Photo

Kicked for shelling allied base from ship?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Wake Island. 3-9-17  5:50 PM PST.  So...you can't shell a flag from a ship?  Someone post the server rules please.

So,  if Allied has one Wake flag remaining, you are to cease and desist from using ship guns on that flag? I joined Axis ship as it was cruising and decided to man one of the ships guns (I rarely if ever get in ship turrets).  I got 3 kills at that flag and no TK's there, or the entire match.  KICKED.

That sounds to me like an admin trying to manipulate gameplay in an arbitrary fashion. 

I've been on the receiving end of shells from an Axis ship at our only flag.  We managed to spawn and get going.  I don't see why the kick.  Jeesh, nevermind then.

#2 Rubulator

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

Were there any warnings? Players are rarely kicked without a warning...

#3 Spare Parts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

Wake Island. 3-9-17  5:50 PM PST.  So...you can't shell a flag from a ship?  Someone post the server rules please.

So,  if Allied has one Wake flag remaining, you are to cease and desist from using ship guns on that flag? I joined Axis ship as it was cruising and decided to man one of the ships guns (I rarely if ever get in ship turrets).  I got 3 kills at that flag and no TK's there, or the entire match.  KICKED.

That sounds to me like an admin trying to manipulate gameplay in an arbitrary fashion. 

You took over as captain of  the destroyer and refused to move it out of defgun range.  the player who had the ship for most of the game and was in the second gun asked you twice to move the ship out of harms way, you did not.  he didn't ask for the ship back he only asked you to move it. you were kicked because you stole equipment and were not paying attention.  that is the reason, nothing to do with shelling a flag from ship or manipulating gameplay.  other than trying to get the attention of players who are unaware they are doing something wrong.  Since you rarely get in the ships turrets, here's a fun fact.. When you're in the #1 position you are the captain and can drive the ship.

• posi likes this

#4 Renlist

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

You took over as captain of  the destroyer and refused to move it out of defgun range.  

WRONG!  I only manned the turrets.  I spawned on the ship as it was speeding past the bottom map flags. Not the beach flag, but the bottom left tip Allied held flag.

Oh, I get it. So now you're make kicks based on whether someone is clueless or not as to move the ship?   Axis was in control.  There was really no need to move the freaking ship when I shelled that Allied flag.  If that's your basis for kicking me, then I still say you had no right to kick me.  There's been lots of times when a ship shelled the only remaining Allied flag I spawned at.

We as Axis happened to be in complete control of that Wake Island map at the time I captained the ship.  Whether or not I was in control of that ship is irrelevant to you kicking me. Do you see that?  Like I said, lay down the ruleZ here.  I was kicked arbitrarily.

Renlist kicked by Spare Parts while aboard a ship that I was captain of.   The Axis and the ship I was aboard were winning big time.   EXCUSE ME I DIDN'T MOVE THE SHIP.  Axis team had complete and utter control.

Spare Parts, do you make it a habit of kicking ship captains not moving ships?

BTW, If I spawned on a ship and went to a  turret and didn't realize I was the captain, so freaking what?!    Players join as ship captains and they don't get kicked. I got like, like 3 turret kills and got booted. 

Because I didn't move the ship when we as Axis had complete domination?  Should I have boarded a landing boat to get that last Allied flag?

Arbitrary kick if you ask me.  

#5 gregefc

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Omg renlist do u always whine this much? Plz get good, come back, and try again.
  • LeftMouseShoot?, Jubilee, mexican eskimo and 1 other like this

#6 Rubulator

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Documented or not. If an admin makes a request it needs to be followed...

If you disagree, log out, come here to state your case or send a Sr. Admin a private message... But in server, the admins direction needs to be followed...

#7 Spare Parts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:26 AM

Renlist, your version of things confirms my earlier assessment (in a different topic) that you and I have a disconnect.  While I see the number 6 you insist we are looking at an upside-down 9.  I am on pretty solid ground with my kick, I made sure of that before I did it because I knew this was coming.  I could pull the logs, refute your arguments one by one, question witnesses and explain my actions all over again.  I'm not going to do that, mostly because I am not an insane maniac.  On the day in question I was called an idiot by Golias for extending time on a tie game.  I had less than explain to me, because of the amount of players (14 each side) that it was ok to taxi to planes. I enjoyed aceburg get mad at me because the time extension jeopardize his "medaling".  Now the injustice of your arbitrary kick.  I suck at Admin'ing, you should organize a recall.

