Photo

Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

I received the message early this morning that the bear is winning. Dad's cancer mass is now huge, he is losing ground physically and cognitively, and he won't be rebounding this time. I am planning a trip to see him soon, either this weekend or next, while I can still talk with him.

I will let you all know when I am out of pocket. I will be available for emergencies on a limited basis only while out of town.

#2 LoverBoy.USA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

After losing my dad to cancer less than two months ago. I know that this will be hard on you as well. If you ever need to talk I'll be here as well as many more moonies. I hope it gets better for him whatever road that may take him down.

#3 Warrior124

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hey Lin, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I wish you and your family all the best. :grphug:

#4 gen_stallonee

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Sorry to hear, best wishes, Lin :grphug:

#5 Randigar

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

My Heart goes out to you Lin and I have to say don't even worry about this place, It will be here when you return and we will be here if you need us.

#6 Bucket

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Our prayers are with you and your family...

#7 Edamame

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

I''m so sorry to hear this Lin. My thoughts are with you and your family.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Yep. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Go see him. Talk to him. And let him know that people care about him.

#9 Lin

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Thank you everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. We'll be leaving a week from Saturday and will be up there for about 3 days, July 26-28. We spoke with him last night, his speech is slow and deliberate but he's still there.

He has had the cancer for a couple of years, this is not a surprise. We have had the gift of time, but that time is about up.

#10 Thirteen

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

God speed, and enjoy all the time you have with him. Our prayers are with you and your family.

#11 USHA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

i know its hard but hang in there.

#12 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Sorry to hear that Lin... Take your time!

Joep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com