Photo

Zooks and Knives

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Eliminator

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

If someone could mod a map for Zooks and Knives only (Berlin would be best) I would greatly appreciate it.

#2 Grinch

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Can't be done.

#3 gregefc

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

Can't be done.

You modded before? Because I'm pretty sure in my SSM experiences you can make nothing but zooks available to select... And you can certainly remove vehicles and certainly do the same with grenades. Not sure about the pistol though, but I'm thinking something can be done about it as well.

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

I dont think the pistol matters really, zook kit only(without nades ofcourse). Maybe if its possible increase the amount of zook shells in the kits.

#5 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

Mod planes so one gun shoot as a bazooka ! :)
  • Eliminator likes this

#6 Eliminator

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Or a flamethrower modded tank would be cool!

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#7 Angerfist

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

I dont think the pistol matters really, zook kit only(without nades ofcourse). Maybe if its possible increase the amount of zook shells in the kits.

Of course the Pistol doesn't matter when you can't aim ;-)

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Where is the Not Like button.... and I can aim D=

#9 Angerfist

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

Pfff, you wouldn't hit NYC with a nuke. Even if you have 2 attemtps :D

#10 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

Pfff, you wouldn't hit NYC with a nuke. Even if you have 2 attemtps :D

I know where germany is =D Und Köln ;)

#11 Angerfist

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

You can nuke Cologne, I don't like that city anyway (sorry Sassearge).

#12 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

Or a flamethrower modded tank would be cool!

Yes it will !!!  and spawn instead of die on their knees start running in flames.

Captain Miller can aim,  but you need to be very , VERY still,  and place yourself under his crossair. 

#13 birney

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

Zook and knives most certainly can be done, we have had knife fests before and we have had zook fests before. If memory servers me correctly these where modded fests so nobody could pull out a machine gun etc.The first video was a 'modded' fest, and the beach part of the second video was 'by agreement' of all the players, but is bad quality.

and

http://www.dailymoti...fest_videogames

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#14 dodgem

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

I remember a couple of different matches. One was snipers no scope only, but that was through agreement only (to not use pistols nor knives). The other time I remember playing zooks only - you couldn't choose any other kit....but I think pistols and knives were still available.

#15 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

So.... When we play one ?

#16 Grinch

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

erm, I have wanted zooks and knives only for 10 years, and no one could ever do it, talked to mods on every server there was, no dice.

Feel like im in a twilight zone right now with people saying they can do it, or at least come close to it.

#17 birney

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

erm, I have wanted zooks and knives only for 10 years, and no one could ever do it, talked to mods on every server there was, no dice.

Feel like im in a twilight zone right now with people saying they can do it, or at least come close to it.

People said Origin and CD players playing together could not be done but look at us now lol.

It is possible though that people are talking about two different types of mods, R2r and Sw may also add another equation to it all. There are two types of mods(in my opinion).  For ease of reading we will call these 'map mods' and 'server-side' mods. Map mods means a map is modded to the point that people will need to download it, add it to their bf42 folders to be able to play it. Server-side mods are maps that have been modded but people do not have to download it and can simply join the server with it running. Some good examples of these are Omaha Para(server-side) that allows people to jump and parachute down with just machine guns. Where as Santaland or Sheep ville requires people to download to play. . In the past we have changed the top flag location on Omaha Cq(vanilla), had a ship, turbo bikes and jeeps in market garden. We have had an aircraft carrier on Omaha with planes of course and all of these where maps modded that anyone could play without downloading the map. 

I think part of the problem is that many of the long-term experienced modders have now left the game. Meaning the people who say it cant be done, don't necessarily know  what the work-a-round is to do it. 

#18 gregefc

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

It can be done. Not sure who you've talked to but its as simple as reassigning all of the kits to the anti tank class. It would still show that you're selecting something like scout or assault class pre spawn, but when you spawn you would have a bazooka.

As for the grenades, that's a very easy fix. The only thing I cannot remember how to do would be something about the pistol. I am sure there's some kind of fix though... I mean, hell, I can make the binoculars into an artillery barrage. You point and click your 'spot' and it rains down jeeps on the area. All server side.

#19 Black Mamba

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

Can't be done.

Of course it can be done. I can fix a server-side version of Berlin/Stalingrad or any map with a good flat area for knife/zook matches for this. As Greg said you only need to edit one or two CON files in the map's RFA, patch it up, and voila: zooks only, pistols and nades disabled.

#20 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Can't be done.

Of course it can be done. I can fix a server-side version of Berlin/Stalingrad or any map with a good flat area for knife/zook matches for this. As Greg said you only need to edit one or two CON files in the map's RFA, patch it up, and voila: zooks only, pistols and nades disabled.

And you are waiting for.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com