Photo

Lag like never before

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tadger

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi all!

Been playing on moon for years and years. About a month or two ago something crappy started happening.

When I get in the game, everything is smooth like normal for about a min or two, then BAM crippling lag that never lets up.

I can't even move anymore. I miss playing :(

Is there a new patch or something that i need?

Thanks for any help!

Peter North

Tadger

Huggy lowdown

FADAL 4020

etc etc etc

#2 Rubulator

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

It's obviously a local issue. Or we would be flooded with reports. It sounds more a application issue than it does a connection issue... I would look at video drivers and programs running in the background as my first culprits... 

#3 King of the Squirrels

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Do all the things above. I would also check for spyware, and reboot your modem and router as well.

• Rubulator likes this

#4 Tadger

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

Thanks you guys! Re-booting my modem did the trick :)

• Rubulator likes this

#5 posi

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

Tips for other users : 

If your modem cycles or drops - Try lowering the security mode to 'most compatible'  , an older OS may not have the protocols to run smooth on highest security.

If your ping jumps - go to start / run / cmd   ( windows key + R in Win 10 ), type or paste -->   tracert 173.208.17.14  , or the server I.P. you are checking the ping to.  Each hop in the path of the server will respond with a ping.  Often you will find you have been temporarily rerouted to a different main hub. Do this when your ping is at it's best.. you will know the route you should be on.  Right click in the cmd screen to 'select all' then CTRL+C to copy to the clipboard.  It can then be pasted into notepad or word and saved for reference or sharing.  

For video lag, use the tilde key to open the in game console.  The key to the left of number 1.   Type  -->  console.show fps 1 , Tap the tilde to close and check your frame rates.  Repeat the process with 'fps 0' to close the counter.   This type of lag will also show in the crosshair hesitation in heavy action.  If you're experiencing this there are strategies to tuning your video down without throwing quality out the window.    

• Steve2112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com