Photo

No Camping Rule Under 10 Player Test

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Grassy

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hiya Folks.

The next two weeks are going to implement a no camping Uncap Bases when the server 10 or under.

This will be enforced by the presiding tagged Admin in the server at the Admins discretion.

Once an Admin asks the server to stop camping, you will not be allowed to fire into the enemy main, steal vehicles etc, etc. until they give the all clear.

This is going to be a trial run for two weeks that may or may not be successful.  However you the players have asked for something to be done about it and we are testing the waters to implement a solution to keep people from leaving the server in frustration.

Best Regards,

Grassy

• Captain John H. Miller, Pitcher and Rubulator like this

#2 mexican eskimo

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Not sure how I feel.

I'm definitely against tank/arty camping in this situation, does this apply also to infy, because I feel that's sometimes just keeping the action going?  

#3 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:48 PM

I have been here since 2005. There use to be a no tank/aircraft rule when under 10 players.

No camp sounds good.

• Angerfist and Grassy like this

#4 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

YES !!! FINALLY !!!!  

please do your best to extend that rule to any number of players !!  

• Rapid Fire and Grassy like this

#5 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:29 AM

YES !!! FINALLY !!!!  

please do your best to extend that rule to any number of players !!  

That is probably not going to happen, a full no-basecamp server.

#6 Grassy

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

Trooper anything is possible...don't give up hope.  

All things change ...it is the one constant in life you can count on,

We the admins will run the server for the people, not the admins...that you can count on

• Rapid Fire, -=TheTroopeR=- and Grinch like this

#7 Colonel Tavington

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

Will this also apply to aircraft attacking the base?

• Grassy and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

yes, everything including infantry.

#9 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

:wasnt-me:

• Grassy likes this

#10 Renlist

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

I always thought it was lame and stupid weak to drive over and steal a tank when there's only about 15 people playing. How lame can you get thinking that's cool to do?

#11 King of the Squirrels

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

When the other team has all the tanks? Just saying..lol

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#12 Spare Parts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

This trial, for games under 10 players, has merit and seems reasonable.  I personally would not like to see it extended any further.  There are many reasons to enter an enemy base other than being a jerk.  It is impossible to make rules or change gameplay for every undesirable player choice, but this one has my support.

• dodgem and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#13 Colonel Tavington

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

Hiya Folks.

The next two weeks are going to implement a no camping Uncap Bases when the server 10 or under.

This will be enforced by the presiding tagged Admin in the server at the Admins discretion.

Once an Admin asks the server to stop camping, you will not be allowed to fire into the enemy main, steal vehicles etc, etc. until they give the all clear.

This is going to be a trial run for two weeks that may or may not be successful.  However you the players have asked for something to be done about it and we are testing the waters to implement a solution to keep people from leaving the server in frustration.

Best Regards,

Grassy

Now that I've had a taste of it in action, I have another question.  Is this a stay out of the enemy base completely rule (including bailing from a stricken aircraft or even just flying over the base) even if you don't attack while in it?  I see that not stealing vehicles was included in the restrictions you listed. 

#14 Rapid Fire

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:56 PM

Tav, that is a great question!

Now technically it is up to admin discretion, but I would then say it all depends on how one would act once they were shot down. If you landed and ran away, I wouldn't kick you. But if you hid in a building and killed all who entered that's a different story. If you stole a jeep to get out, I wouldn't be upset. But steal the tank and camp out in, well then is an issue.

Hope that helps
  • -=TheTroopeR=-, Grinch and Spare Parts like this

#15 ØLÐ CRØW

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Somewhere, probably near the opponents uncap, Sgt. Punky's heart just sank.

• Angerfist and -=TheTroopeR=- like this

#16 mistamontiel

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

I despise of baserape when there is flag(s) to work on .. I am falling on blind eyes

LOL Punky

#17 Steve2112

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Not sure how I feel.

I'm definitely against tank/arty camping in this situation, does this apply also to infy, because I feel that's sometimes just keeping the action going?  

Although I am ..."relatively" new....I feel the exact opposite...most especially when I am the one being camped and carpet bombed. "Keeping the action going" means...what? Score whoring and spawn blasting? 

I think "keeping the action going" means allowing troops to move out from at least the uncap base and get the fight to the cap-able flags. Might not be at all what the temp rule has in mind- just how I see it.  :confused-smiley-013:

Edit: Infy or not

• Grassy likes this

#18 Steve2112

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

I despise of baserape when there is flag(s) to work on .. I am falling on blind eyes

LOL Punky

My mind is blown.,..lol. 

• Grassy likes this

#19 Grassy

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

Not sure how I feel.

Although I am ..."relatively" new....I feel the exact opposite...most especially when I am the one being camped and carpet bombed. "Keeping the action going" means...what? Score whoring and spawn blasting? 

I think "keeping the action going" means allowing troops to move out from at least the uncap base and get the fight to the cap-able flags. Might not be at all what the temp rule has in mind- just how I see it:confused-smiley-013:

This is exactly the purpose

#20 mexican eskimo

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:18 PM

Not sure how I feel.

I think "keeping the action going" means allowing troops to move out from at least the uncap base and get the fight to the cap-able flags. Might not be at all what the temp rule has in mind- just how I see it:confused-smiley-013:

This is exactly the purpose

Honestly I feel that way about vehicles/planes, it get's extremely lame.

Just yesterday on Omaha a player takes tank, 12 people on server and the axis got 3 tanks sitting up there, and they xpacking ramps.  jeez.  It killed the population after he did it.

Infy I feel is different.  There may be good infy players, but they can be beat.  A tank spawn camping on a pad is just brutal.

• Grassy, -=TheTroopeR=- and Grinch like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com