Photo

Game Freezes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bondmaster

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

BF1942 freezes when a new map loads. The game goes from full screen size to a reduced black screen. I have to kill the program via task manager and restart it. Also happens about 50 percent of the time when entering the server. Screenshot is attached.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

#2 Rubulator

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Any issues running other video intensive programs?

My first thoughts on what you describe is video card/drivers and then the application (BF1942) itself..

#3 dodgem

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:11 AM

Have you already done all of these?:

• Set 1942 shortcut for a different compatibility mode (XP)
  • Set 1942 shortcut to Run as Administrator
  • Re-run all-in-one patch

• Rubulator likes this

#4 bondmaster

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Dodgem: First off its good to see you again :)

1) Yes its running in XP mode

2) Yes its running as Administrator

3) Not sure about the all in one patch. I edited the host file to remove punkbuster and its running 1.61b. Do you have linkies for me???

I want to say its graphics too but its very hard to pinpoint. I think I have narrowed it down to blackscreen.exe but like I said i do not know for sure. 

• Rubulator likes this

#5 posi

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Add this line to host.

94.23.196.155 master.gamespy.com

OR

Download and run this to overwrite the .exe , also adds compatibility fix and resolutions.

http://team-simple.o...patch_v1.61.exe

• Rubulator likes this

#6 Colonel Tavington

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

I had to set my Compatibility mode to Windows NT Service Pack 5.  Your mileage may vary...

• Rubulator likes this

#7 bondmaster

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

I will need to try that. Still having the problem. It goes to window blackscreen mode every time the map changes. Super annoying. 

#8 posi

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

For curiosity sake, type services.msc and disable the windows audio endpoint  builder service.   

Test w/o sound.  

---

If it doesn't fail ,  disabling the fancy auto-jack plug in service and replacing the sound card driver might be in order.   I have found RealTek drivers are generally better from them and not from the mobo manufacturer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

--  Other thoughts are registry entries

CD / Abandonware or Origin ?

#9 bondmaster

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

I am using abondonware, but i do have my CD version somewhere around here :)

#10 bondmaster

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Update on this. I changed my resolution to 800 x 600 and its been problem free. I think the load screen, blackscreen.exe or the menu screen is 800x 600 and the game struggles when its changing resolutions during a map change. 

Does anyone know of a fix to make the entire game a certain resolution? I am all for ideas at this point. :P

#11 Rubulator

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

I run my display at 1920x1080... The game setting is set for 1024x768 I think... The game starts fine... map changes fine....

When I close the game my display is set for 1024x768 so I have to manually reset it to 1920... 

​You seem to have to do the reverse... Down set res to play... 

​I also have LED monitor settings that I play with to get it looking right for my eye... 

​There are a lot of variables for PC's... If your freezing I go back to my original post... Video related, maybe card... maybe drivers... Maybe just the ancient game and your system. 

​Dodge hit on the compatibility stuff... Windows interactions with video related issues can be a bear too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com