Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

From kanthurr's collection

#42 posi

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

You we're in that video before 'Super Secret' -=Trooper=-

#43 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

You we're in that video before 'Super Secret' -=Trooper=-

I was dancing the "void sniper bullets" song...

#44 no guts no glory

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

killing birney,pigpen and section8

#45 gensolo

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:55 AM

Most of my best memories aren't from necessarily in-game, but from in TS. The amount of fun we had on Friday Night Meatgrinds, mod nights, or just any normal night was truly amazing. People who don't play games still don't understand how playing with a bunch of people you don't is fun. But just like in the actual world you get to know them, and you can make some really good friends just by playing games together.

I will say that I am proud to be able to say that I was part of the group of people who did the DC revival. We had so many amazing Wednesday nights in both TS and in-game, and then when it became populated constantly was truly awesome. Watch this video that Birney made years ago for an idea of how much fun we had: http://www.dailymoti...mbat_shortfilms

I am also grateful to the Seniors and Core for giving me the spot of Event Coordinator. It was tons of fun setting up the events and deciding what we would play, but to be able to hear not only Moonies in our TS having fun but visitors from other communities...that was cool. September is on it's way and a few years ago that meant Pirate night. A night in which we would all get into TS and act like a bunch of fools all yelling "Arrrr" and "Ye be stealing me booty".

It's never been about the game really, it's about the experiences we've shared with others and the friends we've made along the way. That's MoonGamers for you.

#46 no guts no glory

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

moongamers twl team planning strats with rapid fire and others never could find that ace pilot.
watching styper tk hornet like ten times in a match some how won the match.*

#47 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I will say that I am proud to be able to say that I was part of the group of people who did the DC revival. We had so many amazing Wednesday nights in both TS and in-game, and then when it became populated constantly was truly awesome. Watch this video that Birney made years ago for an idea of how much fun we had: http://www.dailymoti...mbat_shortfilms

Thank you, soo many good memories from DC

#48 Hornet

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

watching styper tk hornet like ten times in a match some how won the match.*

I could have sworn it was at least 15... :)

#49 Big Chief

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

I played on this server back in the day, mostly pure Omaha, and alot of my favorite BF1942 memories come from those times. I used to play as a Medic, always, normally on the German side. But being a medic wasn't just about the MP40, I would run about and heal my team-mates, I just felt like that was my thing, sort of, haha. I wasn't too great at 1942 back then, I still ain't, but I felt that one great way to make a difference in the battle was to keep my team-mates alive, considering I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my MP40 and my grenades more often killed friendly's than enemies.

I remember the pure Omaha nights as incredibly entertaining. This server has always been populated by great people, and whenever I got on, there was such an awesome sense of community. I heard that EA was killing the master-servers, but I figured out how to access servers despite their efforts to kill BF1942. I'm glad I did, too, and I was immensely glad to see MoonGamers still up and running.

I go by Big Chief on 1942 nowadays, maybe you'll see me on the battlefield sometime. If you see somebody spraying an MP40 and hitting absolutely everything except for his opponent, chances are, it'll be me. :wasnt-me:

#50 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

several years ago on the mostly omaha sever. i always felt omaha separated the men from the boys. its a fantastic map and its heart breaking to see people complain about it now. i wasnt that good,but i had such fun during those nights.nothing but omaha over and over again. loved it.
  • mattybeast likes this

#51 RockyTop

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

One group of monies was called the Zook-patrol - yet for the life of me I cant remeber who was in it. Anyone?

I know I have an old screenshot of them, but my BF1942 screenshots seem to all be corrupted. All I see in them is a black screen :(.

Here's who wore the tag at some point:

TINY GROSE
RockyTop
Dave Schmidtt
Jason Bourne
Hornet
Bonds...steriod bonds
X-Double-X
Rapid Fire
waub
MacGyver
Hammer
STRYPER
Sagittarii
Mark Parsons

SMOKER, Death Trap, Alvin Tostig, otto, Sonic Crusader/Rev, Kearsarge, Brett's Medic/Kanine Krunchie and probably RedSox as well.

