Photo

Aberdeen Uncap Mains

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 D Day

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

I respectfully request that both Aberdeen's mains be uncaps. IMHO, having jeeps racing back and forth capping mains sucks the life out of the map and reduces the tank battles I and others are there for.

If both mains are capped, a camp fest will shortly follow. No fun in that.

• Angerfist, Grassy, -=TheTroopeR=- and 2 others like this

#2 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

I dislike tanks.

But  .................................  I always take part if the map arises and file no complaints. I know there are some that LOVES!!!!!!!!!   Tanks. :)

• Zap Rowsdower and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

We run that version 6 months out of the year, the other 6 is the cap version. I believe we go back to uncaps in februari.

#4 Moving Target

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Or defend your base....

#5 Grassy

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:38 PM

First I have heard of running aberdeen in different versions 6-months at a time.  I never voted for that, and wouldn't have

#6 Rubulator

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

I respectfully request that both Aberdeen's mains be uncaps. IMHO, having jeeps racing back and forth capping mains sucks the life out of the map and reduces the tank battles I and others are there for.

​+1
Capping mains usually forces the battles out to the middle more... Not enough teamwork to rely on someone to defend... And its usually boring as hell for that person...  

• Angerfist likes this

#7 Grassy

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

Search this forum there is a poll up for this subject
http://www.moongamer...448#entry705430

#8 pinchythelobster

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

This. My suggestion is remove the jeeps from the cap version. It's nice to have a tank/zook map with no planes so I really enjoy this map. 

• Grassy likes this

#9 Grassy

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Nice idea Pinchy

#10 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Remove the jeeps?

What the heck would some of the players that like to roam the desert in them do?

Besides, what would I have to ram Anger's tank with?

Thanks for reading.

This post is sponsored by the Federation For Fair Jeep Practices.  FFFJP.

• -=TheTroopeR=- and D Day like this

#11 Angerfist

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

Remove the jeeps?

What the heck would some of the players that like to roam the desert in them do?

Besides, what would I have to ram Anger's tank with?

Thanks for reading.

This post is sponsored by the Federation For Fair Jeep Practices.  FFFJP.

In a world full of copycats, you'll remain the original jeep dog, Harry. :)

• HARRY TRIGGER and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#12 Zap Rowsdower

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

i cant tank. so the quicker this map is over,the better for me.

but there are times where the infantry battles in the city are fierce,and i totally dig that. so i voted cappable mains. defend or lose the round.

#13 Renlist

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

I'd rather have a fun competitive match that lasts the entire 45 minutes. Jackasses that speed a jeep to the other main base and cap it are griefers to me.  Who wants to spend the entire map sitting in a tank at their main base to defend it? Some are willing to miss out on all the action and stay in a tank at the main base to keep it from being capped.  That's a waste of a tank and is probably boring for them.  Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge are both subject to having their back bases capped, which may win the map, but turns BF1942 into a slow stupid death watch as the tickets boringly count down for the next 40 minutes.  If I had my way, Aberdeen would have uncappable back bases and Battle of the Bulge would have one uncappable main base flag.

To all those who say "defend the back main base or lose it", how about YOU doing freaking nothing but sitting all match long (45 minutes) in a tank at the main base. Huh? Smart guy?

#14 Spare Parts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:53 AM

I'd rather have a fun competitive match that lasts the entire 45 minutes. Jackasses that speed a jeep to the other main base and cap it are griefers to me.  Who wants to spend the entire map sitting in a tank at their main base to defend it? Some are willing to miss out on all the action and stay in a tank at the main base to keep it from being capped.  That's a waste of a tank and is probably boring for them.  Aberdeen and Battle of the Bulge are both subject to having their back bases capped, which may win the map, but turns BF1942 into a slow stupid death watch as the tickets boringly count down for the next 40 minutes.  If I had my way, Aberdeen would have uncappable back bases and Battle of the Bulge would have one uncappable main base flag.

To all those who say "defend the back main base or lose it", how about YOU doing freaking nothing but sitting all match long (45 minutes) in a tank at the main base. Huh? Smart guy?

I have done that, often.  I go engineer, lay mines at the entrances then grab a tank and wait.  Your fun may not be someone else's fun, no matter how thinly you slice a piece of bread, there are always two sides.  

#15 Renlist

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:40 AM

I have done that, often. 

"I have done that often..."

I'll be sure to note you when I see you again on those two maps.  Sitting in your tank defending the back base like the bored Maytag repair man seen in those old TV ads.

#16 Grassy

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

In many matches in the past, I was either in arty behind the tanks landing punishing blows on the advance,  and then shortly afterwared staying behind as the "back base biotch" to guard the main.

Recently I have noticed "Punky" staying back and guarding the main with great focus and success on this particular map, subsequently I have issued the !Rock Punky command when he does this, and well deserved!

#17 Renlist

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:31 AM

Think of the fun you're missing.  

If Aberdeen main base flags are uncappable, and Battle of The Bulge has at least one Allied base uncappable...what's the issue?

Motion proposed...second?

#18 Moving Target

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:35 AM

Last night on this map. Axis capped allied main. We took it back. They capped it. We took it back again. They capped it. We ended up getting stuck with the center of town. Then God (I mean Mexican Eskimo) capped axis main, and it was on again.

A good hard fought map. Makes you feel warm & fuzzy when you accomplish something hard.
  • Eliminator likes this

#19 Renlist

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

So, we have back flag cappers who specialize in that, then deal with those same types taking the back base flag back. LoL.   Interesting.  

To me that's not the typical scenario nor the ideal competitive match. Then again, what is?

#20 Renlist

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

Or defend your base....

How about you being the "designated driver base camper protector" who sits at the main base all game long. Never sees any action, but at least our main base isn't as subject to some asshat making it his mission to drive on the edge of the map for 5 minutes to get to a main base and cap it.

So just exactly precisely how would it be a match buster with having Aberdeen's main bases uncappable?  I tell ya what tho, it's a match buster having one team own both bases. Unlimited tanks for one team, all flags become easily owned, and then it's 35 dull more minutes of domination by one side until either the tickets run out or the time does.  It just doesn't have to be that way.

Not to bring up another map, but with these recent modifications, did Battle of the Bulge ever get modified to have one Allied base uncappable?

If so, Aberdeen is a map in need of a modification.   Simple.  ALLIED MAIN BASE ON ABERDEEN NOW UNCAPPABLE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com