Photo

Gamer rig setup Setback

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hubby bought me an iBuyPower tower from FB for gaming. One of the earlier series, I cannot find the model. The motherboard has a PCI Express slot, but it is poorly placed directly under the graphics slot, so I cannot get WiFi going on it. It has a great cooling system, but no CDR, so I have a portable drive. I need suggestions for a good WiFi adapter to work with Windows 10. The way our modem is set up, we cannot move the modem anywhere other than where it is at, and I cannot fit a desk there. I’ve had this thing pulled apart to bare bones trying to figure out a way to get the dang PCIE WiFi card put in 🤯

#2 Wasabi®

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

For BF42, using Wi-Fi is a bad idea - the game isn't optimized for wireless Internet and you'll get a lot of lag and ping spikes.

I recommend getting a very long LAN cable / extensions and wiring it from the router to your PC (use adhesive or nail-in clips if you want to run it along the walls)

• Capn Cackler likes this

#3 posi

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

https://www.walmart....5006260&veh=sem

#4 Some Girl Named Cher

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:18 AM

Thanks guys! We got it up and running, and hard wired  :music-smiley-008:  :music-smiley-008:  :music-smiley-008:

#5 Capn Cackler

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:07 PM

For BF42, using Wi-Fi is a bad idea - the game isn't optimized for wireless Internet and you'll get a lot of lag and ping spikes.

I recommend getting a very long LAN cable / extensions and wiring it from the router to your PC (use adhesive or nail-in clips if you want to run it along the walls)

Yup, did a bit of wiring and routed my cable through our basement. WiFi is trash.

#6 Colonel Tavington

Posted 31 May 2020 - 10:18 PM

Totally agree, always go with wired when you can. I have that in my office, in my living room where I watch things on a coffee table with a laptop from a sofa and in my basement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com