Photo

Before there was BF1942, there was C&C:Renegade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

C&C:Renegade was released about a year before BF1942.  When BF1942 came along...C&C:Renegade kinda went by the wayside. It was the pre-cursor to BF1942 and it was some cool game. The textures weren't as good and the net detection was less.  Whatever, I'm starting to jump  back into it for old time sakes.  There's a server that still gets 35 playing at times.

C&C:Renegade is out there for free now. You may need to install an artificial CD-Rom emulator like  "Dameon Lite" to get the game up and running. I had to do that years ago, no problems. It took me all of 20 minutes to download and install and configure controls. The learning curve is simple and very similar to BF1942.

Once you get the game up and running, Google "Renlist."  It's a simple download and install. It  shows a list of Renegade games happening.  You direct Renlist to the games Renegade.exe file and that's it.  Use the GSA tab and type in a nickname, you can't join as "Player".

see ya there maybe.

Renlist is my nickname.  RenCorner server.  It's among the two remaining C&C:Renegade servers that get populated these days. A shame.

These videos were made in the 3rd person view as far as soldiers go (for better video presentation probably). You can play first person view too.

Scenes from C&C:Renegade, 2017. "Attack the base defenses" voice sounds just like the one in BF1942.  That Mammoth tank guy was pretty accurate, until he couldn't protect his teammates deactivating a set Nuke.   He should have placed his Mammoth tank in front of the Nuke to protect some teammates deactivating it.

Setting a nuke or Ion cannon successfully without being killed and keeping it from being deactivated for the necessary 25 seconds can be a heart pounder.  

Scenes from C&C:Renegade multiplayer.

#2 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

I miss Westwood so much. C&C went to shit after they went under.
Renegade was an awesome game. Have you ever tried the RA mod for it? I haven't played it in a few years but it was very well done. I also remember a RA2 mod has been in the works forever.

http://www.moddb.com...t-a-path-beyond

http://www.moddb.com...ocalypse-rising

#3 Renlist

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

I tried Renegade X which is just some guys modding the original in a supposedly cool way. Not impressed. I don't join RenegadeX servers.

RenCorner server gets 30 ppl playing at times (8pm EST). Maps have some minor modifications and a couple of user made maps are included.

Some maps are marathon maps, which means a map can go on for 6 hours until one side or the other finally gets their shit together and ends it.  If a mod is present he/she may just reset the server intentionally to go on to the next map.

And yes...Westwood was a cool team.  90% of user made Renegade maps pale in comparison to Westwood's excellent made standard C&C:Renegade maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com