Photo

Community hunting lodge

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

Do you guys think it would be worth the time to make a community hunting base? The area I know of always spawns animals.

#2 Enforcer

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

sure, as long as the hunting base, has a fire barrel, and a shed.  What else would you need to kill game, cook game, and possible store game?

#3 TomKnollRFV

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

I'll help with this one; we should maybe get a few sand bags in to provide cover from the inevitable Random AI too.

#4 Christopher

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

I was thinking we can make a small shack with lights and a fire barrel and a few basic hunting weapons, such as cz550s and lee engfields.
I can use my toilet paper to make an out house. I was also thinking about putting a couple deer stands on for ai and use a stick fence around it to keep the zombies out and make it look good.

#5 TomKnollRFV

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

I'm down with this idea. Maybe if we scrounge up an obsidian we can put in a water barrel too.

#6 Christopher

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

I have a few spare ones.
I should've on within an hour to show you where.

#7 Lin

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

I have gems of every flavor, hit me up if you're building anything for the community.

#8 birney

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:39 AM

Tonight I flew to Bobs base to give him a bucket of mortar.En route somehow a discussion took place within ts about a community meeting place within the map. A place where we or any player can go to to meet other players relax and chat. A bar was touched upon, but given the hunting lodge idea perhaps we can combine the two. It would of course be and if this is possible a 'safe area' by that I mean no AI etc. The hunting lodge idea is brilliant, add a bar to it and a safe area and we may have ourselves a great little area. I have 1 topaz and I believe an errr ummm red one of some sorts.

I do not know if any server wipe is going to happen, and even if I did know I could not tell you. one way or another though we get to see if it would work?

#9 TomKnollRFV

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

The problem Birney is he wants to put the hunting lodge in a waaay far out position. Which makes sense for hunting, where as I think for your idea; it would be better to have it mid map. <Though I don't believe any of you with your hunting luck. I can't even sit there at Smegga Mart and get food.>

#10 Christopher

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

I found a place in the south east of the map that would work too.

#11 TomKnollRFV

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

Mark it up, I can come help if you wanna do it up :)

#12 Christopher

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

I'm scouting for a spot. I am planing on making the lodge out of wood and use some rubies for decoration.

#13 TomKnollRFV

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

Chris I totally forgot a spot that might be -awesome-... Green Mountain. Its that radar/radio place, huge place to walk around at the top you can see a HUGE part of the map from. Other then random AI, I've never seen a mission pop down at it either. Easy enough to block off from zombies. It would be alot of fun to have community meets with a dozen people standing on the walk way chatting, watching Chernarus and all. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly <IE; stand in there for an hour or two> to check how oft AI pop, and where, but it's certainly beautiful, it's not -that- bad to drive up to from the coast either, and it's on the quieter part of the map.

#14 Christopher

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

Green mountain spawns plenty of zombies and AI

#15 Lin

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

A couple of us used to have a shack on the coast, but I ended up fishing way more than hunting, and I stopped using it. Besides, it wasn't terribly convenient for me to get to, it was a little drive. And a while back it seems the animal spawning changed, they used to spawn way more than they seem to now.

I commend you guys for wanting to do this. Community stuff has gone up since the server started. Miller's Fuel and Food was the first, Cpt Miller was the one who started making the fuel stops. They simplified with the decay being turned on and are now just crates, but he had built some "zed stops" into the first set of fuel stations. The community fuel stations at the major airfields were next, followed by the one in Stary. Sgt Barret and I built a set of beginning apartments in Stary, those got used and then we lost track of who was where, and players left. Those ended up coming down. Corpse built an opulent (back in the day where we didn't watch the FPS as much) coastal apartment/garage building that I don't believe was ever used. Decay brought it down. The community fishing point south of Komarovo is still there and in use.

I would just recommend one thing: less is more. We still watch the FPS, so large wooden or cinder buildings will bring it down. Build only what is needed.

And Tom, I will get with you this week and show you ways to hide your plot pole. Having to stay vigilant over what you build really sucks and should not have to happen.

#16 Christopher

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

I plan on making it north west of starry

#17 Christopher

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:15 PM

Well I finished the hunting lodge for the most part, still lots of tweaking to be done. It is stocked full of food and medical gear and it also has a few hunting rifles. You can find it about a thousand meters north of green mountain next to a pond, there should be a silver hawk parked by it.

#18 SgtBarrett

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Wheres the pics?  I can't see it!!!  Waaaa!!!  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com