Photo

Dear Hackusators

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Angerfist

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

It's almost bizarre how many players yell "hk!" "bs" "no way" etc after they get killed. 

Ratio "HACK !" vs. "nice shot!" : 10 : 1

If you get killed in a (for you) unexplanable way, try asking "how?" instead of insulting those who killed you.

It's not that hard to show some respect and accept that (in this situation) the other guy did a better job. Nobody looks more stupid than the guy who plays the "I play this since ten years, impossible shot, you are obviously hacking" card. 

Show some sportsmanship. Or at least try. 

• Lin, duff, LL22 and 1 other like this

#2 Renlist

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:26 AM

Better players know how to account for the netcode and the pings.  They are quicker and more adept at using the zoom key to fire at your head and not your body, for deadly damage.

I'm not at the level that some players are and that technique.    I fire half a clip at them and they fire a few bursts accurately at my head for the kill. It can get frustrating.

I've not seen many HACK! complaints.  I do want to yell LAG!  sometimes, out of frustration.

#3 scottisblack

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Good post Anger fist. When I have a good game and start scoring on people that usually score on me its almost a given that some of them will start to unravel.  A lot of regs on this site deserve credit but they are in the minority.

Whats worse is I am a really streaky player so I tend to play WAY above my head for stretches of time and then come down to earth.  So it makes it all the more frustrating for them it seems.  Like I've taken their birthright or something.

#4 Angerfist

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

My favourite hackusation so far : 

a guy calling me a hacker because his 4 Sherman shells didn't kill my Tiger, while my 3 Tiger shells killed his Sherman (front armour vs front armour, 10 yards distance).

The same guy is known for yelling "BS!", "HK" etc 24/7. Just out of curiosity, I made a little statistic once while I was playing. In a timeframe of three hours, he managed to make a hackusation every six minutes (bs, hk,hackhackhk etc). I didn't count the times though when he was so angry that he had to correct his statements (for example typing HKAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! instead of hk!). 

#5 scottisblack

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

To be honest there are very few moments on this server I ever felt like I was being cheated.

But if anything can be taken out of this discussion it should be for peopel to be more inclined to give kudos to players when they are playing well and not just yell the typical 'BS' or hackusations.

It's infantile and tiresome and takes the fun out of the game.

• Angerfist likes this

#6 TomKnollRFV

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:16 AM

Not related to yer server, but annoying hackusators in general..

Back when I was really into the original DoD I used to get 40-1 as a sniper pretty normally on some maps. I had an admin spec me, then accusing me of hacking..because I kept killing him. I still wonder now if that admin was 12 or so back then.

#7 Renlist

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

And that...ladies and gentlemen,  is why players get kicked or even banned by incessantly stating their case about hackers/cheaters in the middle of a game, over and over.  It's a disruption for us all. Take it here and state your case, not during a game!  You're just begging for a kick or a ban doing so.

• dodgem and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#8 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

I know why Anger started this, and before I continue must confess that I was one that when could not understand how the F that happened chat BS and after a secuence of that stuff , if very VERY weird stated hack. I am not proud of it, but I was a young man before , I am placing my stuff in the right shelves and growing up.

It is not good at all if this start to be repeated, I've seen it 2 weeks ago and was sad, just some guy started with bs and that's it, more and more did it, I counted like 4 gamers doing it. There was no admin in so lasted for a while. Not mentioning the hackusations, there are the worst. Minutes of disruptive chat.

I give a medal to all admins that face this and clean the server again and again, what a show of patience and great sight to seen it is happening more and something must be done to stop it.

I'll disconnect me from game before chat that again.

About the "nice"

I am using it more :) would be nice too to have a thanks back ;) , I do thanks when someone say nice to me.

#9 Renlist

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

You're welcome? err Thanks?   ummm What?

#10 gregefc

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hedley signing in.
  • Angerfist and Bot like this

#11 Steve2112

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

I'm visiting to help me pick up game hints and tricks and become a better player. For some reason, Anger's thread gave me a pop up that said "YES...this means YOU!". I was startled to say the least. Then ashamed because yes, I am guilty. I will play a few good sessions and then lose my cool. I am sure that if some people could see my screen as i see it, they would understand. The other day, no one is in one of my team tanks. I move around a bit to refresh the screen, and suddenly it's firing at me with no foe indicator. I am just not sure how that happens.  I' guessing "netcode" (whatever that is), and ping...even though mine is typically ~60, which seems below average to me. 

The problem Anger...is that when I/we ask "how did you do that"...the overwhelming response is "I am just that good". As if we (the potential haccusors) aren't already frustrated? There was one guy on TS that actually really tried to help me with settings/hardware/updates. Above and beyond, but it didn't help any. 

It seems like what I am seeing is 1/2 second behind what the OTHER guy/people see. In other words...for him, he's already shot me dead before I even see it. And I'll be like...NO WAY. Another thing that happens is I won't see of hear any gunfire or explosion until AFTER I die. I realize the game MIGHT be good enough to delay a battleship salvo from a mile out, but the actual shell impact? 

