Photo

Dear Hackusators

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#21 Angerfist

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

The point for point quoting will get tedious and incomprhensible REALLY fast.

If reading a post with point for point quoting is exhausting for you, and if my answers to your questions get incomprehensible REALLY fast even though I chose the most comfortable layout structure ... well, then I'm not surprised that you have a 1/2 second delay. I'm pretty sure now that you don't have a hardware or internet issue, but brain lag. 

I won't reply on the rest of your post, not worth to waste the time.

Before another brainiac trolls around in game chat with statements like "Anger said I should ask in game chat" :

Appropiate : asking "how the hell did you kill me?" ----> getting an answer ----> game on. 2 - 3 lines in chat.

Not appropiate : whining and moaning for 10 minutes after you got your answer.

I didn't expect that I have to clarify this. But I also didn't expect to be confronted with a thousand hackusations (of course yelled by guys who have a very low amount of game knowledge and skills). 

• duff likes this

#22 Renlist

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:48 AM

You did take on each one of his issues...but there were so many...lol.  No wonder some dismissed him soon after.

#23 domsavag3

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:43 PM

Well hi,

Its been a long time (although I do check forums every once in a while) and this thread particularly caught my attention...

I can't recall who said on the previous page but leading shots is key, the ammount of times i would fire full clips at what i thought was a person only to be presented with a pixelated dance and knifed in the face!.....after a while I along with a few others (at least 10+ years ago haha, had it down to a tee (ping about 120-140 sometimes up to 160, oh and knowing the map helps, that way your aim is always focused), didn't stop us getting kills / wins etc.... some older members will remember BCE / Anarchy :),

anyway, just thought i'd reactivate my account and say hi!

Take it easy guys :)

• Angerfist likes this

#24 Steve2112

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

The point for point quoting will get tedious and incomprhensible REALLY fast.

If reading a post with point for point quoting is exhausting for you, and if my answers to your questions get incomprehensible REALLY fast even though I chose the most comfortable layout structure ... well, then I'm not surprised that you have a 1/2 second delay. I'm pretty sure now that you don't have a hardware or internet issue, but brain lag. 

I won't reply on the rest of your post, not worth to waste the time.

Before another brainiac trolls around in game chat with statements like "Anger said I should ask in game chat" :

Appropiate : asking "how the hell did you kill me?" ----> getting an answer ----> game on. 2 - 3 lines in chat.

Not appropiate : whining and moaning for 10 minutes after you got your answer.

I didn't expect that I have to clarify this. But I also didn't expect to be confronted with a thousand hackusations (of course yelled by guys who have a very low amount of game knowledge and skills). 

Anger...sorry I didn't come back right away...I wanted to give it some time and play a few games too..which I did...without any problems.

Can you imagine it we continue to post quote for quote? And you dont think that would get VERY tedious and incomprensible? It breaks down very fast. As I quote you quoting me quoting you quoting me...I mean it just doesnt work. Sorry just my opinion.

At the risk of once again pissing everyone off...I'd like to ask you...what ANSWER did I get...from jubes? "how did you kill me"? From anyone? The fact is there WAS no answer. I told you "I'm that good" and "try aiming". That;s the answer I got. When Iasked for a REAl answer, based on your advice...everyone beeched about asking too much.

So I am VERY sorry but your advice did not work for me on that night. "Say good shot and ask how did you kil me". I did that and got HOLY HELL for it. I will leave it at that. I'd like to respond to a few other posts. Your reply is not needed, but I genuinely do appreciate all you;ve tried to do for me. Thanks man.

Maybe post a vid of what you're seeing so we can understand better

I hope to do that. Thanks!

#25 Steve2112

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

God bless all that want to help poor Steve, you are perhaps more compassionate and understanding than I.

I don't fell compelled to help anyone that throws out veiled accusations of cheating when they regularly end up dead at the hands of people who have been playing this game since it came out, and also clog up the game chat with a combination of whining and arguing about when and how they can get help to understand what has taken many of us quite some time to learn.

Anger goes out of his way to post some helpful information and gets it thrown back in his face. Nicely done Steve.

I believe Steve's behavior is deliberate, and he/she likes stirring that pot and getting the reactions from others in game. I will not be participating in that BS.

My advice is to Steve is to play the game, listen to the few that are trying to help, stop the whining/complaining, or move on.

I've been playing for a few years now. I've hit a brick wall...and I am not sure why. You think I don;t LEAD a foe? Haven;t take any advice? That my anxiety and frustration is DELIBERATE? I assure you not. I did not thorw naything in Anger's face....sorry if it appeared that way.

