Photo

Advice needed

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CroCop50

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:13 AM

Hi guys & happy holidays in advance,

Need some advice please. First of all, love the server which is probably the last of the Mohicans server for BF1942 (my addictive vice and only game I play on PC) in terms of pop and ping for North America. Over the years and especially since the closing of most of the other servers, us moon regulars got to know each other very well and gaming there started to feel like being a part of a big family.

Secondly, utmost respect to each of the moon admins who are, except for one, very well chosen and keeping our games retard-free by being just and fair to the best of their ability. We all had our running's with one on occasion and acted a fool to the point that we needed a kick and even a ban but after cooling off and thinking about it level-headed, we realized they're just doing their job and begged for mercy on here ;).

Now, you see where i'm going with this. I cannot to this day understand why is this one guy still an administrator on Moongamers. Unlike his impressive skill at flying a plane, this person has absolutely 0 qualities that a good gaming admin should have. Not helpful or good with people, very immature and thin skinned at taking other players comments. Has a personal grudge with multiple players including me lately, Witnessed obvious power abuse (not involving me) on multiple occasions (kicks are given for simple telling of the truth that he ruins the game fun). I'm not gonna go into other details about constant switching to axis, too good of a pilot so all the pilots then go on his team if they wanna fly, no ear for remedying to stacking on one team and making the game balanced, weak competitor etc. The only necessary admin quality I guess is he does play a lot (our playing times of day usually overlap). 

Anyways, all this is just my opinion, I am not trying to convince anyone and the server owner probably has his reasons for keeping him as admin. Usually I'm trying to ignore and just play but tonight he went overboard and I'm actually done playing my last round that has him in it. 

So here is my dilemma, he obviously holds much more power than me (it's a battle already lost) so do I have to quit Moongamers and play elsewhere (limited choice but hey it is what it is) like others did in the past, Franken Berry, Hilly etc.(I'd really hate that but looks like the only choice) or is there another way enabling me to still play on this great server?

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#2 Harriet Tubman

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

I am best buds with the one u speak about, send me $80 and i'll uninstall his game for you.

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:40 AM

Need some advice please. First of all, love the server which is probably the last of the Mohicans server for BF1942 (my addictive vice and only game I play on PC) in terms of pop and ping for North America. Over the years and especially since the closing of most of the other servers, us moon regulars got to know each other very well and gaming there started to feel like being a part of a big family.

Secondly, utmost respect to each of the moon admins who are, except for one, very well chosen and keeping our games retard-free by being just and fair to the best of their ability. We all had our running's with one on occasion and acted a fool to the point that we needed a kick and even a ban but after cooling off and thinking about it level-headed, we realized they're just doing their job and begged for mercy on here ;).

Now, you see where i'm going with this. I cannot to this day understand why is this one guy still an administrator on Moongamers. Unlike his impressive skill at flying a plane, this person has absolutely 0 qualities that a good gaming admin should have. Not helpful or good with people, very immature and thin skinned at taking other players comments. Has a personal grudge with multiple players including me lately, Witnessed obvious power abuse (not involving me) on multiple occasions (kicks are given for simple telling of the truth that he ruins the game fun). I'm not gonna go into other details about constant switching to axis, too good of a pilot so all the pilots then go on his team if they wanna fly, no ear for remedying to stacking on one team and making the game balanced, weak competitor etc. The only necessary admin quality I guess is he does play a lot (our playing times of day usually overlap). 

Anyways, all this is just my opinion, I am not trying to convince anyone and the server owner probably has his reasons for keeping him as admin. Usually I'm trying to ignore and just play but tonight he went overboard and I'm actually done playing my last round that has him in it. 

So here is my dilemma, he obviously holds much more power than me (it's a battle already lost) so do I have to quit Moongamers and play elsewhere (limited choice but hey it is what it is) like others did in the past, Franken Berry, Hilly etc.(I'd really hate that but looks like the only choice) or is there another way enabling me to still play on this great server?

"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"  - CroCop

• Angerfist likes this

#4 Renlist

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

What's the ideal?  That would be nice.

#5 Angerfist

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:47 AM

"Now, you see where i'm going with this. I cannot to this day understand why is this one guy still an administrator on Moongamers. Unlike his impressive skill at flying a plane, this person has absolutely 0 qualities that a good gaming admin should have. Not helpful or good with people, very immature and thin skinned at taking other players comments. Has a personal grudge with multiple players including me lately, Witnessed obvious power abuse (not involving me) on multiple occasions (kicks are given for simple telling of the truth that he ruins the game fun). I'm not gonna go into other details about constant switching to axis, too good of a pilot so all the pilots then go on his team if they wanna fly, no ear for remedying to stacking on one team and making the game balanced, weak competitor etc. The only necessary admin quality I guess is he does play a lot (our playing times of day usually overlap)."

