Photo

My things are gone (again)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dietrich

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

After coming home from missouri, I hoped on and my chinook and suv (both completely full of building materials, cinder walls, wood/metal floors, etc) were missing. I was talking to enforcer, He first mentioned that it may have been due to the fact that i was absent for a number of weeks, well that would have meant that if it were decay then a number of other vehcicles would have been deleted before them. (concidering that they were the last thing to be moved) So he then mentions that a player may have blown them up, this being a PVE server I would assume for there to be insurance of sorts against this. If not then maybe PVE isnt an option for me since i would be okay with this answer if it were a PVP server. The final thing he said before giving me 10 breifs was that "its dayz, it is unstable". Which as we all know is completely true. So with the 10 briefs I replace the suv and chinook (still missing 50 briefs worth of materials) and go on about my business. Log on today and AWESOME! the suv and chinook are missing again.

#2 Lin

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

I will go through the logs tonight when I get home. If you are in TS I will work with you on your stuff.

If you do not have any of the 400 slot storage sheds, I would strongly suggest getting some made. AI loves blowing up owned vehicles, especially when there is inventory in them. I have had several of mine blown up IN MY BASE at Stary. My cinder and metal ceiling base. they glitch right through and blow crap up, so I do not store anything in my vehicles that I am not prepared to lose.

We have been making this recommendation (using storage sheds vs vehicles for storage) for quite some time now. Sheds are fast and cheap to make so you can put up some temporaries behind locked doors to get started, and then delete and put in perm ones once your base is built to your satisfaction.

#3 Edamame

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

You might try putting wooden benches in the area where they are glitching through. I had a problem with one corner at my Vybor base with AI. I put up three benches and it stopped them. I watched one day. The AI would attempt to glitch through at that spot but would rubber band back outside my wall. It could be a coincidence but it did seem to solve the problem at my base.

#4 Enforcer

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

Ya know Dietrich, I took out the briefcases out of my own stash of cash, to help you out given that I am an admin and founder of this community, I feel a certain sense of obligation to the players of the servers, in which I indirectly offer under the Moongamers name.

You came back after a six week hiatus, to find two of your vehicles missing with one of them containing many building supplies.

I offered you some reasons why they are missing. I lost a police car and a URAL way back in the beginning of the start of the game. I don't know why or how. I thought, that is strange and sucks at the same time, and just as quickly, thought that is part of the game back to looking for stuff again to replace the things that were in both vehicles. I lost a blackhawk a couple of weeks ago. It was sitting on a dock behind locked walls at my base. I do not have a problem with AI. They don't come back to my dock base, not even when I was fabricating. So, what happened to it. I have no idea. I looked in the database and the damage was recorded as "1". Totally destroyed. Why? How? Who the hell knows. So, I replaced it, and kept moving on.

Could the vehicles have despawned, while others did not? Sure they could have. Could a player, even on a PVE server, get bored one night at 0400 and blow up a couple of vehicles that have not moved in a month. Sure they could have. Insurance? What insurance to we provide against a smacktard. If we can determine it was indeed a player responsible, then sure..we'll help a person out. If we cannot, we are under no obligation to do so. Could it have been the roaming AI, or mission AI that shot up your vehicles and blew them up? Sure, it could have been. Is the game a mod of a game, some two years old? It is and we ALL know the game is unstable, glitchy and there is no telling why things happen sometimes.

I guess what I'm saying is..I don't care for the implication that we somehow need to "fix" this or explain the "why" behind the vehicles disappearance when there may be no explanation at all.

#5 Dietrich

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Ya know Dietrich, I took out the briefcases out of my own stash of cash, to help you out given that I am an admin and founder of this community, I feel a certain sense of obligation to the players of the servers, in which I indirectly offer under the Moongamers name.

You came back after a six week hiatus, to find two of your vehicles missing with one of them containing many building supplies.

