Photo

Calling all Moonies

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:10 PM

We are forever looking to improve the server for our loyal Moongamers family, to make it enjoyable for everyone. To do this, we need honest feedback from our community. 

Do you have any burning questions regarding any aspect of the game? Any map suggestions for modding or rotation? Would you like to see more custom event nights?

This is where I want to see your feedback. 

Fire! 

• posi, Stamper and TDBilliamByron24 like this

#2 Stamper

Posted 11 July 2021 - 11:12 PM

Hey guys,

Some ideas that came up from doing only infantry for the last 1.5-2 months since my joystick no longer works....they're a little zany, but give 'em a shot. 

Coral Sea - is it possible to make the engineer wrench refill/reload faster -or- place more engineer kits on the respective carriers (say, one or two at each of the carrier's AA guns?) just to keep the chaos going a little longer if possible? I love the added PT boats as well....what about one more for each team, or faster spawning for the one we do already have once it's sunk?

CTF Berlin/Stalingrad - A week or so ago, moonwalk was turned on for an infantry match in Berlin.....could we try that in a CTF there or Stalingrad?

Kharkov - Add the respective Allied/Axis heavy tanks?

Bocage - Add an accessible Garand/Type 5 kit or two if possible?   

Bulge - Axis spawn APC, but give (only) Allies a Sherman at the bridge flag?

Caen CQ - M10 or a third Sherman for the Canadians?

Telemark - Add more motorcycles/jeeps/schwimmwagens to the two bridge flags and/or shorten the spawn times for the ones that are there currently?    

Mimo - Shorter spawn time for C47?

Peenemunde - Add a regular Sherman (with the machine gun on top) in Allied Main to help counter the German jet fighter?  Hard to see what you're shooting at with the machine gun on the T95.

Kbely - Allied APC spawn and more motorcycles and/or jeeps for Allies?

• Some Girl Named Cher, Major Sleep, Par Shooter and 3 others like this

#3 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 14 July 2021 - 04:15 PM

Duly noted

• Stamper likes this

#4 Par Shooter

Posted 14 July 2021 - 04:43 PM

Hello to every one ,hope you all are well and Covid free.

Ill start with Bocage ,The map is unfair in a few ways firstly the bomber for the allies just dessimates everything........... once the AA gun nearest the red base near the barn is knocked out the the Axis have very little chance

of advancing as blue tanks and or wespes that spawns at the mill out of reach of the axis can sit on other side near windmill or just up the path from the mill and shell the living daylights out of every red advance,

The AA gun at the mill will normally knock average red pilots down and therefore rendering the map a usual blue win...

Im not saying it happens everytime but more often than not this is the case.

Can the blue bomber be scaled down to a 2 bomb plane or add a multi bomb bomber to the axis team. As 1 extra Tiger tank is not a fair trade off against mentioned bomber.

Battleaxe and Markit,

Since the introduction of the end of spawn rape etc these maps are now a tank fest Axis tanks/Wespes sit in their base shelling out of it,(or on hill in Battleaxe)

impervious from attack and if someone  tries to stop them by zook or mine they get auto killed which is madness ,sometimes I have mind OUTSIDE the base on "axe" and I still get autokilled ?? 

yes I understand they can be bombed by a plane but if a pilot isnt looking for this or bettter pilots shoot them down then the infantry just get shot to shit non stop.

Perhaps we can have a spawnkill day or two every week or even an evening,, BST  ( I and a good few others would love to see this ,why not trial it for a few weeks? )

Please can some of these issues be addressed as this I feel will make it fairer and therefore much more enjoyable for all players......

Most if not all of the Admins are fair and give fair warning of any wrong doing so a SERIOUSLY big thanks to ALL admins ass their job is very difficult keeping everyone happy .

THERE ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT PLAY ON HERE (EVEN ALG) This server is the best....... long may it last.

Best wishes to all on here 

Par 

• Some Girl Named Cher, Major Sleep, Highway Man and 2 others like this

#5 Stamper

Posted 14 July 2021 - 07:34 PM

Duly noted

YAHOO!

• Some Girl Named Cher likes this

#6 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:11 PM

Hello to every one ,hope you all are well and Covid free.

Ill start with Bocage ,The map is unfair in a few ways firstly the bomber for the allies just dessimates everything........... once the AA gun nearest the red base near the barn is knocked out the the Axis have very little chance

of advancing as blue tanks and or wespes that spawns at the mill out of reach of the axis can sit on other side near windmill or just up the path from the mill and shell the living daylights out of every red advance,

The AA gun at the mill will normally knock average red pilots down and therefore rendering the map a usual blue win...

Im not saying it happens everytime but more often than not this is the case.

Can the blue bomber be scaled down to a 2 bomb plane or add a multi bomb bomber to the axis team. As 1 extra Tiger tank is not a fair trade off against mentioned bomber.