#52 RockyTop

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:03 PM

I smurfed under the name "FunBags" on TDM once and made it my mission to ruin BulletBS's game. He was in TS and I just kept killing him repeatedly with a sniper rifle. I would kill him and he'd say "Who the F is FunBags!?", "GD FunBags!", "Damnit FunBags got me again". Finally I snuck down on the beach and knifed him in the face. I felt so bad for picking on him that game that I changed my name in-game near the end and revealed who I was in TS. He swore his revenge on me that day. :)

-Zookfests
-Meat Grinder
-Para Omaha
-Playing all night on Omaha CQ on Friday nights while drinking far too much Coca Cola. I think one time I literally played 10 games in a row early into Saturday morning. I remember because the server used to be set to play 10 rounds before it would reset. I was playing with an English friend who went to sleep and woke up to find me still on the server. Talk about an obsession.
-Hanging out at the top flag. Climbing the roof and hiding in the chimney. Standing on lamp posts. Hunting the Ally who was lucky enough to make it past the bunkers. Stealing the Allies' jeep. Hill Trick. "Infinite" Zook glitch.
-Ghetto Berlin and learning from all the REALLY good infantry players that used to play there.
-Trying to keep up with BrEEd/Pavane aka Alvin Tostig in sniping
-Modeling how I played engineer after Wolf Blitzer
-Getting killed by Jason Bourne time after time storming the bunkers on Omaha
-Prone Pushing noob snipers around in the bunkers
-Killing BIRNEY
-Feeling a sense of community and having legitimate online friends on MoonGamers
-Trying my hardest to be one of the players everyone wanted to hunt and kill
  • Alvin Tostig likes this

#53 Hammer

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

One group of monies was called the Zook-patrol - yet for the life of me I cant remeber who was in it. Anyone?

I know I have an old screenshot of them, but my BF1942 screenshots seem to all be corrupted. All I see in them is a black screen :(.

Here's who wore the tag at some point:

TINY GROSE
RockyTop
Dave Schmidtt
Jason Bourne
Hornet
Bonds...steriod bonds
X-Double-X
Rapid Fire
waub
MacGyver
Hammer
STRYPER
Sagittarii
Mark Parsons

SMOKER, Death Trap, Alvin Tostig, otto, Sonic Crusader/Rev, Kearsarge, Brett's Medic/Kanine Krunchie and probably RedSox as well.

So many names I haven't seen in years.. I enjoyed every minute of Moongamers CQ, from player to reg to admin, it was incredible. Some of the best were the early weekend mornings when older players like Der_Lestige_Lurge or however you spelled it was on and owning everyone.

Also, every time I killed RockyTop or BIRNEY was amazing.

!otto

#54 Enforcer

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

A great thread. It reminds me of why Moongamers was created in the first place. I was told to piss off by another communities' admin and really got pissed about it and here we are, some ten years later still offering gaming, and still on the teamspeak and forums. True, not as much as the gaming environment changed. I have had some really good people that I would call friends, do some really strange things and leave the community in a huff. And then there have been people that have been here for the ten years we have been around. Youngsters that have grown from being a pain in the ass young teen to now, a college student with a degree going on about life. We have lost some members due to circumstance, age, and whatnot and that made us confront mortality even within the gaming ranks. In watching some of the posted videos, I don't even recognize some of the admin names. But, I do know this..I am very proud of what Moongamers became at our height, and still is. I am so very pleased that some people on Moongamers made friends for life, just playing these online games and we were, indirectly, responsible. Hell, we even had a wedding or two as a result of the people meeting, getting to know each other and then, running off together as a result of the Moongamers teamspeak channels. And turns out the three power hungry, tripping founders did NOT take over Moongamers and form a dictatorship.

Every year I ask Lin, shall we continue with this or has Moongamers run its course. Should we shutter the name and let people go and do elsewhere as it seems to get harder and harder to pull finances in from our members to support the cause. But, we manage to do it, month to month. And every year, Lin convinces me not to pull the plug but, to keep on moving forward and let's see how long it lasts.

For me the fondest of memories are still of Omaha beach. I would chuckle to myself each and every time I would get a "Grrrrr" out of Lin from blowing up her little jeep with a defgun either as it sits in the spawn, or as it crested the hill. The satisfaction of getting a "hit" icon once the shot hit the Fletcher and you knew you were chasing him off, or if it was beached, just going to sink it. The thrill of getting up the short ramp, sneaking around to the bunker, grabbing the modded rifle and plinking off the snipers as they hid in the trenches and them not having a clue from where they got killed from. And playing hide and seek while at the upper flag as Allied with an angry, just killed sniper hunting you down. Omaha beach, just a wonderful map with so many hours of fun. And then there is always the frustration of being killed by USHA with that damn .50 sniper rifle he would find in every DC map we played..

