Photo

Best 1942 Memory?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 gregefc

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well? Self-explanatory. What is your best memory from playing this game over the past 10+ years? Just pubbing? Match play? Modding? DC?

I guess I would have to say mine would be over the span of 4-5 months, way back when I had first joined =SoC=. Myself and two other clanmates would be up til 5 or 6 every morning on TS and our Philippines server doing all kinds of weird crap. Things like putting jeeps on PT boats and landing craft, propelling tanks up mountains and across almost impossible terrain, parasailing on PT boats, and transporting tanks across long distances of fairly shallow water with an engineer or two. We used to have screenshots of a lot of it but I think most of the files got corrupted on our server we hosted them on.

I also loved playing in all the competitions... but I most say the most fun I can remember having was actually the BFCL 5v5 infantry league with custom maps circa 2008 or so. There were definitely more competitive leagues, but BFCL was always a good time.

So... yours?

greg

#2 Grassy

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Wild-Diamonds playing matches..especially Team Revenant in a match at TWL 10 years ago and the the final score

Bocage: 60 - 60
Battle of Midway: 31 - 0
Kursk: 69 - 51

Tieing Bocage was one of the most intense matches ever..lol

Here is a link to our old match history, we took our beatings in the beginning and applied what we learned and took #1 spot on both ladders for over a year.

You will require a login to view this.

http://teamwarfare.c...a=Wild-Diamonds

Those were the days :)

#3 gregefc

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Wild-Diamonds playing matches..especially Team Revenant in a match at TWL 10 years ago and the the final score

Bocage: 60 - 60
Battle of Midway: 31 - 0
Kursk: 69 - 51

Tieing Bocage was one of the most intense matches ever..lol

Here is a link to our old match history, we took our beatings in the beginning and applied what we learned and took #1 spot on both ladders for over a year.

You will require a login to view this.

http://teamwarfare.c...a=Wild-Diamonds

Those were the days :)

Still have my old TWL login. :D

And yes, those were absolutely the days! I can remember a few matches coming down to the wire/tying like that. Everyone on TS basically yelling "HIDE! DONT DIE!". LOL

greg

#4 Grassy

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

:rofl: ..exactly HIDE Don't die..lol fond memories for sure!

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

If anyone remembers the *MAFIA* clan and their modded to hell server...
Once in awhile I would get the upper hand on one of their less skilled members and POOF!
The member only mods would come out and I'd spawndiespawndiespawndie the rest of the round.
Made me happy though that I, lacking any major skill, drove them to essentially cheat to beat me. :)

#6 Luose

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Storming Omaha beach TDM!

Oh the slog and the fun! 2700 tickets to plough through and many a time getting stuck on the 235 kills was it becasue the game wouldn't go any further than that lol, so having (before admin) to ask the admin in game to check what my score was.

I miss playing :(

#7 birney

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Storming Omaha beach TDM!

ohh yes and than some! Could play that map for hours and hours and very often did!!

A great thread Greg!!

#8 opus

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

I fondly remember my time in TLB, and particular the mornings.

We had a bunch of guys hooking up in the morning, around the same time for coffee and giggles.
We were called "The Morning Crew".
Posted Image

Yes.. we had a poster made.

All kinds of things could happen, you never knew...

Like when we modded a special camo for Wrinkledwarrior.
He was an eldery gentlemen, and loved to prone and shoot the enemy as they came about.
However he didn't hide very well, so we decided to solve this problem for him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good times..

I have many memories from this game, with different communities.
The BF1942 scene is a special one, as it has survived through so much.
It is still going strong because of the community, the people/players all giving something.

With the future games being released on Origin, Steam etc, the ability to get involved diminishes.
Less access to files, to mod, to create, to alter, to control the game.

But i will play BF42 as long as I breathe :)

/opus

#9 Section8

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

MoonGamers Server: Running up the short ramp with {OTC} Roddy on TDM 2700 Ticket Omaha and taking the middle flag.

Coming around a corner and meeting Birney and dancing like girly men trying to shoot each other only to have someone else do it for us.

Shank beach... nuff said.

First week in Omaha, Bullet BS says, "hey... section 8, stop!" Only to be shot in the head from his sniper rifle. (that boy is sharp as a bowling ball... fog horn leg horn)

BigD riding around in a jeep running people over on the beach in Omaha. Bastage!

Going against Hartley and Animal Mother on short ramp in Omaha as axis.

