Photo

Back from over 10 years ago!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Bad_Driver

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

And probably leaving again after what happened to me tonight...

Well I got the game to load up, practiced a few days to get back into a bit and the game screws up on 2nd map of campaign.

So tonight I decided to try multi-player and went to the Moongamers server.

Truth be told I know why I quit the game.

As a former Admin I made the game fair and playable for everyone.

Tonight there was a pilot on Cean that was way too accurate and seemed to know where everyone was.

Being unhappy I voiced my opinion about it.

I was sadly shot down and threatened by AdminAngerfist that anymore questioning and I would be kicked/banned.

No offence, but the game was one sided on Angerfists side.

Was also allowing base camping and not asking the pilot to allow others to play the game instead of constantly getting killed.

And yes I was shooting Ronin (later) with a machine gun fairly close and none of my bullets hit.  Prompting my question of why he was not getting shot.  Ironically I did knife him.

I can happily go in next time with Fraps on and show you the sh.. I had to deal with.

Then again after what I put on here, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just banned in general.

I'm a fair guy.

I love to play games.   I'm not great and I'll admit it.

But if players are not making it fun for others due to either extreme skill or possible tom-foolery and nothing is done about it, then there is no sense playing the game.

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#2 gregefc

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:13 AM

Lol lol lol here we go again. You said it yourself. You haven't even played in ten years. I haven't played in 4 and I considered myself decent but I know I'd probably get murked if I loaded back in.

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:21 AM

Tonight there was a pilot on Cean that was way too accurate and seemed to know where everyone was.

I was sadly shot down and threatened by AdminAngerfist that anymore questioning and I would be kicked/banned.

I do not know how you put it in game (not that it really matters), but over past few years the hack accusing (95% false accusations) became too much. So we put the hack (and variations) in the filter, there are many more ways to accuse someone. That's why this ''Think someone is hacking/cheating please take it to our forums.'' and this ''Accusing others of hacks/cheats will get you kicked/banned.'' scrolls through the grey text ingame. It got to the point there is hardly/no leeway from our admins when it comes to making accusations ingame. That is why we redirect players to our forum if they are dead certain of their case.

The particular pilot might have been one of the best pilots we have on our server. If you compare the playerskill we have now with the playerskill of 10 years ago, the average playerskill dropped a lot. What makes the few good players that are left stand out even more. This doesn't mean they are hacking.

Was also allowing base camping and not asking the pilot to allow others to play the game instead of constantly getting killed.

The basecamping rule we have doesn't apply to Liberation of Caen. ''Admins may enforce a no camping rule on CQ maps where both teams have an uncappable base and when one team has no other flags/spawn points.'' http://www.moongamer...?showtopic=8802

And yes I was shooting Ronin (later) with a machine gun fairly close and none of my bullets hit.  Prompting my question of why he was not getting shot.  Ironically I did knife him.

That is either a lack of leading the target or non-regs (due to latency or the old game).

Then again after what I put on here, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just banned in general.

We don't ban people from game for explaining themselves on the forum.

I'm a fair guy.

But if players are not making it fun for others due to either extreme skill or possible tom-foolery and nothing is done about it, then there is no sense playing the game.

We do not kick/ban players with a skill level that is way above the average player. Adept and overcome the skilled players. If a certain 'tactic' of playing doesn't work, change the tactic.

#4 Angerfist

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

"Tonight there was a pilot on Cean that was way too accurate and seemed to know where everyone was.

Being unhappy I voiced my opinion about it."

My answer in game chat : "Trust my words : he is clean.". Because of the simple reason that we know this player very well.

"I was sadly shot down and threatened by AdminAngerfist that anymore questioning and I would be kicked/banned."

I warned the whole server to stop talking crap about this player. I didn't even had you in mind when I typed the warning. It was directed towards players who continue to talk crap since months, therefore the harsh warning. 

"No offence, but the game was one sided on Angerfists side."

Not sure if we were on the same server, most of the time the Axis was down to one or two flags. "My" side lost the round. Even if the round would have been one sided to my team's favour : so what ?

"Then again after what I put on here, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just banned in general."

We don't ban "in general" just because a post shows that you have no idea about our server rules, our Admin procedures, the game physics or how the game is and has been played on public servers in the last decade.

#5 sagittarii

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

I came back a few weeks ago and had similar suspicions about certain players... Just login again and you can see what Miller already said. The skill level dropped dramatically in general. Outstanding players seem to be even more prominent.

Please dont hesitate to let us via forums know about your suspicions or if you have any questions.

!sag
  • shavo likes this

#6 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

I came back a few weeks ago and had similar suspicions about certain players... Just login again and you can see what Miller already said. The skill level dropped dramatically in general. Outstanding players seem to be even more prominent.

