Photo

ugh. suggestion...smaller maps

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Berlin and Stalingrad are good Conquest maps. 

Berlin is a better CTF map than Stalingrad CTF.  Damn railroad tracks.

"That is all.  The smoking lamp is lit".

#2 bondmaster

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

I love both of these maps but they are not crowd pleasers in this day of age. Seems BF1942 has a much more vehicle heavy audience compared to the smaller infantry maps like Berlin and Stalin.  

• Captain John H. Miller and Rubulator like this

#3 Grassy

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

Berlin and Stali are good for seasoned infantry players..however the average player has no chance on these maps and getting your arse kicked is no fun and they leave.    I admined here for a bit and found that Berlin and Stali tended to kill the mix of server players.  Awhile back, MG ran a modded version of Market for CTF that was a serious crowd please as long as the timer doesn't get extended.

If I were to run stali or berlin...I would probably do it CTF...however I would make sure I have the pulse of the server in mind.

• Rubulator likes this

#4 Rubulator

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

I agree on the state of the player base. The seasoned players are moving on. What's left is a hybrid. Some exceptional players still around. But many new(b's) are getting game through abandonware. And I don't think most will have staying power. 

They get owned in infantry heavy maps. Having medium to larger maps with assets gives them more to do.
I loved Gazala when I first started. cause I sucked, and it gave me options. like sitting in the bridge alley mining for tanks. Or a trip out to the 17 in the NW. Or careening through the valley in a jeep.

​I don't know that at this point there is anything we can do to build pop. A lot of new games are out and as ppl upgrade their hardware they will move on.

​In the fall the pop really fell off. But it cant be school... most players of this game are well beyond that phase... idk... But enjoy it whilst it lasts ... pew pew pew ;)

• bondmaster and Grassy like this

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

​I don't know that at this point there is anything we can do to build pop.

I got my peepee slapped and hurt some feelings for suggestion you guys are rolling over and letting the server die off.
All the responses here support this idea.
Try Ren's suggestion for a bit.

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

I got my peepee slapped and hurt some feelings for suggestion you guys are rolling over and letting the server die off.

Please come back when you have played a bit.

HRD's 

unknown.png

• Spare Parts, Christine1 and coffeeassassin like this

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

you have hurt no ones feelings here, ever.  I believe you may overestimate your influence.  You play so little, your suggestions hardly register.  As for Renlists suggestion for smaller maps, I appreciate his input, he plays slightly more than you.

• Jubilee, Christine1 and coffeeassassin like this

#8 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

I will certainly play more once I log in to maps and modes appropriate for the pop.

You seem to be butthurt enough to come out and tell me my influence I never claimed to have is non exitant there Spare. Sorry to hurt your feelings too.
Thats great you appreciate Ren's feedback. Try it oit sometime.

#9 Spare Parts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

I will certainly play more once I log in to maps and modes appropriate for the pop.  You don't have to play at all.

You seem to be butthurt enough to come out and tell me my influence I never claimed to have is non exitant there Spare. Sorry to hurt your feelings too.  Again, you caused no hurt feelings, I'm merely the newest Sr. Admin, so I get to respond to the nutjobs. 

Thats great you appreciate Ren's feedback. Try it oit sometime.  Map rotations change all the time.   Last couple months or so there were 5 maps in rotation, with Kursk occupying the middle spot.  Now there are 6 maps in rotation, with Kursk out and a modded Liberation of Caen is back.  Before all that we had a 12 map rotation.  Perhaps Berlin and/or Stalingrad will make their way back in. Moongamers seems to change things up frequently.  However it seems change doesn't come quick enough for some and if someone's opinion or idea isn't implemented, then the people running the server must be wrong or trying to let it die....  Kind of insulting to all who keep this place going.  

We also have a great new Market Garden CTF map.  Let me know what month you'll be on for more than 6 minutes and I'll run it for you.

• bondmaster, Christine1 and coffeeassassin like this

#10 bondmaster

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

People are always trying to hurt my feelings, I am used to it :)

Nobody is letting the server die off. Its a simple fact the game is 15 years old. Heck I am amazed things have come this far....and that is a strong testament to the administration of the server combined with a very strong, dedicated, community with players that have lasted for more than a decade. Changing the rotation alone will not make the server better or worse at this point. I have stated its my belief that today's BF1942 community is geared more towards vehicles than infantry. I love Stalin and Berlin because I am a old fart and I believe those maps are great when a full server is going and admins are running the show. However in my opinion putting those maps in the regular rotation is a suggestion that we are rolling over and letting the server die off. However, at the end of the day if the players want those maps and the demand is there then maybe they will get back in the rotation. 

Trust the admins, there are those who have been doing this for a long time and they know the pulse of the community. 

#11 mistamontiel

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

Since Berlin is in this discussion I will suggest again no SSM no backzone , it separates the battling firefights a tad much

#12 Grassy

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:48 AM

Whatever happened to "ok we will take a look at the suggestions" instead of all the passive aggressive comments.  This is probably turning visitors off, and discouraging people from posting.  Proactive instead of reactive works much better.

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#13 The Silver Shroud!

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

Here's a suggestion, keep Caen on the list (even though I do despise the map) but change the map to its original state to where the Allies can capture all flags to end the game.

Look, everyone has their own preferences in maps and what and what should not be in the map rotation. For example, I wonder why there are two large maps currently in the rotation when the server doesn't have enough people for a fun match. We will always have our gripes about this, one post after another. So here's another suggestion, start monthly polls on this website and add a sentence to the server to advertise, something along the lines of, "Vote on Moongamers.com for the monthly map set!". That way the people can set the maps all with a vote.