Being expact'd to death by Tambulance waiting in the short ramp bunker, finally sneaking up and knifing him and
watching his character make his way all the way to the beach with what I swear was a pissed off look and come after me. Ahh.... nothing like pissing people off in this game.

TWL:
Berlin Midnight: Best game of our lives that night. Jason Bourne and No Guts on right point. Hornet on left point. Stryper and myself guarding hotel and backing up Hornet. In the words of Gandolph the Grey... YOU... SHALL NOT PASS!"

Playing a group from Australia and have a 250 ping on their server.

Playing Anach in Stali and not being able to get out of our own base. In the South, we call this an ass whooping!

Moders Server: Having Chicken yell out, "Hey... Section 8!" which I would type, "Yes?" only to be knifed in the back with an intentional type kill. (I see a pattern here)

Getting in the aa gun on moders omaha which glitched when you hit "E" and put you under the middle flag, b4 being fixed, and shooting the Admin AUTO only to be told that not only would he ban me from the server if I did that again, he would ban me from the planet. (it was my first week in the game in '03 or '04 and was green as grass) Still think its funny though. (shame on you Section 8)

Edited by Section8, 14 August 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#10 Alvin Tostig

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

mr. phil

playing competitively with hYa. -as an infy only player for the first 2 years of playing, it was awe inspiring to play with some of the best match pilots and tankers in the game.

#11 CrazyMachine

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

TDM omaha. Getting middle flag alone by running around the trenches with the music on at the background.

Trying to get top flag on CQ Omaha Beach it was I believe. Having someone seen you going up there and chase you around the top area. Best hike and seek ever. :D

So many good moments. Best teamspeak moment would be Evil Len when he xpackes you.

#12 shortY

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Kanobi

#13 dodgem

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Jeep racing fest
The revival of D.C. at Moongamers
Mawa, SpeeD, Joker, Hyd and Kat
Omaha 2700
Omaha Suspended Plane Meatgrind

#14 birney

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

Omaha beach TDM - 2,700

Six, seven, eight people in a higgins steaming onto the beach, noob in steering seat. Ramp does not go down, nade gets thrown in.....

start again...

Seven people in a higgins steaming onto the beach ramp goes down
six people make it, I get shot...

start again...

One person in a higgins boat steaming onto the beach, put the ramp down, make it to first tank trap than do in impromptu impression of a kite as a defgun shell takes you out...

Start again...

Higgins boat, ramp, past the tank trap, running up the beach as a small dark round object comes out of a bunker. You watch as it curls towards you in a perfect arc, lands at your feet and...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, make it up to the middle of a ramp, enemy jeep hits you on its way down..

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac laying there..bugger!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, over the lip of the hill and 'Ohh Crap a tank'!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank. Down the stairs Mano-o-Mano machine gun fight...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, machine gun fight, to the middle flag. Lay down and..knifed.

It rhymes with clucking bell!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, one on one machine gun fight, to the middle flag, lay down, 2,697, 2,698, 2,699, 2,700, at long last its over! Two hours of fun-filled game play and we lost!!. Map resets..

Start again..

Bliss!!

==============

Coming around a corner and meeting Birney and dancing like girly men trying to shoot each other only to have someone else do it for us.

Guarding a important entry point for the enemy and having section8 come around the corner. Not quite understanding Why he was moving left to right and right to left in a girly way as if he was in a line dancing class. Watching his machine gun flail all over the place as the bullets went everywhere but where they where supposed to. Despite this apparition being steadfast in my duty, a rock no less, and popping him in the head with a couple of well aimed and well placed bullets.

lol

=============

Being in a tank and trying to blow the crap out of (admin)Nifty and not understanding why he was not going BOOM. Just to have a text come up saying "Birney I'm on your team"

What a noob!

===============

Getting in a plane parked just left of the runway in Bocage and hitting a tree as I tried to straighten it onto the runway. Not realizing that the tree had relatives who clearly held a grudge from than on in. Give me a fuel laden plane and I'll show you 'save the rainforest!"

!tree

===============

Sniping on Omaha beach and hearing Jason bourne give me kudos for kills. "Nice shot Birney", "Great shot Birney" Than hearing a 'spoken' command from right in my ear, in German. Just before the blade slips in from?

Damm you Jason Bourne!

================

In an admin v reg match hearing Noir tell her team to 'get Birney' before we even started. Me than asking our team to change ALL of their names to Birney.

