Photo

Don't hate me because I'm right!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Irish Whiskey

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

WWII Game, Dec 7th. Yep. Time AND place! Sorry, but don't hate me because I'm right!

#2 Irish Whiskey

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

"Yanks"? Let's pretend you didn't type that! Pretty sure Lin should delete your post for that! You don't see me typing "Limey" on here....

#3 Lin

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Good morning Irish!

I didn't close the other thread to give anyone the last word or to support a "right" or "wrong" stance on any of the opinions given. I closed it because it was heading the wrong direction...to the Land of the Unfun, aka DramaTown.

We are an international community, we host games and players from all over the world. What may seem right to you, whether historically, factually or subjectively, may be hurtful, harmful or plain wrong to someone from another country or even from another part of the USA. So, we try to ask players to keep this in mind when posting here. Those who made choices and decisions in WWII for the benefit or defense of their own countries are not here. We host war games, not wars, and the people who come here represent many different views of the same war. I do not say this because I am a follower of Politically Correct Speaking. I say this because I detest contention, and especially contention between and among friends. When I speak with Birney, I'm not talking with someone from the country who used to control parts of North America; I am speaking with mutual respect to a friend. When I speak with Angerfist, duff, Johnny...I am not speaking with Nazis, I am speaking with friends of my own German heritage. Wasabi is not a player from a conquered country, he is an intelligent, mature and level-headed young man whom I have watched in the last nine years to grow from a young teenager to a hard-working and respected Webmaster for this community.

This post is not intended to change your mind or to tell you how to feel. It is simply to let you know who we are as MoonGamers and to ask you to please remember that we are not sides of an old war; we are friends who come here to enjoy each others' company.

There is a portion of this forum for posting discussion on sensitive topics, and you are welcome to join that part of the forum. Please know that we ask posters of that forum to keep discussion civil, factual, and you should be able to support your posts with facts, i.e., provide links to factual sites. Throwing around opinions is easy; supporting them with facts isn't always quite as easy. :)
  • Angerfist and duff like this

#4 Enforcer

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

We all have different opinions based on our experiences. While you can be proud of our nation's veterans, so should others be equally proud of theirs, whether the people of today or disagree with the reasons behind any conflict. The soldeirs who have fought and died for our nation's ideals did just that. Not necessarily because they agreed with the philisophical reasons behind the war, but, because they believed in the spirit of this nation.

"Yanks" I find as a Yank, no offense whatsoever. In fact, I think it was used as a term of affection from one ally to another, with Americans called Yanks by damn near everybody. It started out being one of insult but, I don't think the soldiers in our allied friends would insult the very nation that turned the tide of the war, in both the European and Pacific theaters. Plus there is intent behind the usage, and I don't think anyone would last long in the this community if they were situated in that way.

#5 Wasabi®

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Good morning Irish!

I didn't close the other thread to give anyone the last word or to support a "right" or "wrong" stance on any of the opinions given. I closed it because it was heading the wrong direction...to the Land of the Unfun, aka DramaTown.

We are an international community, we host games and players from all over the world. What may seem right to you, whether historically, factually or subjectively, may be hurtful, harmful or plain wrong to someone from another country or even from another part of the USA. So, we try to ask players to keep this in mind when posting here. Those who made choices and decisions in WWII for the benefit or defense of their own countries are not here. We host war games, not wars, and the people who come here represent many different views of the same war. I do not say this because I am a follower of Politically Correct Speaking. I say this because I detest contention, and especially contention between and among friends. When I speak with Birney, I'm not talking with someone from the country who used to control parts of North America; I am speaking with mutual respect to a friend. When I speak with Angerfist, duff, Johnny...I am not speaking with Nazis, I am speaking with friends of my own German heritage. Wasabi is not a player from a conquered country, he is an intelligent, mature and level-headed young man whom I have watched in the last nine years to grow from a young teenager to a hard-working and respected Webmaster for this community.

This post is not intended to change your mind or to tell you how to feel. It is simply to let you know who we are as MoonGamers and to ask you to please remember that we are not sides of an old war; we are friends who come here to enjoy each others' company.

There is a portion of this forum for posting discussion on sensitive topics, and you are welcome to join that part of the forum. Please know that we ask posters of that forum to keep discussion civil, factual, and you should be able to support your posts with facts, i.e., provide links to factual sites. Throwing around opinions is easy; supporting them with facts isn't always quite as easy. :)

Thanks for the mention Lin...haven't been around lately, life keeping me very busy. I'm hoping to get some play time in before summer.

#6 Lin

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

DOOOOOOD! :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com