I offered you some reasons why they are missing. I lost a police car and a URAL way back in the beginning of the start of the game. I don't know why or how. I thought, that is strange and sucks at the same time, and just as quickly, thought that is part of the game back to looking for stuff again to replace the things that were in both vehicles. I lost a blackhawk a couple of weeks ago. It was sitting on a dock behind locked walls at my base. I do not have a problem with AI. They don't come back to my dock base, not even when I was fabricating. So, what happened to it. I have no idea. I looked in the database and the damage was recorded as "1". Totally destroyed. Why? How? Who the hell knows. So, I replaced it, and kept moving on.

Could the vehicles have despawned, while others did not? Sure they could have. Could a player, even on a PVE server, get bored one night at 0400 and blow up a couple of vehicles that have not moved in a month. Sure they could have. Insurance? What insurance to we provide against a smacktard. If we can determine it was indeed a player responsible, then sure..we'll help a person out. If we cannot, we are under no obligation to do so. Could it have been the roaming AI, or mission AI that shot up your vehicles and blew them up? Sure, it could have been. Is the game a mod of a game, some two years old? It is and we ALL know the game is unstable, glitchy and there is no telling why things happen sometimes.

I guess what I'm saying is..I don't care for the implication that we somehow need to "fix" this or explain the "why" behind the vehicles disappearance when there may be no explanation at all.

If the vehicles you helped me replace last night did not go missing yet again I would not have made a post. I did thank you for taking it out of your own stash, and I at no point did i imply anything. I stated what happened is all.

#6 Lin

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

I spent an hour going back through the logs last night, from the time you were last here in August until now. There was no mention of a chinook being destroyed, so we have to chalk it up to the vaguarities of the game. A very wise teen once said "DayZ giveth, DayZ taketh away". He knew the game has its quirks. There is no insurance against these things, we have to provide our own as players and understand that we won't always understand.

Ed, excellent suggestion and I will be able to use it most of the time. I saw, last night, where it won't work; the AI pokes their head and gun through one of my doors and shoots. I can't shoot them back, I have to actually open the door in order to shoot the AI. A bench would block the door but not the AI from shooting through it. I may try putting down a sandbag and see if this will help.

#7 Enforcer

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'm not sure if this happened or not, but, Draggin mentioned a glitch with the towing feature. Sometimes when a vehicle is towed and dropped and then not moved after the tow, it will revert back to original spot from where it was towed from upon map restart. Something also to keep in mind.

In your case, Dietrich, there was no evidence of a CH_47F destroyed, purchased or otherwise added to the database. I could not find the "ItemKeyRedeb5e" anywhere in the database. There was no CH_47F with total damage of 1.0 on the database. There was no record at all for the purchase of the helicopter.

We next thought, the map was rolled back from some reason. So, the map was an earlier "save" and your equipment were not there because at that map time, you had not yet purchased the items yet. The database confirms this by not showing any record of the items, purchased, destroyed or otherwise. But, in asking the admins who would have access and ability to roll back to an earlier save of the map, none had done so.

And to my knowledge, you are so far, the only one having recent issues. All my stuff was accounted for last night. Even an unlocked vehicle I have not sold yet.

So, the answer to the question, "Why do my vehicles keep disappearing?" is: We have no idea.

#8 Dietrich

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm not sure if this happened or not, but, Draggin mentioned a glitch with the towing feature. Sometimes when a vehicle is towed and dropped and then not moved after the tow, it will revert back to original spot from where it was towed from upon map restart. Something also to keep in mind.

In your case, Dietrich, there was no evidence of a CH_47F destroyed, purchased or otherwise added to the database. I could not find the "ItemKeyRedeb5e" anywhere in the database. There was no CH_47F with total damage of 1.0 on the database. There was no record at all for the purchase of the helicopter.

We next thought, the map was rolled back from some reason. So, the map was an earlier "save" and your equipment were not there because at that map time, you had not yet purchased the items yet. The database confirms this by not showing any record of the items, purchased, destroyed or otherwise. But, in asking the admins who would have access and ability to roll back to an earlier save of the map, none had done so.

And to my knowledge, you are so far, the only one having recent issues. All my stuff was accounted for last night. Even an unlocked vehicle I have not sold yet.

So, the answer to the question, "Why do my vehicles keep disappearing?" is: We have no idea.

Alright, I do thank you for looking in to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com