=================

In our second Moongamers in-house team tournament. Hearing No guts no glory explain part of his tactics was to pick a great engi as his first choice of player, that player being Tambulance. Come draft time I get to pick ahead of No guts. Guess who I picked? just to screw him up!

Even noobs learn lol.

==================

Joining the moongamers TWL team and on our very first friendly match against Anarch having one of the Anarch guys sit in our teamspeak and offering us help and advice.

=================

Hearing X-double-x's reaction in TS when No guts mined his plane out of the sky while parachuting.

=================

Getting a headset and mic and coming into team speak for the first time ever and hearing an american female for the first time live.

Mrs doubtfire my ass lol!!

================

Getting people in TS to kneel by a flag for an 'artistic' video shot.

Than sniping them!!

=================

Scaring the crap out of new admins who did not know they where about to become admins with the words "We found something in the chat logs..."

=================

Many, MANY memories

Bf42community ...

Darn right!
  • Harriet Tubman likes this

#15 USHA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Most fun I have was being a member of the A-Team. We sure shook things up.

={A-7}=

A-1 Animal Mother
A-2 Jimmy Jammer
A-3 Beeker
A-4 Jason Bourne
A-5 Easy Company-Zero
A-6 Cam
A-7 USHA
A-8 Rabbit

#16 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Omaha beach TDM - 2,700

Six, seven, eight people in a higgins steaming onto the beach, noob in steering seat. Ramp does not go down, nade gets thrown in.....

start again...

Seven people in a higgins steaming onto the beach ramp goes down
six people make it, I get shot...

start again...

One person in a higgins boat steaming onto the beach, put the ramp down, make it to first tank trap than do in impromptu impression of a kite as a defgun shell takes you out...

Start again...

Higgins boat, ramp, past the tank trap, running up the beach as a small dark round object comes out of a bunker. You watch as it curls towards you in a perfect arc, lands at your feet and...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, make it up to the middle of a ramp, enemy jeep hits you on its way down..

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac laying there..bugger!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, over the lip of the hill and 'Ohh Crap a tank'!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank. Down the stairs Mano-o-Mano machine gun fight...

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, machine gun fight, to the middle flag. Lay down and..knifed.

It rhymes with clucking bell!!

Start again...

Higgins, ramp, tank trap, nade, jeep, top of long ramp, expac, tank, one on one machine gun fight, to the middle flag, lay down, 2,697, 2,698, 2,699, 2,700, at long last its over! Two hours of fun-filled game play and we lost!!. Map resets..

Start again..

Bliss!!

==============

Guarding a important entry point for the enemy and having section8 come around the corner. Not quite understanding Why he was moving left to right and right to left in a girly way as if he was in a line dancing class. Watching his machine gun flail all over the place as the bullets went everywhere but where they where supposed to. Despite this apparition being steadfast in my duty, a rock no less, and popping him in the head with a couple of well aimed and well placed bullets.

lol

=============

Being in a tank and trying to blow the crap out of (admin)Nifty and not understanding why he was not going BOOM. Just to have a text come up saying "Birney I'm on your team"

What a noob!

===============

Getting in a plane parked just left of the runway in Bocage and hitting a tree as I tried to straighten it onto the runway. Not realizing that the tree had relatives who clearly held a grudge from than on in. Give me a fuel laden plane and I'll show you 'save the rainforest!"

!tree

===============

Sniping on Omaha beach and hearing Jason bourne give me kudos for kills. "Nice shot Birney", "Great shot Birney" Than hearing a 'spoken' command from right in my ear, in German. Just before the blade slips in from?

Damm you Jason Bourne!

================

In an admin v reg match hearing Noir tell her team to 'get Birney' before we even started. Me than asking our team to change ALL of their names to Birney.

=================

In our second Moongamers in-house team tournament. Hearing No guts no glory explain part of his tactics was to pick a great engi as his first choice of player, that player being Tambulance. Come draft time I get to pick ahead of No guts. Guess who I picked? just to screw him up!

Even noobs learn lol.

==================

Joining the moongamers TWL team and on our very first friendly match against Anarch having one of the Anarch guys sit in our teamspeak and offering us help and advice.

=================

Hearing X-double-x's reaction in TS when No guts mined his plane out of the sky while parachuting.

=================

Getting a headset and mic and coming into team speak for the first time ever and hearing an american female for the first time live.

Mrs doubtfire my ass lol!!

================

Getting people in TS to kneel by a flag for an 'artistic' video shot.

Than sniping them!!