Please dont hesitate to let us via forums know about your suspicions or if you have any questions.

!sag

This is a friend who told me he loved me, then proceeded to shoot me in the back.....     :slipped: :bbb:

I been here since dirt was a meteor, I find the game still very fun, I sit and chuckle all the time, I realize some are just better and take it a tiny-bit more seriously then I.

Be very very careful !sag, I am gunning for you. :)

#7 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

and more leave due to what many have claimed before.... 

• Grassy and Grinch like this

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:58 PM

That so called claim is? Just because a person is better than you or is lucking out, he's a hacker?

#9 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

I have a hunch who hes referring too. LoL. sad people don't realize the skill of others at times. And to be mad because you didn't get any regs on Ronin, come on its Ronin, possibly may have killed him about 500 times since ive returned. In all seriousness, I would honestly just take it slowly on coming back in, if you get upset, disconnect and do something else. I have a temper since I returned, but I have also gotten better over time again. Just keep at it, if you don't like it, there are other servers still, try your luck, youll be back though. Moongamers is the best quality player server to play on.

• Twilight likes this

#10 Angerfist

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

I love how you try to use Bad Driver's post to prove your "point". Shady comment by the way, hombre.

#11 Colonel Tavington

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

Any competitive game worth its salt is going to have its ongoing challenges and frustrations to deal with.  I've been getting killed less by the pilots this past year by first checking the player list to see who's on, then making better use of cover, avoiding the open as much as possible, taking alternate routes in vehicles (or avoiding using them), not spawning at the obvious flag that the pilots are hitting and firing back with whatever I can use if the pilots in question are on.  Even when they are on I'm getting to play my ground game most of the time with a lot of good submachine gun duels.  It's still a lot of fun to play this game.  

• Lin, Captain John H. Miller and Rubulator like this

#12 Grassy

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

I wonder myself why there are even planes on that map...if you have ever flown a plane on it you would see the cloud base is too low for a line of sight on ground targets...and that's a bonafide fact.

I wasn't there so that's the only comment I have :)

#13 posi

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Fog doesn't stop a practiced dive minimap to X - position.  

Kharkov is also heavy on fog and it has planes.  

Seems like before the planes we had issues with arty pixel spotting for whole game.

----

@ Bad Driver -  Welcome back to the game, as you can see we still have an admin team.  Calling them out on forums is not the best way to re-introduce yourself.

Why players leave?  The game is 14 years old..   why are players here?   The server and community is longer standing than any other.  Policy is there to handle player harassment, cheating, as well as the effects of accusatory comments.  Changes on policy or even maps is adjusted at times as seen on these forums in different current threads.  This thread..   will just die.

• LL22 likes this

#14 Lin

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

And probably leaving again after what happened to me tonight...

Well I got the game to load up, practiced a few days to get back into a bit and the game screws up on 2nd map of campaign.

So tonight I decided to try multi-player and went to the Moongamers server.

Truth be told I know why I quit the game.

I don't recall that you were an admin here. If you were, you would quickly realize it is impossible to make the game fair and playable for everyone.

We have multiple warnings in gray text and yellow admin text about accusing players of hacking. Once the game released through Origin, we found the influx of new players to the game had no clue how to strategize, no clue of the actual skills needed to play the game, and "hackusations" were quickly souring the server. To keep gameplay fun for all, we decided to encourage players to bring hackusations to the forum where they can be discussed and, if deemed appropriate, players could be put onto PTW (Player To Watch) lists. We continue to ban hackers, and we continue to defend players whose skill levels are far above the majority of players in the server after these 14 years of BF1942.

1. See response above. 2. Admins do not take action on players to enhance their own game. Don't accuse someone if you're not willing to provide proof of your words.

Base camping is and has always been allowed on our servers.

I can happily go in next time with Fraps on and show you the sh.. I had to deal with.

I'm a fair guy.

#15 Angerfist

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

The post is so weird & chlichee, I'm pretty sure I know where it comes from :D

#16 Classic

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

from MHO?

#17 Bad_Driver

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

Yes Classic

#18 Alvin Tostig

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

!sag

you came back and didn't tell me? shame on you sag

• sagittarii likes this

#19 sagittarii

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

!sag

you came back and didn't tell me? shame on you sag

AT! Where are you? Cya on shank beach?

#20 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

That so called claim is? Just because a person is better than you or is lucking out, he's a hacker?

You can try to hide the sun behind your finger, but the sun will be there anyway.  It is yes an issue and many gamers have pointed it out and all what we got is that same empty words: it is better than you.  Sure, as who complaint play the game as is and w/o any help.  Keep loosing players. 

I love how you try to use Bad Driver's post to prove your "point". Shady comment by the way, hombre.

The point is self-proved when many gamers again and again state had same situation.  Look otherwise will not solve it. Man !  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com