Photo

CTF

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

How come CTF and objective mode seems to have disappeared from the server? I for one would love to see more of it played.

#2 shortY

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Yes, more CTF.

#3 mexican eskimo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

CTF can be fun on smaller pop with admin. With no admins people just sit there with their xpacks and it defeats entire purpose. With too many people they just sit in tanks in their garages.

#4 Sir Germinator de muerte

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Yes CTF Anzio :applaud:

#5 Project-Pat

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

I only seen it played when it is asked for from player to admin ... Other then that its just the same ol map cycle

#6 moist armpits

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

Honestly, maps should not be a problem on the server. The rotation was created so that all the players would get a map that they like. If players want a different map, they simply need enough people to request it. I am perfectly OK with running a CTF map, but generally, players don't want to play CTF. It's all about what the population wants. So if CTF hasnt been run a lot lately, it's simply because most people dont want CTF.

#7 shortY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Moist, lol come on.. You are completely against CTF. Most people don't want expansion maps played, but we do that anyway.
  • Harriet Tubman likes this

#8 moist armpits

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Moist, lol come on.. You are completely against CTF. Most people don't want expansion maps played, but we do that anyway.

I'm not....................................................................................................................................................................

#9 shortY

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Oh come on.. There's been many a time where CTF has been mentioned, and before anyone has the chance to type out a yes or no we get a "NO CTF" from Admin Moist Armpits.

Then a 60 minute Berlin or Stalin TDM will be setup for HT randomly as the next map before you make your exit for the night, lol. Even when it is CTF, we only ask for a simple 20 minute round! More soup please!

#10 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

CTF rules, please a CTF map after 4 conquest one..... and so on.

#11 Angerfist

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

C...T...what ?

#12 moist armpits

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Funny, because I ran CTF like 4 nights ago.....................................................................................................................

#13 King of the Squirrels

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

I like CTF maps. The problem is a lot of players do not. The important part is to keep fun in game and server population up. :cowdance: Players who want CTF maps and those who do not very everyday. I try and get a feeling for mood of the server before playing any CTF map. I like to play el al CTF when hillybilly :ph34r: is in. The on going battles for hilly's hill is always fun and both players who want ctf and those who not like ctf. I will run other ctf maps if server population will go for it.

It you play and ctf map and most of player do not want it. I have seen it lose sever population by 60 to 70 player loses. Patience is key and you get your ctf map when sever population supports it. :whippingsmiley:

#14 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well, I definitely don't ever agree with shorty. As he stated though, you shove the expacks down our throats... When only a handful still want them. I request CTF often, and it does get played when certain admins our on. Its understandable though, an admin doesn't want to babysit the server. Just hoping with the recent increase in new admins will allow it to be an option more often. I know how it all works, just stirring the pot once in a while

#15 Harriet Tubman

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

I like CTF maps. The problem is a lot of players do not. The important part is to keep fun in game and server population up. :cowdance: Players who want CTF maps and those who do not very everyday. I try and get a feeling for mood of the server before playing any CTF map. I like to play el al CTF when hillybilly :ph34r: is in. The on going battles for hilly's hill is always fun and both players who want ctf and those who not like ctf. I will run other ctf maps if server population will go for it.

It you play and ctf map and most of player do not want it. I have seen it lose sever population by 60 to 70 player loses. Patience is key and you get your ctf map when sever population supports it. :whippingsmiley:

haha thought I was the only one that liked fighting for hilly's hill

#16 King of the Squirrels

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well, I definitely don't ever agree with shorty. As he stated though, you shove the expacks down our throats... When only a handful still want them. I request CTF often, and it does get played when certain admins our on. Its understandable though, an admin doesn't want to babysit the server. Just hoping with the recent increase in new admins will allow it to be an option more often. I know how it all works, just stirring the pot once in a while

Moon is gaming community> I do not shovel any expacts down anyone throats on Sundays. I shovel expacts down everyone's throat everyday when ever I get a change to. :whippingsmiley: The community voted to play expansions. We try to meet the needs of our community. Moon may make changes to Sunday schedule to meet the demands of our community. Expansion packs are part of battlefield as well the over 250 mods like Deseret Combat, and over 25000 custom maps. I am hoping Moon is able to get mods server once again. But think of expansions as another map you may or may not like. I often play map i do like just to play. So come on and play! :D

#17 shortY

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Can the community re-vote expansion packs on Sundays?
  • LeftMouseShoot? and Harriet Tubman like this

#18 Grinch

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Seriously love the expacks, not sure how people do not like these maps, i guess they just cannot handle and never did like them.

#19 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Moist I'm not picking on you when I say this, quite frankly I do not remember which admins are guilty...
But I've generally seen requests get ignored for what an admin wants.

Player: "Lets do Berlin CQ"
Admin: "Great idea!"
*10 other players blurt requests, 3 or 4 all request bulge lets say*
Admin: "OK next map Berlin CQ"

... not listening to the majority vote. And those who do not voice their opinion in game cannot be spoken for (they do/do not want requested map).
As far as the comment on admins babysitting the server, thats their job. Don't like babysitting? Don't be an admin.

#20 Harriet Tubman

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

RTR feels like new maps with changes here and there, but secret weapons feels like a different game that I just can't get into. Not sure what time of day you guys say the server starts to fill up but playing some RTR maps with 40+ people would be fun. Looking now and seeing 15 though makes me sad.

BTW I have seen the flip side of that where votes were tallied and a map (bulge) was chosen, then near the end of that map votes were chosen again for the next map and the winner was berlin but the admin decided against that as people would complain about the map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com