The voter will simply pick five or so maps of their liking and the resulting five maps to be listed in the rotation will be the ones that were picked the most. That way it won't be Admins Vs. Players constantly, players choice. We can still continue to all post online, make extremely low progress in gettings maps to the rotation, and sit around and talk about how we all think we know what is best for the map rotation if that is what we are into??

And let me edit and add that when I say "players choice" I mean admins and everyone included, admins are still playing the game too.

• HARRY TRIGGER and Rubulator like this

#14 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Here's a suggestion, keep Caen on the list (even though I do despise the map) but change the map to its original state to where the Allies can capture all flags to end the game.

Look, everyone has their own preferences in maps and what and what should not be in the map rotation. For example, I wonder why there are two large maps currently in the rotation when the server doesn't have enough people for a fun match. We will always have our gripes about this, one post after another. So here's another suggestion, start monthly polls on this website and add a sentence to the server to advertise, something along the lines of, "Vote on Moongamers.com for the monthly map set!". That way the people can set the maps all with a vote.

The voter will simply pick five or so maps of their liking and the resulting five maps to be listed in the rotation will be the ones that were picked the most. That way it won't be Admins Vs. Players constantly, players choice. We can still continue to all post online, make extremely low progress in gettings maps to the rotation, and sit around and talk about how we all think we know what is best for the map rotation if that is what we are into??

And let me edit and add that when I say "players choice" I mean admins and everyone included, admins are still playing the game too.

I enjoy all the maps because I just enjoy time to relax and play BF42. But, Silver has a very good idea here. The makers of Moongamers should try this for a while (month) see what kind of response you get. Be nice to see more people in the forums and just maybe if they can vote, they will show up in game.

One can only go back to the previous method. I always told my kids, never say no I don't like it until you try it. If its legal and all. :)   It worked on them when getting them to try veggies when they were we we little people.

Just my thoughts. Thank you to everyone that reads this.

#15 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

I always told my kids, never say no I don't like it until you try it.

But yet you said no to my question, without trying it ;)

#16 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

*banging head on desk*

Big map + low pop + long timer + timer extensions = no fun to be had.
Enter forum + express what peaks your interest as a player + get told what interests players wont interest players + bitter sr admins and their well articulated personal insults unrelated to the subject matter = lower participation.

Roll with that as you please.
Rub and bond, equipment is awesome and much more fun that playing as inf, hands down. But when youve got 4 on 4 gazala (example) it becomes "woohoo spitfires! but only 4 targets scattered around a big map".
Also not fun is running equipment maps and then nerfing the means for inf to take out the equipment.

#17 Spare Parts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Berlin and Stalingrad are good Conquest maps. 

Berlin is a better CTF map than Stalingrad CTF.  Damn railroad tracks.

"That is all.  The smoking lamp is lit".

"ok we will take a look at the suggestions"

Berlin and Stali are good for seasoned infantry players..however the average player has no chance on these maps and getting your arse kicked is no fun and they leave.    I admined here for a bit and found that Berlin and Stali tended to kill the mix of server players.  Awhile back, MG ran a modded version of Market for CTF that was a serious crowd please as long as the timer doesn't get extended.

If I were to run stali or berlin...I would probably do it CTF...however I would make sure I have the pulse of the server in mind.

I will certainly play more once I log in to maps and modes appropriate for the pop.

You seem to be butthurt enough to come out and tell me my influence I never claimed to have is non exitant there Spare. Sorry to hurt your feelings too.
Thats great you appreciate Ren's feedback. Try it oit sometime.

I enjoy all the maps because I just enjoy time to relax and play BF42. But, Silver has a very good idea here. The makers of Moongamers should try this for a while (month) see what kind of response you get. Be nice to see more people in the forums and just maybe if they can vote, they will show up in game.

One can only go back to the previous method. I always told my kids, never say no I don't like it until you try it. If its legal and all. :)   It worked on them when getting them to try veggies when they were we we little people.

Just my thoughts. Thank you to everyone that reads this.

*banging head on desk*

Big map + low pop + long timer + timer extensions = no fun to be had.
Enter forum + express what peaks your interest as a player + get told what interests players wont interest players + bitter sr admins and their well articulated personal insults unrelated to the subject matter = lower participation.

Roll with that as you please.
Rub and bond, equipment is awesome and much more fun that playing as inf, hands down. But when youve got 4 on 4 gazala (example) it becomes "woohoo spitfires! but only 4 targets scattered around a big map".
Also not fun is running equipment maps and then nerfing the means for inf to take out the equipment.

#18 Grassy

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

Ha ha ha, I’ll send 10 bucks so you can work on your sense of humor

#19 bondmaster

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

I am amazed that a 15 year old game is getting everyone's blood boiling. It shows how much passion and dedication still exists and I think its awesome. I don't believe anyone here is trying to put one or the other down. This community values its members and values its input, and it shows with a 15+ year old community. 

All I am saying is that you got the right people running the server otherwise this community would have gone the wayside years ago. As always, I know the admins and senior admins look at the suggestions and sometimes the suggestions come to fruition if...from a management perspective...it makes sense. Keep in mind, adding and removing maps to the rotation is only once piece of it. The Senior Admins need to look at the entire puzzle before adding another piece to the puzzle...if the piece doesn't fit the implications can be far and wide given the game's population is declining. 

Coming to a consensus is hard...just look at the US government ;)

• Grassy and Rubulator like this

#20 Rubulator

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

I like Shrouds voting idea. Bring in the involvement of the players. If they complain in game. send them to the website for their say. +1 SS 

• Hairy Russian Dude likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com