Photo

Has anyone succesfully installed and played BF42 on Win 10?

Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BIG BAD JOHN

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

I had to recently get a new computer and was not able to get Win 7. I was upgraded to Win 10 and have been unsuccessful in my attempts to play. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-BBJ

• mistamontiel likes this

#2 Highway Man

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:02 PM

Hi, you might try reading here http://www.moongamer...showtopic=66448

depends on what the game is doing exactly, can you not load into servers?   

Battlefield 1942 installers including the installers used for the expansion packs are similar in the fact they are all zipped packages delivering two priority files,  Setup.exe and Data.bin 

To Install 

•   Unzip entire contents of folder using winzip, 7z, or your utility of choice.  

( Right click on the zipped file and choose 'extract all' )

•   Launch the file titled setup.exe and follow the standard instructions.

DO NOT

•   Attempt to launch the setup.exe from within the winzip or 7z utility
  •   Move the setup file before launching.  ( Setup.exe is dependent on Data.Bin and needs to be left in the same folder ) 

(From a post Posi made)

#3 posi

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

Enabling Direct Play is required on Windows 10 , it's just a few clicks

https://windowsforum...-and-10.205952/

• Highway Man likes this

#4 Dr. Detroit

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:30 PM

please post your solution.

I have a laptop that refuses to play.    Tried every solution offered out there.

#5 mistamontiel

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

I used my WWII Anthology discs (blasted red originals stopped to read >.<) n that's pre-installed v1.6 then to v1.61 patch to the nocd crack and then SiMPLE's executable (automated masterserver redirect and all your resolutions choose-able inmenu!)

Likewise I could not keep my Win7 setup since apparently hardware manufacturers been stopped support for Win7 when she is not even old

Then again, this Win10 closer to WinXP than Vista/7 ever could!!! No more shitty compatibility modes especially for those mods that wanted 98 compat-mode resulting in stuttering cut-off sounds all over especially that SiMPLE's clever incredible BF1942.exe will not hang with that nincompoopsense

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:37 AM

I'm playing on Windows 10 with the disks, it works perfectly (except the crashings which are 'normal'). As Posi said, enable direct play,

#7 Rapid Fire

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

It took me a long time to get it running on Windows 10, my issue was that it would not load once I tried to turn on the game.. Yes, direct play needed to be enabled, that was the easiest part. Ultimately I had to download all of the patches, then go in to compatibility and set it to run at windowsXP. 

#8 BIG BAD JOHN

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

please post your solution.

I have a laptop that refuses to play.    Tried every solution offered out there.

I was able to get it to work by downloading the Battlefield 1942 HD from Abandonware Games. I needed to add the GameSpy IP to the hosts file and enable Direct Play.

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com