Battleaxe and Markit,

Since the introduction of the end of spawn rape etc these maps are now a tank fest Axis tanks/Wespes sit in their base shelling out of it,(or on hill in Battleaxe)

impervious from attack and if someone  tries to stop them by zook or mine they get auto killed which is madness ,sometimes I have mind OUTSIDE the base on "axe" and I still get autokilled ?? 

yes I understand they can be bombed by a plane but if a pilot isnt looking for this or bettter pilots shoot them down then the infantry just get shot to shit non stop.

Perhaps we can have a spawnkill day or two every week or even an evening,, BST  ( I and a good few others would love to see this ,why not trial it for a few weeks? )

Please can some of these issues be addressed as this I feel will make it fairer and therefore much more enjoyable for all players......

Most if not all of the Admins are fair and give fair warning of any wrong doing so a SERIOUSLY big thanks to ALL admins ass their job is very difficult keeping everyone happy .

THERE ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT PLAY ON HERE (EVEN ALG) This server is the best....... long may it last.

Best wishes to all on here 

Par 

Duly noted as well

• Par Shooter likes this

#7 Par Shooter

Posted 15 July 2021 - 12:02 PM

Please can we have OLD SCHOOL moonies with spawn killing etc say maybe twice a week ?

That way it might lower the camping for the rest of the  week ???

• Some Girl Named Cher likes this

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 15 July 2021 - 03:35 PM

Please can we have OLD SCHOOL moonies with spawn killing etc say maybe twice a week ?

That way it might lower the camping for the rest of the  week ???

That's probably going to be too confusing for the average player...

• Some Girl Named Cher and Highway Man like this

#9 MehulJ

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:05 AM

Berlin - Removing nades from Berlin CTF was a follow-up action to the spawn APC (Axis) that used to be stationed near the Allied flag, post which the players went on a nade barrage. However, since the APC has been done away with, I feel each player should be equipped with atleast 2 nades. This will be extremely helpful from the perspective of a high-pinger, who while capturing a flag is annihilated by a low-ping Medic in a matter of seconds - Not Fair. 

Island Maps - Faster spawning of aircraft carriers.

Battle of Bulge - Spawn APC for Axis and Allied both. 

Bocage - As PAR mentioned above, the Axis should be provided with an additional AA gun to knock out M10s' and Shermans' stationed at the windmill. 

Also a request to players to at times manually switch to a weaker team to prevent the game for getting stalled - in case you love to challenge yourself ;) 

Note - Switch when the teams are not balanced...

Thank you everyone  :smilie_tanz:

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter, Stamper and 1 other like this

#10 The Monty

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:27 AM

Hello

Bocage - 1 stuka or bomber for axis

Market - 1 more plane and boat for axis

Battleaxe - would love baxe to be more infantry oriented because it is small map. Maybe you can reduce number of tanks for each team OR tanks spawn at each flag instead of base. Maybe 1 tank spawn at base, rest at flags. Because most times people just sit on hill and constantly shell the bunkers.

CTF maps - If possible more Berlin/Stalingrad CTF in rotation. It is not possible for me to join CTF night because of time zone so I always miss out on the fun

Berlin CTF - Please bring back grenades and spawn APCs for both teams (I don't remember if spawn APCs are already there or not). I feel Berlin was way more fun before grenades were removed. If possible you can reduce number of grenades to 1. There are always 2-3 guys at both flags just waiting to kill including 1 mg gunner at allied flag. And people mining the routes to the flags, then you get out the jeep and another 3-4 people waiting to kill you. Very difficult to steal flags. Grenades needed plz.

Berlin and Stalin CQ in rotation - without grenades 

Wake Island - 3 planes for axis on carrier (like coral sea)

Invasion of Philippines - more boats and faster spawn time for boats

Iwo jima - more tanks for each team might increase the pace of the game coz iwo gets really boring at times

Thanks and regards

Monty

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter, Highway Man and 2 others like this

#11 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:38 AM

Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots of 

JEEPS

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter, Highway Man and 4 others like this

#12 Par Shooter

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:48 AM

Well said Mont and Mehul..

But since the Nades have been taken out its much much fairer as the allies pretty much  1 way in and 1 way out,, when this gets naded from axis its almost impossible to leave the spawn,

yes you have the alley but it does not take much to cut ppl down when they leave it a there a re a good few places to roost up and get them as they come out...

El al has not been on rotation for ages and the planes only spawn very slowly and a lot of time people stand on the runway waiting for plane spawns normally this is a great map would love to see it back and with faster plane spawns  please 

Par 

• Some Girl Named Cher, Capn Cackler, MehulJ and 1 other like this

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 17 July 2021 - 11:13 AM

Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots and Lots of 

JEEPS

You made a typo somewhere, please fix it ;)

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter, Highway Man and 3 others like this

#14 Capn Cackler

Posted 17 July 2021 - 01:35 PM

Well said Mont and Mehul..