You should SEE all the bookmarks I have on game hints! I vceen scribbled a bunch down for during game play. I need to find out how to record my game, then I can show you...and we can go from there.

#26 Steve2112

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Angerfist: Thank you for attempting to help someone to learn quickly what it has taken most many years to learn. Unfortunately your tutelage is falling on deaf ears.

Steve: I am overriding Anger's invitation to learn on the server. You are a complete and total ass who has soured the game and ignored everyone else by your attempts to "learn" this game. You may ask any and all questions HERE, you may no longer ruin the game by insisting on asking questions there and being an ass to those who do try to teach you.

In order to learn, you have to be receptive. You are not trying to learn, you are trying to find holes in what we tell you because there MUST be a SECRET that allows others to be BETTER THAN YOU at this game.

No longer.

I am more convinced every time I see your sorry attitude in game that this is not the community for you.

Lin...I am sorry I have tested your patience so. And you could be right...my game experience...could at times be not for me. I assure you I am NOT a "complete and total ass". I wouldn;t be HERE if I were. I wouldn't ASK if I didn't want advice. But when I ask during game play as suggested, and I get " am that good" and "try aiming"...welll I think gthat is a bit assy too, ya know? Then when I come HERE to relay it...I get even MORE grief. Tried to follow the rules and suggestions and still didn't work? Yes...you could very well be right.

I still think there is some hardware problem. I think there could be some local server problem. ONE peron did try to help me on TS and it did nothing...so maybe there is nothing to do about it. I am SO sorry I can't remebber who it was...really great dude.

Again...there is some sort of BRICK WALL that my hardware and/or server won't let me get through...I am sure of it. I have a great PC (cyberpower couple years old) and Road Runner account that is decent. It's hard to explain...but again I will try to find out how to record game play and maybe that will help.

Hopefully, you have a shred of patience and sympathy left.

#27 Steve2112

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

I'm not going to address the hackusating because it's tiresome, but I do have a lot of tips that can help. Aside from good internet and a steady pc, that is.

There are so many tiny little details about the game that can help your game play... so many that I can't even begin to explain it. I'll give a few examples that I use as clues. You could be a great shot, but it means nothing if you can't use your environment and map to your advantage. 

For example, say I don't hear a shot, because it's so far away. But if I see the shot hit the ground, the guy is near the 180 degree mark opposite of where it hit. His line of site would be lining up where bullet landed and my position when he fired. So when I know his general vicinity. Headphones help too.

Or perhaps I hear a grenade go off near me. I can count the next two grenades while I hide. After the third, I can pop out of hiding and kill with one sniper shot and one pistol. If there is a 4th or more grenade, then either the guy is at an ammo box or there's at least one more infantry with him. If there's no ammo box nearby that I know of, there's multiple infantry.

As far as running speed... I've heard people claim that people run at different speeds, and I don't see what they're talking about. Everyone runs at the same speed. So pointing your crosshair directly at a flag/vehicle while you run will get you there faster than someone who is wiggling around even just slightly. But I don't usually run direct, because it means someone can pick you off easily if they're prone. Also remember spawn points are different. People spawn closer and whatnot. I just don't believe or see that anyone is running faster or slower than anyone else.

Leading when you shoot is just something you need to learn to do properly. Even when I think my shot is on point, there are times when I miss completely due to regs/server/whatever. It just happens. It's not a 100% sealed deal when I take a shot for a game like this. But I'll say this much... Although it's harder for me with a 200 ping on Euro servers, I can still lead just fine. I would say just learn to lead better. It takes time though to master it really. And even when you do, like I said it's not guaranteed. Anyway, good luck. I have more tips if you want. Just ask me to come on ts when you see me and I will if I can.

Hi Jube...haven;t been on TS lately...but when I was on for more than a year I never heard or saw ya.

Yes...I do lead people. And I ASSURE you, that people do run faster than me, even when I carry light weapons. My game experience must be different that yours. Obviously right?

The game in question, when I asked you "how did you kill me" and you replied "I am just that good", youy also said "I can see you" and I knew that you could see my silloutte,...I was on the hill and you were in the bunker. You ran behind the bunker, behind the sandbag...popped up, fired and shot me...Like less than a second. It was FOR ME....like you didn;t even aim. I watched the whole thing...KNOWING you had seen me.

IMO...it wasn't that you "hacked;' and i NEVER said you did. EVER. For me...it was like I was viewing things WAY behind you. Like you were michael Jordan and I was Chalrles Barkley. I am cuious how you INSTANLTY shot me as you stood uo and poppped down...and kill shot from pretty far away. Like you had PRE AIMED somhow? I've heard of Pixel shooting? Maybe that?

