Photo

Orange Tower...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Comet

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

Lets face it, Orange Tower is a hit. Even if you do not like orange maps this one isn't too hard to swallow. Since it was brought up by Langley it has brought some life back into the server, I've witnessed its draw personally when I'm not playing with you all.

Lin is relatively knew to DoD:S, her perspective on things is fresh. She immediately noticed the draw of not only our players but foreign players to the server when OT was loaded. Her comment to make it a signature map is something to think about. To clarify, when you say signature map do you mean it should be our idle map, or a map we exclusively play? I like OT but there is no way I want to play just it, this game has far too much to offer to play a single map most often.

Oh, by the way dod_orange_the_tower_v3 frigg'in rocks. More than just one way to reach top...someone was thinking.

Attached Files

#2 BuzKill

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

Do we want to add it to the regular rotation?

I think there is an addon we can use that will automatically change to a specified map when the population is low. We can also try that out.

#3 Langley

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

The new Orange Tower map is awesomer. So diversified. Testing now on 99.252.9.159.

#4 BuzKill

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

Also, can you post the map? I can't seem to find it from a trusted source. Prob small enough to post in forums.

#5 Langley

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

New Orange Tower Version 3. Get it
http://www.moongamer...he_tower_v3.bsp

#6 Comet

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

Do we want to add it to the regular rotation?

I think there is an addon we can use that will automatically change to a specified map when the population is low. We can also try that out.

Yes and yes!

I was concerned hosting the map knowing it was developed by another community from Europe (or perhaps they adapted a previous version from someone else). I did a search and noticed three other OT .ver3 servers, none were related to eSA. I think we're ok to load it up and play.

I'm glad I stumbled onto this map...it rocks! Testing complete, verdict out....100% teh COCK!

#7 Luose

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

Sounds Sweet!

#8 Ub3r Sk!ll

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

hey wats the ip for the DOD servers?

#9 WTBass

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

I'm prolly the only person is the world who can't stand orange maps. Hopefully it will bring over some CS:S players...I think that is where the concept actually came from...crossed over to DoD:S!

Maybe my ping will get straight one day and I can enjoy...it's no fun sitting back killing the Big Cheese with the MG all the time! ;)

hey wats the ip for the DOD servers?

Whoops...sorry Ub3r... 66.135.47.66 default DoD:S port...got it off the home page... :)

#10 Luose

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

New Orange Tower Is Sweet!

Get ya asses in there when you get a chance! Really changes the game play :shoot:

#11 amerιcιgerm

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

OT is great. But the second ladder is kind of a specialty. Takes away some action from the door.

#12 Comet

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

...Takes away some action from the door.

...and creates action elsewhere. I find enough still work the middle for some good log jams. I much prefer v3 with its alternate routes to the top, makes the map more selective.

#13 Lin

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:53 PM

I liked it but I think they are both good in their own way.

#14 Comet

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

We have both loaded, we can play both...simply vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com