But since the Nades have been taken out its much much fairer as the allies pretty much  1 way in and 1 way out,, when this gets naded from axis its almost impossible to leave the spawn,

yes you have the alley but it does not take much to cut ppl down when they leave it a there a re a good few places to roost up and get them as they come out...

El al has not been on rotation for ages and the planes only spawn very slowly and a lot of time people stand on the runway waiting for plane spawns normally this is a great map would love to see it back and with faster plane spawns  please 

Par 

I also agree. When axis would park the spawn apc close to the allied base they would just toss their grenades into the base, die, and do it again. Yes, it is a tough map to capture the flag on, but the scores are rarely (if at all) 0-0

• Some Girl Named Cher and The Monty like this

#15 Stamper

Posted 18 July 2021 - 02:20 PM

Peenemunde - Maybe another raft or two for allies at main?  They're faster than the LVTP and can help Allies get the church flag and the one at the airbase quicker than the LVTP, which helps the fact that the Axis have the HO-229 and can hit the LVTP's quickly and easily since they're so large, in addition to hitting the Allied tanks going out of the base early in the game. The current raft is all the way in the back of the allied base.  Could we move it up to where the spawn point is or simply add more?  I'd also be up for more machine gun placements - church steeple, pillboxes, on sandbags near AA guns, etc.

Essen -  Give Allies an LVTP spawn and faster C47 spawn but remove the aerial drop (which only triggers after the flag on the river is captured, right?)  I'd also be up for one or two more fixed machine gun placements in the city to help counter any faster Allied spawn times for their moveable spawns. 

• Some Girl Named Cher, Par Shooter and The Monty like this

#16 Capn Cackler

Posted 18 July 2021 - 04:12 PM

Mimo- Add a Gewehr 43 to the weapons vault

• Stamper and The Monty like this

#17 Highway Man

Posted 18 July 2021 - 10:29 PM

All Maps:
Increase helmet thickness
  • MehulJ and The Monty like this

#18 Capn Cackler

Posted 19 July 2021 - 12:48 AM

All Maps:
Remove Increase helmets thickness because they hide our beautiful hair! 

Fixed your little typo hihi!

• Highway Man and The Monty like this

#19 Stamper

Posted 19 July 2021 - 08:05 AM

Mimo- Add a Gewehr 43 to the weapons vault

In several maps where one isn't present in the expansions, I wouldn't mind seeing a Breda (for the German/Italian maps in RtR) and a Bren (American/Brit/German SW maps).  

An additional vault or two on more maps than Mimo would be fun, too. The pillbox at the 'intersection' in Peenemunde where you can turn to head to the church flag would be a fun place to drop some kits of various rifles/autos/zooks, for example.  

• The Monty likes this

#20 Stamper

Posted 20 July 2021 - 09:39 AM

Bocage - As PAR mentioned above, the Axis should be provided with an additional AA gun to knock out M10s' and Shermans' stationed at the windmill. 

I really, really like your suggestion.  Just a thought though... What about a Pak40 (like in Caen) instead of an AA? (Not sure where it could be placed.....second floor of barn perhaps facing in a way that it can cover the bridge/windmill, but not hit the sawmill??)  Reason being, if Allies get the flag on the German side of the river and there are two AA's there, that'll doom the Axis planes taking off in the vicinity if the Allies occupy both guns.   However, if there are two AA's and the Allies get the flag, that could be countered if the Axis planes are set up to take off in the opposite direction that they are currently. 

Speaking of Bocage, a fixed machine gun on the ....'porch' (??) of the sawmill that can cover the windmill and the two bridges would be neat, and also in one of the windows of the house and/or barn over near (but a significant distance from) the Allied base....I think it is in D6 or D7...     One or two in D7 would be nice to nip at planes who are out there turning around who have successfully bombed the AA guns.  I've sat out there with a Panzer and/or Sherman  (but don't like wasting the tanks) before and helped make some planes smoke and/or go down.  It helps turn the tables a little bit, or at the very least, scare pilots once they've already bombed all the AA guns and are going back for more.  I also think that more machine guns out on the field would also help mediate the complex issue of tankers sitting in the main bases (wasting armor that could assist at flags) shooting out at planes all map long, particularly in this map and Market - if we had more machine guns to hit planes with in the center of the maps, the armor will be more likely to move out of the bases.  Additionally, if Axis were to get a Stuka on these maps(all for it!), there are more ground options for players to counter the extra planes without overloading the map with more potent AA guns.

Just thinking.  I'm aware that changes always need to happen in tiny increments.  Thanks for reading!

• Par Shooter and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com