I really like how this is almost a direct clone of several complaints which were directed towards me in the past (of course without the pilot stuff). You have a lot of brothers in spirit, it seems. As usual, it includes crap like "not helpful", "thin skinned", "personal grudge", "power abuse".

Most of the times, it's me "abusing my powers" kicking players for "telling the truth", not Twi. He is way more patient when it comes to the flood of whining than I could ever be. By the way, most of the whiners switched "the truth" from "Twi the hacker" to "Twi is ruining the fun". They say the same things about every single elite pilot. If they are not whining about the pilot "hacker" sissies killing the fun, they are whining about the bullet proof "nurse" medics, the "one shot bs!!!!111!" snipers, the "coward" tank whores or whatever. You'll get a lot of high fives from that breed of players for your chlichee complaint about Twi.

"So here is my dilemma, he obviously holds much more power than me (it's a battle already lost) so do I have to quit Moongamers and play elsewhere (limited choice but hey it is what it is) like others did in the past, Franken Berry, Hilly etc.(I'd really hate that but looks like the only choice) or is there another way enabling me to still play on this great server?"

Franken Berry left because he couldn't handle getting owned by Jubes & HT (which of course are also hackers in the whiners' eyes), Hilly left because a random "Admin" on another server told him that Twi is a hacker (oh, and Javo, and Bot, and so on). Bad examples to proof your point.

Here's the solution for your "dilemma" : stop whining about everything (like, for example, whining about losing with a Sherman against a Tiger, or whining about me tankwhoring , or about "stacks") and simply play. If you feel the need to balance the round, try to organize your team's resistance against the pilot (teamplay!!!), the pilot stack or whatever. If it works, great, if not, that's the game. Sometimes you slap others, sometimes you get slapped. That's my advice.

By the way, I really would prefer if you'd keep on playing on our server because you bring "game", if you know what I mean. I'm not trying to drive you away, I just prefer straight talk instead of sugar coated bla bla.

• Captain John H. Miller, Eliminator and Angelito like this

#6 Renlist

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

Comedy relief.  Before the first DICE patch,  4 guys with BAR's could down a plane.   DICE decided that was too much fire power, so, they scaled back the damage BAR's do to planes.  Nowadays,  BAR's do as much damage to planes as spit wads.

I miss the days when 4 BAR's aimed right could take down a plane.  

Especially when well trained pilots stacked on one side were/are doing loop da loop bombing runs, unmercifully. 

Nowadays...4 BAR's well aimed at a plane can't even get it to trail smoke, when we're getting pummeled to death from the sky.

I believe DICE over compensated with that first BF1942 patch with regards to how much damage planes take from BAR's or the equivalent.

• FriendlyNoob likes this

#7 Grassy

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:45 AM

I have retired as an Admin, however I am going to add my 2 cents..maybe a nickle.

Yesterday on Battleaxe, many nades and expacs were used by many players and a few were kicked for collateral damage after a few times.  Given the amount of players in the server and the dynamics of the map at the time.  I saw nothing personally directed at anyone. 

Crop you are a great player and have a deep passion for the game as do I.

Twilight and I have bumped heads for a long time and have been at sorts on many issues, things change as well as people, I for one feel this has happened.

I have experienced lately that he is all about the game and will bail from a plane to take a base, grab a tank or arty, or whatever class needs to be played to get the mission completed, and frankly He totally kicks ass at what he is doing and is 200% dedicated in teamwork. Today for the most part He was the only tagged admin on a heavily populated server and contributed to his team play as well as working as an admin.

The one thing I noticed most is that He takes the lead and calls it like is, A good man to follow in game, 

I found myself on opposite sides on a couple of maps at times experienced his dominance, however I didn't take it personal, I simply nodded and said "Well Done"

All I can say is that if you find your team in a struggle, try to unite them and take the lead..If you cannot, take a break!  There is always another map! 

• Angerfist, Captain John H. Miller, Spare Parts and 1 other like this

#8 Colonel Tavington

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Comedy relief.  Before the first DICE patch,  4 guys with BAR's could down a plane.   DICE decided that was too much fire power, so, they scaled back the damage BAR's do to planes.  Nowadays,  BAR's do as much damage to planes as spit wads.

I miss the days when 4 BAR's aimed right could take down a plane.  

Especially when well trained pilots stacked on one side were/are doing loop da loop bombing runs, unmercifully. 

Nowadays...4 BAR's well aimed at a plane can't even get it to trail smoke, when we're getting pummeled to death from the sky.