=================

Scaring the crap out of new admins who did not know they where about to become admins with the words "We found something in the chat logs..."

=================

Many, MANY memories

Bf42community ...

Darn right!

LOL x 1000000000000

Coudnt stop laughing !!

I just can´t forget my first time playing 1942 in Battle Britain DEMO, no idea on what server but for sure was an EA one. I had no clue on what I was participating but was instant fun, to drive a tank ! fly a plane ! master a shipp ! be an infantary and act noobish as many others...... laughs laughs laugs....

I remember once in Husky, late at night, about 9 players in and we start to fool arround, I had this friend FALKE, great pilot (he was from spanish airforce for real) he teached me a lot about dogfight moves, that ive forgot many. He started to snipe me, again and again, I was like crazy trying to find him on hils when i just fall down ive almost killed me but... landed a yard behind FALKE, so started to chat with him: man you are great, you are so better than me, i will never found you..... then he sarcastic stated "see you will be always snipeed by me now".... KNIFED him !

men he was like crazy and for some weeks mad at me, but after all we continue friends for some time.

#17 Hornet

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

MoonGamers Server:
TWL: Berlin Midnight: Best game of our lives that night. Jason Bourne and No Guts on right point. Hornet on left point. Stryper and myself guarding hotel and backing up Hornet. In the words of Gandolph the Grey... YOU... SHALL NOT PASS!"

TWL: Playing a group from Australia and have a 250 ping on their server.

TWL: Playing Anach in Stali and not being able to get out of our own base. In the South, we call this an ass whooping!

Those TWL/SOV matches were oodles of fun. Regarding your other mentions, nothing gave me greater joy than hitting Bullet while he was sniping with a rocket from the top of long ramp. He'd always sit in the exact same spot. BigD running people down on the beach was great, but he learned it from the best of the best, evil len. Len's cackle in teamspeak made everyone's day while he was calling out the turkeys on the beach.

Shank beach was always fun, and it usually boiled down to a competition between myself and X-Double-X. Of course, I ultimately won all of those :P.

I have to think though that my favorite moment of all time on BF1942 was seeing dodgem getting killed by kantor. For frame of reference, kantor was this player who frequented the Omaha TDM server several years back. He would do the same thing constantly. He would run in a straight line up Omaha Beach with a rocket launcher, and die. He died extremely frequently, and was not very accurate when he fired shots off. Dodgem, meanwhile, was a very good circle sniper at the time. I'd put him up there with Dave Schmidt, RockyTop, and the other greats of the time. One day, kantor was running up the beach as usual, and somehow landed a killshot on dodgem with his rockets. The sheer unlikeliness of that event made it so amazing that it instantly became legendary. !rock dodgem :P

Also, Alvin, hYa was great and all, but let's be honest here, Tiny was not among the best tankers in the game :)

#18 Alvin Tostig

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

Also, Alvin, hYa was great and all, but let's be honest here, Tiny was not among the best tankers in the game :)

if you count a jeep as a "tank", then yeah, tiny was damn good.
smokey, think and mk were beasts in a tank.

#19 Rapid Fire

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

The amazing coop story

Bullet- "Wow these guys are easy to snipe!"

Me *Knifes Bullet in the face*- "Bullet, this is a coop server"

Silence falls into teamspeak. Then laughter takes over from all 15 people in it.

On Bocage, I was shot down but managed to bail out. Damn flak
Anywho, I saw Birney driving his jeep down the mountain, so I told him to stop and come kill me.
He drove on up, jumped out to take his sweet time to kill me.
So I killed him instead and stole his jeep.

#20 dodgem

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have to think though that my favorite moment of all time on BF1942 was seeing dodgem getting killed by kantor. For frame of reference, kantor was this player who frequented the Omaha TDM server several years back. He would do the same thing constantly. He would run in a straight line up Omaha Beach with a rocket launcher, and die. He died extremely frequently, and was not very accurate when he fired shots off. Dodgem, meanwhile, was a very good circle sniper at the time. I'd put him up there with Dave Schmidt, RockyTop, and the other greats of the time. One day, kantor was running up the beach as usual, and somehow landed a killshot on dodgem with his rockets. The sheer unlikeliness of that event made it so amazing that it instantly became legendary. !rock dodgem :P

If a kantor shoots and kills a dodgem in the woods and nobody but Hornet is around to witness it, did it really happen?

More context: I was sniping from centre flag on Omaha and Kantor shot me from the Higgins with the ammo box on the beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com