Photo

If I had one wish....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mrgiggls

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

I know this my sound like a whine but I can't take this anymore. Please please please...PUH-LEEZ modify the plot pole removal mechanic in some way before I drink myself into an early grave from the frustration of breaking toolboxes and crowbars. I know this shouldn't bother me this much but it is a completely useless mechanic that offers absolutely nothing in terms of entertainment or challenge. It's just plain *%@^ing annoying and there is no good reason for it. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If the tool breaking itself cannot be removed can we at least edit the number of animations?

Thank you for considering my request and if you decide not to act on it, no biggie, but I will probably break into a government virology lab and unleash a deadly super-virus on the world...but it totally won't be your fault. Really

#2 Lin

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:59 AM

That may well be game-driven and not something we can affect, but I will certainly ask around.

#3 Enforcer

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

Don't die.

But, really..I don't know if that is an "us" thing or a game thing, but worthy of some investigation nonetheless. It is odd though. I have pulled five plot poles and only broke one crowbar. And then heard Fatal just about rage quit after breaking 12 crowbars trying to get up a plot pole or two. So, I still have not figured out how or why it breaks this this time and doesn't break this the next time.

It is a pain in the ass though, with that I would agree, because there ain't no easy way to buy a ton of them even though they are cheap. We should make them a wholesaler item and buy a crate of 12.

#4 CrashMaster

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

http://epochmod.com/...object-counter/ <-- anything here work or help with the plot-pole issue?

#5 Enforcer

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hey, that would be a cool one to add so players can add other players as friends, if they are sharing a base. Plus, if it will do the plot for life thing, so you wouldn't have to replot every time you die..that is an added bonus..

Thanks Crash..

#6 Mrgiggls

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

Humanity may have been given a second chance....time will tell.....muahahaha

#7 Lin

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:34 PM

I know we tried the plot for life thing a while back, and it wasn't working on our server. The problem with having a bunch of cool mods is that they won't always play nicely with each other.

#8 Enforcer

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Maybe test out the one Crash suggested then to see how well it plays with our current listing of stuff.

#9 CrashMaster

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I guess this is my wish =-)

http://epochmod.com/...d-for-p4l-v234/ <--- this solves the MTVR parking issue =-) ...but no idea what it does to server load ... (we have the snap build part already)

Edited by CrashMaster, 12 December 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#10 CrDraggin

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

I tested that plot management on the test server and it hosed a ton of stuff and caused me to have to rebuild the test server and the Overpoch server (I wanted this a new feature shown on that server originally). I can try again though now that 2.1 is out.

#11 CrashMaster

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

I tested that plot management on the test server and it hosed a ton of stuff and caused me to have to rebuild the test server and the Overpoch server (I wanted this a new feature shown on that server originally). I can try again though now that 2.1 is out.

http://epochmod.com/...-no-more-codes/ <-- another one that works with the plot pole for life mod =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com