Photo

Best 1942 Memory?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 RockyTop

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

Both of your memories are clogged badly, I repeat again, if properly defended allies will NEVER win, the map PERIOD, it is an actual impossibility to say the least.

And Thor owning, you mean by throwing tons of nades from the bottom and never taking the flag, even whilst axis players have fallen asleep due to the fact allies did not gray the flag for 40 minutes....

LoL if smart axis and good players defending, you could have all the best infy EVER on Allies, an entire 32 players of the best ever, they have got NO CHANCE.

Allies could win but with a good Axis defense (meaning Defguns and tankers who knew what they were doing) it would only happen about 15% of the time. It wasn't an impossibility like you want to say it was. Just extremely difficult and required good coordination and communication among the allied team. You talking trash about Thor just shows that you don't fully know what you are talking about.

#62 xdoublex

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

It would be a blast to get some of the old timers back together for one last match! So many great memories with you guys!

#63 xdoublex

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Would like another knife match against Hornet! The late night Teamspeak chats, the twl matches, DC, Flight school..list goes on and on!

#64 sidewinder

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

*swoops in from out of nowhere*

One group of monies was called the Zook-patrol - yet for the life of me I cant remeber who was in it. Anyone?

I know I have an old screenshot of them, but my BF1942 screenshots seem to all be corrupted. All I see in them is a black screen :(.

Here's who wore the tag at some point:

TINY GROSE
RockyTop
Dave Schmidtt
Jason Bourne
Hornet
Bonds...steriod bonds
X-Double-X
Rapid Fire
waub
MacGyver
Hammer
STRYPER
Sagittarii
Mark Parsons

SMOKER, Death Trap, Alvin Tostig, otto, Sonic Crusader/Rev, Kearsarge, Brett's Medic/Kanine Krunchie and probably RedSox as well.

No love for me! And it was more like [z00k paTroL] as I recall. I used to have some video of us goofing off, but I don't remember what happened to it.

#65 STRYPER

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

watching styper tk hornet like ten times in a match some how won the match.*

I could have sworn it was at least 15... :)

It was 3... maybe 4 times max. A couple were me killing an enemy with a nade too you know.

Besides... we won. Strategy=Flawless

#66 Renlist

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

Here's a memory. Back when BF1942 was new, playing El Alemein was worthwhile. If you couldn't fly a plane that well, you drove a tank or a jeep to cap a flag.

It was fun back when it was new.

Now that map is a dufus joke. Players leave it in droves when it comes around.

Pilot types say it's still fun. Fun now as in how? Bailing out at a flag noone cares about?

It was a cool map when the game first came out. Teams cared about capping flags.

#67 Angerfist

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

I might be the only one, but I still enjoy it.

And somehow I manage to get some nice results using Panzer IV to kill campers, take flags and shoot down planes.

But this map is definitely nicer if I have airsupport...

calling f2f5 to Javo, Twilight and all the other flyboys ! Gimme airsupport bi****s !!

#68 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

I might be the only one, but I still enjoy it.

And somehow I manage to get some nice results using Panzer IV to kill campers, take flags and shoot down planes.

But this map is definitely nicer if I have airsupport...

calling f2f5 to Javo, Twilight and all the other flyboys ! Gimme airsupport bi****s !!

ROGER THAT !

#69 Wasabi®

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:15 PM

I miss Omaha TDM.

As Axis, sniping and going 100-0 easily, storming the beach, pinpoint bombing with the defgun, swimming to the ship and killing Allied snipers from off shore...patrolling the garrison area to make sure sneaky Allies didn't make it up there...going 540-100 over the course of something like 8 hours...

As Allied trying desperately to get the middle...successfully storming the bunkers and graying the flag only to get blasted by the Panzer or a nade...piloting the Fletcher and trying to pixel the defguns & tanks...getting behind enemy lines and hiding around near the houses in the back, waiting for the perfect opportunity to go for the back flag...practicing climbing the hill next to the defgun on the left side viewed from the beach (this accounted for probably 50% of my flag caps in the back)

Those days were simpler.

#70 Jason Bourne

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:55 PM

Lin and I beating on Bourne until Mike finally broke down and got a microphone.

Dave

Damn you for that.

-Becoming a reg, then a junior admin, admin, and even a senior for a time.
-Corollary: Catching my first hacker.
-Corollary to the corollary: Being called a hacker (a true honor).
-Meat grind. Nuff said.
--Going from getting absolutely wrecked by players like Comet, Breed, and Sonic Crusader to eventually being able to go toe-to-toe with them.
-Making it to enemy airfields for infantry combat after getting killed repeatedly by fly-boys. Hog heaven for a ground pounder.
-Accidentally kicking Thor while he was going wild on Market Garden in 1st place (I think I was ~3rd), and having enough time to go "Shit" before I too was booted.
-I did this with a few people, but I'll never forget sidling up beside Bullet on Bocage, giving him tips on aim, and then knifing him in the back of the head.
-Playing a full 2700 ticket game start to finish trying to get as high a score as possible. I did horrible, unspeakable things (I will point out I did not nade spam).
-Taking and defending the middle flag on Omaha

-A-Team 4 life.

--TWL team gets kudos as well. I remember that Midnight Berlin game against- DRX wasn't it?- as well. Good times.
-Knifing Lin. I think I just got a bit of a chub thinking about it...Sandwiches all around.
-Getting insulted on MG servers that I was being a lag-fiend by unnamed Euro players, and donning a new alias and going on Euro servers and beating the hell out of them. In fairness, once your ping hits single digits you could actually see the bullets in flight Matrix-style.
-Euro gamers! To name a few, Zero, Birney, Luose (left4dead, anyone?), and Dodgem; I got along famously with the lot of them despite them having the distinct handicap of being from the UK.
-And, in general, players like No Guts, Hornet, JJ, Animal Mother, Beeker, ...Heck, I can't start naming people. That would be a long, long list.
--Playing for hours on end and staying up into the wee hours of the morning in TS with those people thanks in no small part to the aforementioned damned person.

-Feeling a sense of community and having legitimate online friends on MoonGamers

I'll second that wholeheartedly. This community remains near and dear to my heart.

It's the reason I keep =MG= in my Steam name. And, to those who don't or haven't, add me.

#71 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

#72 JJ

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Lin and I beating on Bourne until Mike finally broke down and got a microphone.

Dave

Damn you for that.

--Playing for hours on end and staying up into the wee hours of the morning in TS with those people thanks in no small part to the aforementioned damned person.

Oh Mike, now I am an aforementioned damned person... tisk, tisk, tisk. If I remember correctly you had one of those weird stand alone mic's. You know the phallic style. My man Mike! Hope all is well.

Dave

#73 RockyTop

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

Bump for more input. Sorry ladies and gents...I'm nostalgia-ing really hard tonight.

#74 mexican eskimo

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

When the enemy team could kill me more often than my own team.

• Angerfist likes this

#75 Angerfist

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

When the enemy team could kill me more often than my own team.

Will you marry me ?

#76 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:54 AM

From kanthurr's collection

Oh... The good old times :)

#77 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Whenever Trooper gets shot down.  :music-smiley-008:

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#78 Hammer

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

Bump.

Zooking RockyTop when he would camp in the Panzer on CQ. 

So satisfying. Miss those days. 

!moonrocks

#79 dodgem

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:01 AM

Hammer!

Come back and play with us :)

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com