All this hack talk and I never did hackuse. Check it. Not even an insinuation. I was sincerely asking you for help. Not sure you can give any...tbh. I think some people just have better game play, accuracy, speed, precision.....regardless of playing for 15 years or 5 years. I am trying to find out how to get that...and if there's SOMETHING that we can find that says I never will...okay.

I've been playing video games since before many of you were born. Pong? Yep...I did that. 1980 arcade rooms? yep. we'd drive down to the big arcades.  Subspace? I was there. It's not that I don;t get how to play video games. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Sorry for testing patiences, I've truly enjoyed BF 1942. I believe that I am a good player and good team mate. BUT....DESPERATELY trying to find out how to be better...no matter what I do how I lead, what team what gear what vehicles...score is only average at best. I will figure out how to record gameplay and we can go from there?

#28 posi

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

I use Razer Cortex ,  it requires an e-mail registration but is a free application and easy to use. 

http://www.razerzone.com/cortex

#29 Jubilee

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

I'm not going to address the hackusating because it's tiresome, but I do have a lot of tips that can help. Aside from good internet and a steady pc, that is.

There are so many tiny little details about the game that can help your game play... so many that I can't even begin to explain it. I'll give a few examples that I use as clues. You could be a great shot, but it means nothing if you can't use your environment and map to your advantage. 

For example, say I don't hear a shot, because it's so far away. But if I see the shot hit the ground, the guy is near the 180 degree mark opposite of where it hit. His line of site would be lining up where bullet landed and my position when he fired. So when I know his general vicinity. Headphones help too.

Or perhaps I hear a grenade go off near me. I can count the next two grenades while I hide. After the third, I can pop out of hiding and kill with one sniper shot and one pistol. If there is a 4th or more grenade, then either the guy is at an ammo box or there's at least one more infantry with him. If there's no ammo box nearby that I know of, there's multiple infantry.

As far as running speed... I've heard people claim that people run at different speeds, and I don't see what they're talking about. Everyone runs at the same speed. So pointing your crosshair directly at a flag/vehicle while you run will get you there faster than someone who is wiggling around even just slightly. But I don't usually run direct, because it means someone can pick you off easily if they're prone. Also remember spawn points are different. People spawn closer and whatnot. I just don't believe or see that anyone is running faster or slower than anyone else.

Leading when you shoot is just something you need to learn to do properly. Even when I think my shot is on point, there are times when I miss completely due to regs/server/whatever. It just happens. It's not a 100% sealed deal when I take a shot for a game like this. But I'll say this much... Although it's harder for me with a 200 ping on Euro servers, I can still lead just fine. I would say just learn to lead better. It takes time though to master it really. And even when you do, like I said it's not guaranteed. Anyway, good luck. I have more tips if you want. Just ask me to come on ts when you see me and I will if I can.

Hi Jube...haven;t been on TS lately...but when I was on for more than a year I never heard or saw ya.

Yes...I do lead people. And I ASSURE you, that people do run faster than me, even when I carry light weapons. My game experience must be different that yours. Obviously right?

The game in question, when I asked you "how did you kill me" and you replied "I am just that good", youy also said "I can see you" and I knew that you could see my silloutte,...I was on the hill and you were in the bunker. You ran behind the bunker, behind the sandbag...popped up, fired and shot me...Like less than a second. It was FOR ME....like you didn;t even aim. I watched the whole thing...KNOWING you had seen me.

IMO...it wasn't that you "hacked;' and i NEVER said you did. EVER. For me...it was like I was viewing things WAY behind you. Like you were michael Jordan and I was Chalrles Barkley. I am cuious how you INSTANLTY shot me as you stood uo and poppped down...and kill shot from pretty far away. Like you had PRE AIMED somhow? I've heard of Pixel shooting? Maybe that?

All this hack talk and I never did hackuse. Check it. Not even an insinuation. I was sincerely asking you for help. Not sure you can give any...tbh. I think some people just have better game play, accuracy, speed, precision.....regardless of playing for 15 years or 5 years. I am trying to find out how to get that...and if there's SOMETHING that we can find that says I never will...okay.

I've been playing video games since before many of you were born. Pong? Yep...I did that. 1980 arcade rooms? yep. we'd drive down to the big arcades.  Subspace? I was there. It's not that I don;t get how to play video games. Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Sorry for testing patiences, I've truly enjoyed BF 1942. I believe that I am a good player and good team mate. BUT....DESPERATELY trying to find out how to be better...no matter what I do how I lead, what team what gear what vehicles...score is only average at best. I will figure out how to record gameplay and we can go from there?