I believe DICE over compensated with that first BF1942 patch with regards to how much damage planes take from BAR's or the equivalent.

This one wouldn't display properly on here, but you can still copy and paste the link.  I think you'll enjoy it.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8700594

Or just click on it....errrr

• FriendlyNoob likes this

#9 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

Tav that made me laugh out loud. Thank you. :)

CroCop, I do not take this game seriously at all. Most of you that play, realize it. You are one of the few players I see in game that has great sense for the game. You always do well and you never play medic.

You remind me of some of the "old guys" that played when the game came out,

I never give any thought to any one player as being "elite", but if that is the way they perceive themselves, so be it.

I play for simple fun. I love to run jeeps into tanks :), run players over and I die a lot. But I have never let one player or players make me leave the game or do I feel they are better then me.

I enjoy your banter and your game play CroCop. But it your decision on staying here.

You can't let one spoil your fun.  

Thank you for reading. Merry Christmas to your family too.

• Pitcher likes this

#10 Angerfist

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

"I play for simple fun. I love to run jeeps into tanks :),"

Harry aka the OG of jeep kamikaze. I cussed so often because of you :)

• HARRY TRIGGER likes this

#11 Dr. Detroit

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:29 PM

Because of the pilot stacking appears to be sanctioned, I have decided to not make another donation.   

#12 Moving Target

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

I've done my fair share of complaints about the pilot stacking, but is it technically against the rules? I won't argue the merits of hacking vs pilot skill, as I think the majority of the elite pilots have the skill.

Only once have a seen a pilot voluntarily change sides to help the opposing team.

What really annoys me are the pilots who insist on just camping the enemy AF when we have no flags instead of helping the team. I think we've all seen the difference when a team is losing with no flags and an elite pilot joins the game and takes out opposing tanks, paving way for the infantry.

And on the same topic, if a group of regulars start quitting and playing on other servers, what is the real reason if them quitting changing servers? If they're all leaving for the same reasons, maybe the rules of the server need to change to meet the needs of the playing population. I agree with the no base camping rule, and I can see why some noobs get confused about it. Maybe a new rule of when an Admin is on, making requests to even out teams if one team is getting their butt whipped. Sometimes it's fun to force fight or sneak your way out of the base, but other times after getting spawn killed 8 times in a row I just switch to a different server.

I play on Axe/Simple sometimes, but I prefer Moongamers. Why? I enjoy the PG rating of the server. Sometimes my kids watch me play, and I really don't care to see F bombs every 5 seconds. I enjoy the skill level here. I enjoy the fun smack talking that goes on here. I enjoy seeing expack only/nadespammers getting kicked. I equate this server as playing with college/adults. Axe/Simple always seems like I'm back in Jr High with all the hack accusations, mom insults, etc. My ping is still way better here than the other servers.

Though I have noticed on Axe/Simple the gameplay seems to be more even for the most times. It's not very often I see a team stuck in their base, and if so it doesn't seem to be very often.

#13 gregefc

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

If he sucked would you even care
  • Jubilee and Angerfist like this

#14 pinchythelobster

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

Hey CroCop, I understand your pain and I'm surprised I'm not kicked as I'm so pationate abiut this game, my mouth tends to run. This shows restraint but more so the insight the admins have here. I ask that you put yourselves in their shoes for a minute. This game is older than dirt and yet this is where I like to play.

They (admins) are in a tough spot as they can't please everyone and no matter what they want to do, it will alienate some small portion of the playing community. I remember the numerous admin jobs I had that I just wanted to play for more than 5 minutes without having to address something.

Now I realize this doesn't address the reason for your list but in times likes this, I can't tell you have satisfying it is to zook these pilots and others. In other words, try to ignore it and find another outlet in game that makes you happy.

I for one hope you stick around and by all means, come zoom with me.

James

#15 Twilight

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

"not good with people", "very immature", "thin skinned" - 9/10 trolling. :)

Let's address what this thread was put up about. You were kicked for using grenades as primary weapons. After receiving warning to stop, and instead arguing about it stupidly later and deciding to continue on. I don't hold a personal grudge against you, and am quite above that.

12/17/2016 20:17:39 : # [Global] notanoob: nade everywhere

12/17/2016 20:17:42 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: just throwing this out there  
12/17/2016 20:17:42 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !main  
12/17/2016 20:17:42 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] grenades/expacks are not primary weapons'.

12/17/2016 20:25:15 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !main .27

12/17/2016 20:25:15 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] =CroCop=50 grenades/expacks are not primary weapons'.
12/17/2016 20:45:08 : # [Global] =CroCop=50: nades part of the map  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : # [Global] =CroCop=50: planes not  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !kmain .27  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] =CroCop=50 kicked for grenades/expacks used as primary weapons'.

