Photo

Can we do a Santa Land Event?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Rabid_Animal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi all,

It is that time of year again. Can we setup a time on Christmas Eve like around 3pm or 5pm EST time to do a nice Santaland and Moonieville Event. It would be great to see some old friends and new ones join in on the fun. Thanks for your consideration and reminiscing of the old times.

Rabid

PS If this is going to happen I will be sure to help out and post the links for the downloads. (I need them too after a OS full re install too lol)

#2 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

What a great idea !

Santa land and bombing sheeps ! Sooooooo funy !

HO HO HO Booooooooom !

#3 Grinch

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I have never seen nor heard of this, lets DO IT !!

#4 Harriet Tubman

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

would love the downloads anyways to check the maps out

#5 Rabid_Animal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

The Tubman looks mighty festive with the Christmas theme. Here are the links to check them out.

Santa Land is filled snow covered hills and mountains with sleighs and snow ball weapons. http://www.moongamer..._download&id=38

Sheeperdeen is a blast with powered sheep! http://www.moongamer...ds&showfile=322

And Moonieville is just a plain old crazy fun filled map! http://www.moongamer...ds&showfile=318

It would be awesome if we could do this with some turn out.

#6 mexican eskimo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hey, im up for them. And ill be around this holiday too. They are just fun maps to sit back and relax with.

This is stonehenge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YGo-Toq6QLk

fast forward to 2 min to link

#7 Grinch

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Will not allow me to download, my provider says, domain not allowed or something....

#8 Rabid_Animal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Will not allow me to download, my provider says, domain not allowed or something....

me 2 grinchy you are right.

#9 posi

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

I can't speak for the official link which will be repaired officially at some point.

And any link I might accidentally drop wouldn't be guaranteed to be the official version and will surely vanish when the official link becomes official again.

Risk takers carry on.

To install unzip and place Santaland folder into mods directory.

Typically one of these two paths

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods

Heads up.. these maps happen to be running on the

Moongamers Christmas CD/Or server.

Just an observation.

#10 mexican eskimo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

Posi, your file asks for permission to dl.

Link

Will work too, just download and then run installer.

#11 posi

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Posi, your file asks for permission to dl.

Link

Will work too, just download and then run installer.

ah good, a better link , lets test it I say ,,

I have passed what I have via x-fire, and have connected to the Christmas server with it.

#12 moist armpits

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

Loooooooooooooooooool i remember moonieville being totally epic!!

#13 posi

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

New Years ?

I have it installed.

#14 mexican eskimo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

fun fun fun.

put this in your mods folder if other link doesn't work.

#15 posi

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

Time limited I had hoped to get some screenshots or miniclips..

Hopefully elves can host the map once more and player installations continue.

#16 Harriet Tubman

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Definitely crazier than I expected. Candy Canes OP

#17 birney

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

Many thanks to Rabid animal for the reminder of this tradition Christmas event here at Moongamers. Thanks to both Posi and Mexican for the links and getting people to download them. Santaland/Stonehenge are currently being worked on with a view to run them sometime over Christmas/new year. If all goes well the download links will also be fixed. Please bear with us on this as people cant be here 24/7 and it is..well Christmas after all. If we are able to run them, we will. If not..well shit happens!

On a personal note a special thanks to Mexican Eskimo for posting the videos. It has been a long time since I have seen them despite actually making them lol. The rooftop scene in Santaland was clearly staged - all though trying to get ten people or more on a roof - was problematic to say the least lol. The end scene/sound bites in Stonehenge was not staged, I was lucking enough to record that as I had forgot to click 'do not record sound' in fraps. Some of the names in Santaland..Oh boy.. need to bring up a few of them in the 'Do you remember' thread.

To everyone reading this thread, especially the new names that origin have bought in thank you all for your support and I hope we get to see you in Santaland! Have a great Christmas peoples!!

#18 Grinch

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Nice, got it installed now, hope it comes up for some fun again in the next days!

Too busy yesterday and today, well , the morning is open !

#19 mexican eskimo

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:20 AM

We doing this this year?

I'll bring the tamales!

All the downloads posted above.

#20 Sgt. NoScope

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:49 AM

Hey Mex, we're currently doing our best, and although it's not a sure thing right now, we would love to keep this tradition going! Will keep you all posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com