Thanks everyone for making Moongamers a success, each of you in your own way.

#55 dodgem

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

Lin convinces me not to pull the plug but,

Definitely stumbled reading this sentence. Had to go back and read it a couple more times....slowly.

-Playing all night on Omaha CQ on Friday nights while drinking far too much Coca Cola. I think one time I literally played 10 games in a row early into Saturday morning. I remember because the server used to be set to play 10 rounds before it would reset. I was playing with an English friend who went to sleep and woke up

Christ! People die from doing that kinda thing. You crazy bastard! I think the most I ever did was 3 rounds and at that point my fingers were aching for a rest.

One of my more personal favourite memories was getting over 255 kills on Omaha TDM using only a pistol and knife (no grenades even), predominantly as allied. That would probably be my greatest BF1942 achievement as well. I had been used to a 115-125 ping previously and this was about a week after I had moved temporarily to elsewhere in the UK and my ping dropped to 90-100. It felt INCREDIBLE and I felt invincible.

#56 RockyTop

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

-Playing all night on Omaha CQ on Friday nights while drinking far too much Coca Cola. I think one time I literally played 10 games in a row early into Saturday morning. I remember because the server used to be set to play 10 rounds before it would reset. I was playing with an English friend who went to sleep and woke up

Christ! People die from doing that kinda thing. You crazy bastard! I think the most I ever did was 3 rounds and at that point my fingers were aching for a rest.

I was young and invincable. :) It was at a point where I absolutely couldn't get enough of the game. I would come home and play for hours after school and skip homework or anything else because I loved it so much. My dad would say "They didn't even spend that much time fighting the real war!", hahaha.

#57 Grinch

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

several years ago on the mostly omaha sever. i always felt omaha separated the men from the boys. its a fantastic map and its heart breaking to see people complain about it now. i wasnt that good,but i had such fun during those nights.nothing but omaha over and over again. loved it.

I do not see how you cannot understand, Omaha is the LEAST likely map for ALLIES to win, the people left playing are ALL quite good, (well usually)

I would say BETTER than years ago, and a lack of noobs means a lack of chance to get uptop,

Face it, if AXIS plays smart, and well at all, ALLIES NEVER EVERRRRR have a chance to even grey the bottom flag.

Only Axis falling asleep allows anyone to pass at all,

:wasnt-me:

#58 moist armpits

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

I do not see how you cannot understand, Omaha is the LEAST likely map for ALLIES to win, the people left playing are ALL quite good, (well usually)

I would say BETTER than years ago, and a lack of noobs means a lack of chance to get uptop,

Face it, if AXIS plays smart, and well at all, ALLIES NEVER EVERRRRR have a chance to even grey the bottom flag.

If the allies have good players, they can easily win. It's funny, Thor still owns on this map.
Personally, I still think this is the best map. All of the best times I've had playing this game usually come from Omaha. Nothing like taking that middle flag. Requires so much teamwork, I think that's why a lot of people like it.

#59 Slim John (FIN)

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

If the allies have good players, they can easily win. It's funny, Thor still owns on this map.
Personally, I still think this is the best map. All of the best times I've had playing this game usually come from Omaha. Nothing like taking that middle flag. Requires so much teamwork, I think that's why a lot of people like it.

Yes. I remember lots of omahafun when allied had superb teamwork and axis were in total panic in middle flag. Also one tactic is going sneaky in upper flag VIA jeep :) (Some players are good in that). One thing is that sometimes allied has too many snipers and then allied dont really have a chance. When the beach flag is secured then its all about storming in middle without mercy! :)

#60 Grinch

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

Both of your memories are clogged badly, I repeat again, if properly defended allies will NEVER win, the map PERIOD, it is an actual impossibility to say the least.

And Thor owning, you mean by throwing tons of nades from the bottom and never taking the flag, even whilst axis players have fallen asleep due to the fact allies did not gray the flag for 40 minutes....

LoL if smart axis and good players defending, you could have all the best infy EVER on Allies, an entire 32 players of the best ever, they have got NO CHANCE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com