I'm patient. You also tked 6 of your teammates with your hand grenades before receiving your 1st kick. And yes - I counted. It doesn't matter if you don't show them scorewise because you stood inside a flag radius. You weren't the only one being adminned for this and tking during Caen either. The very next map I kicked you faster because I'd warned you before, and yet you still chose to do exactly the same behavior. With more meaningless preaching, and some teamstack. Netting an almost immediate -4 and proving you learned nothing. Are you starting to see how this works yet?

Last, not only haven't I abused anything, I added time when you asked for it and was running infantry while you bitched about planes. Ultimately however you have shown some minor improvements. You don't hackusate like you used to now, and insulting others comma ranting I want to say has diminished slightly. But that one at other times is hard to tell. While you do recently sometimes give a compliment instead of griping, it usually seems to go hand-in-hand with an insult to something else. E.g. "So and so is really good at X, but is a one trick pony and sucks at Y". Those basically aren't compliments, and we notice. As for the easiest advice I can give you; When any of our Admins ask you to do something - follow a rule, tone down language, ect. ect. Instead of ignoring it or arguing, try actually complying. And btw, Franken Berry played here just yesterday. Have a great Christmas.

• Captain John H. Miller and Grassy like this

#16 Spare Parts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

"not good with people", "very immature", "thin skinned" - 9/10 trolling. :)

Let's address what this thread was put up about. You were kicked for using grenades as primary weapons. After receiving warning to stop, and instead arguing about it stupidly later and deciding to continue on. I don't hold a personal grudge against you, and am quite above that.

12/17/2016 20:17:39 : # [Global] notanoob: nade everywhere

12/17/2016 20:17:42 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: just throwing this out there  
12/17/2016 20:17:42 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !main  
12/17/2016 20:17:42 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] grenades/expacks are not primary weapons'.

12/17/2016 20:25:15 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !main .27

12/17/2016 20:25:15 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] =CroCop=50 grenades/expacks are not primary weapons'.
12/17/2016 20:45:08 : # [Global] =CroCop=50: nades part of the map  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : # [Global] =CroCop=50: planes not  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : # [Global] (Admin)Twilight: !kmain .27  
12/17/2016 20:45:11 : User Twilight at game said '[BFSM] =CroCop=50 kicked for grenades/expacks used as primary weapons'.

I'm patient. You also tked 6 of your teammates with your hand grenades before receiving your 1st kick. And yes - I counted. It doesn't matter if you don't show them scorewise because you stood inside a flag radius. You weren't the only one being adminned for this and tking during Caen either. The very next map I kicked you faster because I'd warned you before, and yet you still chose to do exactly the same behavior. With more meaningless preaching, and some teamstack. Netting an almost immediate -4 and proving you learned nothing. Are you starting to see how this works yet?

Last, not only haven't I abused anything, I added time when you asked for it and was running infantry while you bitched about planes. Ultimately however you have shown some minor improvements. You don't hackusate like you used to now, and insulting others comma ranting I want to say has diminished slightly. But that one at other times is hard to tell. While you do recently sometimes give a compliment instead of griping, it usually seems to go hand-in-hand with an insult to something else. E.g. "So and so is really good at X, but is a one trick pony and sucks at Y". Those basically aren't compliments, and we notice. As for the easiest advice I can give you; When any of our Admins ask you to do something - follow a rule, tone down language, ect. ect. Instead of ignoring it or arguing, try actually complying. And btw, Franken Berry played here just yesterday. Have a great Christmas.

Wait a damn minute. Are you telling me, someone took to the forums and only told half the story?  Are you saying they purposely painted a picture where they were the wronged party and made no mention of anything wrong they might have done?  Am I seeing this right?  Oh and Dr. Detroit I didn't forget about you, but I will start a new thread in your honor.

• Eliminator likes this

#17 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Don't leave CroCrop who else am I going to snipe when they stand still spamming rounds at people?

• Grinch likes this

#18 Grinch

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Ive seen Franken around, he just got smart like the rest of us and smurfs to avoid hassle lol.

Hope ya don't leave Cro, we need to stop losing people, and have fierce intense battles.

The problem with the elite pilots, is that a concerted effort is needed to kill them, and that rarely happens in a pub server.

Don't leave CroCrop who else am I going to snipe when they stand still spamming rounds at people?

Who are you lol ?

• Pitcher likes this

#19 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

Im just an imaginary person who talks too much in chat when the regulars and veterans forget their roots

• Harriet Tubman likes this

#20 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

is a waste land to mention it,  be sure you are not alone. 

• Moving Target likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com