I've seen people jump into a tank like they saw it was there...sitting in the cockpit...but no tank...for an instant. 

I move around (what seems to me) very randomly, up and down hills, fast zig zag and guy with ordinary gun takes me out in 1-2 shots. So he really can account for random terrain, my random movements, and "netcode" and ping? I will canvass a spot hard then SUDDENLY a foe appears and blasts. When racing for vehicles other peopel actually move FASTER than me...which I think is weird. 

One major concern for me is something like me throwing a grenade VERY near a foe...and nothing happens. I watch a nade sail over my head AND running away from it and I die. This seem to happen on any map and either team. I suppose it's weapon spread or weapon damage? 

I do admit...I made a couple adjustments lately that have helped a bit. Internet hardware and game graphics (even though my helper friend said it should matter too much). What would be cool is if I could show my screen and game play, and have someone guide me on the issues. Also tweaking of hardware. 

What you have with me is a player who truly wants to get better, yet I feel trapped...but what I am not sure. Fairly certain it's not my (really nice Cyberpower) PC. Pretty sure my settings are good, I've messed with them to try and find it. My internet speeds are better than average.  Yes I know other players have been playing for 50,000 years.....and I also know many are reluctant to help others, even though they are good folk. 

So what is it? What can I do? Something I am missing...it certainly is not from lack of PT. 

• Lin likes this

#12 Angerfist

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

Hedley signing in.

That's ... Hackley ! 

#13 Angerfist

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

I'm visiting to help me pick up game hints and tricks and become a better player. For some reason, Anger's thread gave me a pop up that said "YES...this means YOU!". I was startled to say the least. Then ashamed because yes, I am guilty. I will play a few good sessions and then lose my cool. I am sure that if some people could see my screen as i see it, they would understand. The other day, no one is in one of my team tanks. I move around a bit to refresh the screen, and suddenly it's firing at me with no foe indicator. I am just not sure how that happens.  I' guessing "netcode" (whatever that is), and ping...even though mine is typically ~60, which seems below average to me. 

60 ping is good. Western Europeans roll with 130 - 160, a lot of guys play with a ping higher than 200. 

Don't forget to check the minimap. If you haven't done it yet, go to the settings and put the minimap zoom on a certain keyboard button, a button which is easy to reach during gameplay. That will help you to recognize if an empty vehicle gets taken in main (for example). Very useful option.

The problem Anger...is that when I/we ask "how did you do that"...the overwhelming response is "I am just that good". As if we (the potential haccusors) aren't already frustrated? There was one guy on TS that actually really tried to help me with settings/hardware/updates. Above and beyond, but it didn't help any. 

Well I guess that's the consequence of the constant "BS !" statements. If a player approaches me with the typical "sure" "bs" "hk" crap, he'll get a "because I rock" as an answer. If not, he'll get a normal answer. 

It seems like what I am seeing is 1/2 second behind what the OTHER guy/people see. In other words...for him, he's already shot me dead before I even see it. And I'll be like...NO WAY. Another thing that happens is I won't see of hear any gunfire or explosion until AFTER I die. I realize the game MIGHT be good enough to delay a battleship salvo from a mile out, but the actual shell impact? 

Don't know if that's a hardware issue or if it's your physique. 

I move around (what seems to me) very randomly, up and down hills, fast zig zag and guy with ordinary gun takes me out in 1-2 shots. So he really can account for random terrain, my random movements, and "netcode" and ping? I will canvass a spot hard then SUDDENLY a foe appears and blasts. 

A lot of times, you simply have to estimate where or how the enemy moves. And a solid infantry player (especially the low pingers) won't have any issues to kill you with a few bullets. 

When racing for vehicles other peopel actually move FASTER than me...which I think is weird. 

Make sure that you are not using the "zoom", you'll run slower with a "zoomed in" rifle.

One major concern for me is something like me throwing a grenade VERY near a foe...and nothing happens. I watch a nade sail over my head AND running away from it and I die. This seem to happen on any map and either team. I suppose it's weapon spread or weapon damage? 

I feel your pain. People running through my tank shells and mg fire as if I was shooting soap bubbles. The combination of an old game plus high ping variations. 

I do admit...I made a couple adjustments lately that have helped a bit. Internet hardware and game graphics (even though my helper friend said it should matter too much). What would be cool is if I could show my screen and game play, and have someone guide me on the issues. Also tweaking of hardware. 

Try to video your gameplay, that would probably the easiest way to help / explain stuff.

What you have with me is a player who truly wants to get better, yet I feel trapped...but what I am not sure. Fairly certain it's not my (really nice Cyberpower) PC. Pretty sure my settings are good, I've messed with them to try and find it. My internet speeds are better than average.  Yes I know other players have been playing for 50,000 years.....and I also know many are reluctant to help others, even though they are good folk. 

