Photo

Raised Fist v0.6

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Black Mamba

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

Hi guys, this is a mod I've been working on since 2014. This year I had the chance to get a team of modders and mappers to help me work on v0.6 of the mod, which should be released on August 15th, 2017.

More information about the mod can be found on the official mod page: http://www.moddb.com...raised-fist-v06

• posi likes this

#2 posi

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:41 AM

Changelog looks interesting..

After a hiatus of about a year and a half, development on Raised Fist Mod has resumed.

This time, a group of modders, modelers, texture artists and mappers consisting of Texafornian, Jim2102, Reegad, LuccaWulf and TomPL has decided to help me out with releasing the next version of the mod, version 0.6.

A lot of new content has been added to the mod since v0.5 was released in 2015. Some of the new features and fixes include:

- New colored server mod icons

- New patches for the extra game modes that were made for the mod (rf_extended, rf_deathmatch, rf_infiltration)

- New loading bar display and background image

- New colored "fist" in game health icon

- Three new maps currently under development: RF_Hellhouse, RF_Oasis and RF_Pitch_Black. Game modes for the maps will be kept a surprise until v0.6 rolls out

- Added parachute disabler kit part to every kit used in the mod. Fixed the CTD caused by pressing the 9 key

- Three new game modes: Death Match or Free For All (rf_deathmatch patch), Elimination (raised_fist) and Prisoner Rescue (rf_extended)

- lexiconAll.dat text editing, changed ObjectiveMode announcements to adapt them to the Prisoner Rescue mode, based on Objectve GPM

- Renamed labyrinth_pro map to RF_Labyrinth_Pro

- All weapon kits have five hand guns by default in raised_fist (throwable knives, pistol, main gun, shotgun, grenade), instead of four in v0.5

- Four new building meshes with textures were imported into the mod for the map RF_Hellhouse

- One new underground bunker mesh with light objects and textures which will appear in the map "RF_Underground_Bunker" (WIP)

- RF_Arabian_Nights fully lightmapped and compatible in CTF, TDM, Elimination and Infiltration modes

Version 0.6 of the mod will contain all of the above features and fixes and will roll out before or on August 15th, 2017.

Players will have the option to download and install only the raised_fist mod, or customize it with three different game mode patches (rf_extended, rf_infiltration, rf_deathmatch) which run on the core raised_fist mod. All these game mode patches have their own colored mod icons, making it easier to distinguish them.

The Raised Fist Development team is a Discord group which consists of the following modders and mappers:

- Texafornian, mapper and responsible in game UI + Menu changes (loading screens, loading bar, health icon, server mod icons, etc)

- Jim2102, mapper, creator of the "RF_Pitch_Black" map

- Reegad, 3D modeler and texture artist, responsible for the underground bunker mesh

- TomPL, 3D modeler, helped with the correct export of one of the building meshes in the RF_Hellhouse map

- LuccaWulf, map tester

- Black Mamba, mod creator, mapper and modder, creator of rf_canyon, the labyrinth_pro map conversion, rf_castle, rf_hellhouse, rf_arabian_nights and rf_underground_bunker.

#3 Renlist

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Do user made modification maps and a server of this 14 year old game get much participation nowadays?

#4 Black Mamba

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Do user made modification maps and a server of this 14 year old game get much participation nowadays?

Depends on which mod you're talking about. GC is event based and we sometimes get 40 people events which is huge that late in the game. FH and DC are still alive, so is DCF. FHSW is active too though I think more event based.

So it really depends on the mod. As for Raised Fist we hope to have an event on August 15th where we can gather perhaps about 20 people. That for us would be a big achievement.
  • posi likes this

#5 posi

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Sign me up sir!   

Part of the 'Event' based scenario is getting trickle support from other mods.   G.C.  often gets a boost from IS82 players, not their prefered cup of tea but they are thinking about their events when seeding in hopes of reciprocal turn out.  Every developer for sure wants their work to be played and enjoyed.  

We of course want our servers to be as full as possible too.   This is the thing though, the days of excessive arm twisting are over.  If you want to download and play that day. Have at it,  if not..  see you in vanilla.   No dumping on the messengers though, no matter what mod is in events. My feathers would be ruffled and you would be in my crosshairs.

#6 mistamontiel

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

BF1942 really felt the death of xfire , but on Discord we get to coordinate meets any time and a medium to large crowd usually shows

I recall when Eve Of Destruction mod was being developed and I seen when one of the recent versions on release day had 35 gather .. only room for five botsies

ooo it's Black Mamba now nice work sire !

• posi likes this

#7 Black Mamba

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

http://team-simple.o...pic.php?id=5825

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com