I have never said the words, "I am that good." I don't have an ego to pop, and I'm sick of people assuming so. I play this game because I like it. It's calming. It doesn't make me feel better about myself; it's just a nice little escape. My brain is always go,go, go when it comes to real life. It's nice to give it a different task for a couple hours. It just sucks when I'm finally having a moment to relax and someone is pestering me, insinuating that I'm somehow diabolical in my game play. Even if you don't directly hackusate, I'm not an idiot. I smurf a lot on the server; you have in the past constantly made references to people using something other than natural talent; I can't speak for your recent behavior, so I'll leave that open ended.

Referring to that evening... As I said, I can see you. Like I can literally see a little dark dot on the hill even when I'm zoomed out; and there's not much fog on the 2 quadrants that is Battleaxe. It is especially easy to see you when you're nowhere near a tree or bush, and even worse... just on the highest point of a hill. Snipers in that position stick out like a tumor. A 144Hz monitor has only made my life easier.

On maps like Battleaxe, I can name most of the common hiding spots for inexperienced "background" snipers. In the hills. In the hills by the trees. In the hills by the rocks. In the hills at the bushes. Point is... I check hills constantly on that map. You went to the same spot like three times in a row... I was actually surprised that you kept going back even though you knew I keep checking there. There were even points when I could literally see you running there, but I didn't see where you stopped... and yet you went to the same area. There are also times, and that time in particular, when I had already spotted you lying down and knew you'd try to shoot me, but experience tells me you probably won't be able to hit me with a headshot. That means in the meantime I can take out someone in a more threatening vicinity before I kill someone in the hills who is going to run out of ammo anyway. Watch the videos; I do check hills constantly. And more importantly, I do move constantly and shoot quickly. It's not an unheard of talent... I can name a lot of people who shoot the same way.

Other known hiding spots on Baxe... sandbags at the main, trees at the main, the axis window by their main flag, the roofs and buildings inside both mains, etc. Also really common, people standing completely still inside bunkers. I have some useful information... if you're looking out a small window, then you are an easy target; small window = small target = only one spot to aim = easy kill. These are ALL hiding spots I check constantly. I can list a million hiding spots for other maps as well. It just comes with years of playing. It's not because I know people are there; it's because that's where people go. This is why I don't bother hiding, especially if there's no ammo nearby. It's a waste of game play to run around the outskirts just to look for a place to utilize a mere 15 bullets.

Like I said earlier, you can watch my twitch channel. See how I move. Why I move. How I turn corners, where I aim... when I aim. There's a method to the madness. http://www.twitch.tv/jubibadtz/profile

Also, people don't run faster. You're either lagging or it's in your head. I have never seen anyone run faster or slower than I do.

• Angerfist likes this

#30 Lin

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

You're a nicer person than me, Jubs.

btw, oolong rocks. :D

• Jubilee likes this

#31 Steve2112

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

You're a nicer person than me, Jubs.

btw, oolong rocks. :D

Well...that could be...some people are nicer than others!  :wasnt-me:  :rolleyes:

Lin...we've talked on TS,and I have indeed asked for help several times...so for you and others to think I am INTENTIONALLY  trying to piss you off is ridiculous. Not even unintentionally trying. I didn't join TS because I KNOW everyone...I didn't know ANYONE.  I went there to seek help. I realize that my frustration might get tiresome, but so is not really getting any advice that actually helps me solve the issues that I see. Despite what jube says, noobs really do get more smart ass answers than real help. I am NOT saying "no one ever helps me poor me". I am saying I really haven't gotten anything that HELPS. So I have to keep trying. Yes...I know players know where other players go to see other players. Yes, I know you have to lead (even though I juke totally random back and forth, as well a lot of players). This kind of advice isn't helping. 

Hoping maybe you give me a clean slate...and a chance to start over. No more hack talk from me...in fact this week I think I have been a VERY good player and team mate...that's who I really am. I wasn't even putting up good scores- just doing things like AA and repair on the flatty. I am certainly no score whore/spawn raper...I just want to have a little more confidence and accuracy in what I am doing. Going on 4 years now...I know the maps, weapons, even tendencies of some players. There's just a FEW things I need to find out or fix. Just locked into a ceiling/rut/wall. This is why I kinda think it's hardware/connection-type issue. 

The best advice yet? The link for game play management and video capture. I'm going to do that for sure, and MAYBE...I can show some real examples of what the game looks like on my screen. I'm very confident you...or anyone willing to help...will find something. 