• LeftMouseShoot?, Twilight, D Day and 1 other like this

#8 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

Renlist, your version of things confirms my earlier assessment (in a different topic) that you and I have a disconnect.  While I see the number 6 you insist we are looking at an upside-down 9.  I am on pretty solid ground with my kick, I made sure of that before I did it because I knew this was coming.  I could pull the logs, refute your arguments one by one, question witnesses and explain my actions all over again.  I'm not going to do that, mostly because I am not an insane maniac.  On the day in question I was called an idiot by Golias for extending time on a tie game.  I had less than explain to me, because of the amount of players (14 each side) that it was ok to taxi to planes. I enjoyed aceburg get mad at me because the time extension jeopardize his "medaling".  Now the injustice of your arbitrary kick.  I suck at Admin'ing, you should organize a recall.

Spare,

How do you not see this? Using trigonometric function and basic physics based on random spawning and direction of travel to the planes will display that 14 players on each team (28 TOTAL) is the ideal number of players on any map with an AF to efficiently use equipment to travel to planes. I would show you the math to prove this but frankly I'm flabbergasted that you don't see this and feel I might be wasting my time.

• dodgem likes this

#9 Bot

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

if that less than guy noticed that no one was getting in/ waiting for that empty 109 and didn't feel like walking across the entire axis main on Market while waiting for a crazed Brazilian in a spitfire to camp him, I'd say more power to him.

• LeftMouseShoot? and Grinch like this

#10 Renlist

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Admins dictating and manipulating gameplay under threat of kick? Now I've seen it all.  It's like..."Move that ship to a better position or I'm going to kick you." ???     As I stated before, I got in the gun turret when the ship was already speeding along.

The ship was offshore of an Allied flag. I was in a gun turret. Now tell me again why I was kicked?  What was your directive to me? I missed it.

I didn't follow your supreme commanders order?  WTF?

If you have the logs from that moment, than post them.  I'd like to know what supreme commander order from you that I didn't obey.

#11 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

manipulating gameplay 

What do you think rules do and are for.

As I stated before, I got in the gun turret when the ship was already moving, so how could I have been the captain?

It could have been your timing, the driver just went out to repair and you happened to jump in. It happens. I don't see why one has to get bend out of shape because of ONE kick.

#12 Renlist

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

manipulating gameplay 

What do you think rules do and are for.

As I stated before, I got in the gun turret when the ship was already moving, so how could I have been the captain?

It could have been your timing, the driver just went out to repair and you happened to jump in. It happens. I don't see why one has to get bend out of shape because of ONE kick.

Because I've been on the receiving end of endless ship bombardments at our only flag.  I've never seen that turret gun guy get booted from the game (with admins present). The kick was uncalled for. I wasn't paying attention to his directive, so please restate them from the log for all to see.

Oh and tell me again what action I should have taken not to be kicked.  Move the ship?  Do what?  Admins are there to enforce GAME RULES, not arbitrarily manipulate gameplay. Correct?

#13 Spare Parts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Sir, you seem to be in a lot of pain over this and I can not spend another moment thinking on this issue.  I offer a heartfelt apology for arbitrarily kicking you.  You did nothing wrong and I am completely to blame.  I can not replace those lost 90 seconds of game time, but I hope this apology helps in some small way. 

Can someone lock this before I lose my god damn mind? :smiley_369: 

#14 posi

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

This path of negativity creates a false narrative of how the server is run.  More than one player has taken this path.  The destination is a permanent ban or feeling unwelcome enough to not play here anymore.  

When route B was so simple.   -- >  "I agree, to disagree"   and move on.  

To all those players who persist in this fashion I have a message.  The rule structure,  staff and settings you enjoy don't exist anywhere else.  I'd like them too, it would be nice to have an option that is comparable.  There simply isn't.

• D Day likes this

#15 Moving Target

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

I just poppedy popcorn. Post the logs! ;)

#16 King of the Squirrels

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Jiffy pop and :beer1: ?  Always helps when reading....

• Rubulator likes this

#17 Renlist

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:06 AM

This path of negativity creates a false narrative of how the server is run.  More than one player has taken this path.  The destination is a permanent ban or feeling unwelcome enough to not play here anymore.  

When route B was so simple.   -- >  "I agree, to disagree"   and move on.  

To all those players who persist in this fashion I have a message.  The rule structure,  staff and settings you enjoy don't exist anywhere else.  I'd like them too, it would be nice to have an option that is comparable.  There simply isn't.

I've had my say , thanks,  and it's ok by me to lock this thread.  Sorry, peanut gallery.  

#18 Lin

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

:deadhorse:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com