So what is it? What can I do? Something I am missing...it certainly is not from lack of PT. 

Talent, experience, hardware, internet connection, physical and psychological abilities. I play this since 8+ years but I still suck at infantry fights. I get my ass kicked by guys who are 30 years older and by guys who have a 180 ping. 

• Lin likes this

#14 Steve2112

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

The point for point quoting will get tedious and incomprhensible REALLY fast.

Let me say that I thank you for responding but there isn't much you've said that offers any real help. And you calimn asking for help during a game is helpful? I realize a sense of humor is quite helpful both here and in life...but look at your answer for players moving faster than me. I've said as much duriung gameplay..I must be a fattass right? But here I am admitting guilt to your threrad title AND asking for help...and that is what I get.

I'ver played games since pong. I signed on to Subspace when it first came out. I am no nube for the "phsyical and pyscholiogcal abilities" of electronic games. At one time there weren't any home games or computers I went to the arcades to play. I know how to account for moving targets.

Well never mind...I am just wasting your time and mine. I'll either figure it out myself, keep getting kicked or bant, or give up. It's all good.

#15 Classic

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

Maybe post a vid of what you're seeing so we can understand better

#16 Renlist

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:13 AM

His frustration is probably from not compensating for the less than stellar netcode. Others have mastered it (leading your shots).

If your opponent is moving side to side, aiming and shooting ahead a little helps. 

#17 Jubilee

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:03 AM

I'm not going to address the hackusating because it's tiresome, but I do have a lot of tips that can help. Aside from good internet and a steady pc, that is.

There are so many tiny little details about the game that can help your game play... so many that I can't even begin to explain it. I'll give a few examples that I use as clues. You could be a great shot, but it means nothing if you can't use your environment and map to your advantage. 

For example, say I don't hear a shot, because it's so far away. But if I see the shot hit the ground, the guy is near the 180 degree mark opposite of where it hit. His line of site would be lining up where bullet landed and my position when he fired. So when I know his general vicinity. Headphones help too.

Or perhaps I hear a grenade go off near me. I can count the next two grenades while I hide. After the third, I can pop out of hiding and kill with one sniper shot and one pistol. If there is a 4th or more grenade, then either the guy is at an ammo box or there's at least one more infantry with him. If there's no ammo box nearby that I know of, there's multiple infantry.

As far as running speed... I've heard people claim that people run at different speeds, and I don't see what they're talking about. Everyone runs at the same speed. So pointing your crosshair directly at a flag/vehicle while you run will get you there faster than someone who is wiggling around even just slightly. But I don't usually run direct, because it means someone can pick you off easily if they're prone. Also remember spawn points are different. People spawn closer and whatnot. I just don't believe or see that anyone is running faster or slower than anyone else.

Leading when you shoot is just something you need to learn to do properly. Even when I think my shot is on point, there are times when I miss completely due to regs/server/whatever. It just happens. It's not a 100% sealed deal when I take a shot for a game like this. But I'll say this much... Although it's harder for me with a 200 ping on Euro servers, I can still lead just fine. I would say just learn to lead better. It takes time though to master it really. And even when you do, like I said it's not guaranteed. Anyway, good luck. I have more tips if you want. Just ask me to come on ts when you see me and I will if I can.

• Angerfist likes this

#18 Renlist

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:00 AM

If you're running and you change from, say, a bazooka or a machine gun to a pistol, you WILL run a little bit faster.

#19 D Day

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

God bless all that want to help poor Steve, you are perhaps more compassionate and understanding than I.

I don't fell compelled to help anyone that throws out veiled accusations of cheating when they regularly end up dead at the hands of people who have been playing this game since it came out, and also clog up the game chat with a combination of whining and arguing about when and how they can get help to understand what has taken many of us quite some time to learn.

Anger goes out of his way to post some helpful information and gets it thrown back in his face. Nicely done Steve.

I believe Steve's behavior is deliberate, and he/she likes stirring that pot and getting the reactions from others in game. I will not be participating in that BS.

My advice is to Steve is to play the game, listen to the few that are trying to help, stop the whining/complaining, or move on.

• Angerfist likes this

#20 Lin

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

Angerfist: Thank you for attempting to help someone to learn quickly what it has taken most many years to learn. Unfortunately your tutelage is falling on deaf ears.

Steve: I am overriding Anger's invitation to learn on the server. You are a complete and total ass who has soured the game and ignored everyone else by your attempts to "learn" this game. You may ask any and all questions HERE, you may no longer ruin the game by insisting on asking questions there and being an ass to those who do try to teach you.

In order to learn, you have to be receptive. You are not trying to learn, you are trying to find holes in what we tell you because there MUST be a SECRET that allows others to be BETTER THAN YOU at this game.

No longer.

I am more convinced every time I see your sorry attitude in game that this is not the community for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com