#32 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

"Hoping maybe you give me a clean slate...and a chance to start over. No more hack talk from me...in fact this week I think I have been a VERY good player and team mate...that's who I really am. I wasn't even putting up good scores- just doing things like AA and repair on the flatty. I am certainly no score whore/spawn raper...I just want to have a little more confidence and accuracy in what I am doing. Going on 4 years now...I know the maps, weapons, even tendencies of some players. There's just a FEW things I need to find out or fix. Just locked into a ceiling/rut/wall. This is why I kinda think it's hardware/connection-type issue."

Thank you !  :)

#33 Angerfist

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

It's not because I know people are there; it's because that's where people go. 

Exactly. It's that easy, and applies for every other class or vehicle.

• dodgem likes this

#34 Jubilee

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

Hardware/network problems aside, you are still disregarding the advice we're giving you. Even if there is slight lag on your end, you're still putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by your general game play. So what would it matter at this point even if you did figure out your possible technical issues?

• Angerfist likes this

#35 Renlist

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:45 AM

Agreed. If he's figured out allowing for the general net code, which we all have to,  and his PC isn't ancient and doesn't need an FPS booster utility, and he gets decent pings to server ...then what more can we offer?

• Jubilee likes this

#36 FunkMastaSpaz

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

Steve, sound is key in this game as in any other first person shooter games - especially online play.  I can literally hear footsteps from the enemy in close-quarter, I know where airplanes and loud vehicles are, the direction of which I am being shot at (or friendlies), when nearby vehicles are about to explode, the sound of grenades/expacks landing nearby - all by sound alone. If you can hear your enemy, go and meet him - not face-to-face necessarily, but surprise him. "He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day."  If a group, toss a grenade toward their path then bullets to the man in rear, then sweep. Dance if you miss a bit and if they turn to you, dive to cover if you need to reload, or flee and send the enemy on a hunt until you've reloaded. The best strategy IMO is to be unpredictable. Never attempt the same maneuver/tactic three times in a row. Someone WILL expect it - even if it's just one enemy soldier, it will foil your attempt. Don't always rush right in also, be patient even in anxious times.

#37 Steve2112

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

Thanks Mr Spaz!  I do have a tendency to rush in. I watched Jube's vids and she tends to be patient...but when I do that I usually get blasted. 

I like your suggestion of nading the front while covering a nade retreat. Sweet. 

Things are going better for me...I hope Anger can go a little easier on me...when i say GOOD SHOT...I mean it. If I say "how'd ya do that" it's not meant as undercover hacku. TBH...I havne't haccused anyone in a LONG time. Frustrated? Sure. Hack attack...nope!

If I get frustrated with something , I just go get a beer or chicken dip or sumpin', instead of angrily attempting to find out every little secret about it. 

Thanks again...GOOD SUGGESTIONS!

• FunkMastaSpaz likes this

#38 Steve2112

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Agreed. If he's figured out allowing for the general net code, which we all have to,  and his PC isn't ancient and doesn't need an FPS booster utility, and he gets decent pings to server ...then what more can we offer?

There are MANY things the 100 year vets can teach. 

Some people self teach guitar playing...but a good teacher can make all the difference in the world. I freely admit one has to be a good student too. 

BTW...I didn't know what "netcode" is until this thread and your post, honestly. I'm looking it up now. I am still unsure about netcode, ping and lag. A jittery screen is obvious lag (right?)...but is all of it the same from day to day, player to player, how do you know how much...and other questions. 

#39 Renlist

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

Jittery play is something you need to look into.   I was speaking of having no jittery game play, yet having to deal with a 2003 game and it's less than stellar netcode. 

If you have jittery netplay, then post your specs please.  There are lots of reasons and solutions for jittery netplay. 

What is your average ping to server?  150ms or lower should not cause "jittery" netplay.

It could be the quality of your connection to the server, or router problems, or a number of other things. 

For the sake of not keeping this thread going on and on and on and on...state your specs...all of them. You've been pretty general so far.   I am getting tired of this thread.

Anyone else?

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#40 Steve2112

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:45 PM

Okay...LAST post in this thread for me. If you're not interested...well you ain't interested...and that is fine. I'll figure it out somehow.

The thing is...everything was going well for me...until I replied in this thread. So yes...it's been a big fat headache for me too. I tried to follow some advice from here, I did get upset at the not at all helpful answers (during game play- NOT here!)...and things went downhill fast. I actually have not hackaccused in a long while. 

I have promised to further clean up my act and I have done that so far. I hope I can regain the trust and goodwill of not only Lin and Anger...but all the players too. 

• Captain John H. Miller, -=TheTroopeR=- and Rubulator like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com