Photo

BF42 Timer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Hillbillyninja

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think if a team is losing and wants more time they should not be givin it!There was after all a time limit when it started..everyone plays accordingly. If some 1 wants the timer off it should be right at the start of the map!And there also are some players=Lecter for 1 who gets by with saying FU to ppl and not getting the boot,alot of other players would get it!One more thing I hate forums :]

#2 Alacard

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Here you go HillBilly

Attached Files

#3 Hillbillyninja

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Just because 2 admins are losing a round on a team should'nt mean they should be able to make the decission to turn the timer off ...that should be decided at the beginning of the round..timer on..or off!

#4 Billy Biglips

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Timer is put in place late at night when population low-when pop goes up we remove it. nothing to do with winning or losing.

and we have kicked and banned Lecter(we don't let him do what your talking about). we will keep an eye on him

#5 Hillbillyninja

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Also I think some people can say FU anytime they want and never get kicked=Lecter..most would be booted!

#6 mattybeast

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I can see how it can be frustrating to have a round pretty much sewn up and suddenly more time gets added.

As an Admin who usually plays late night weekdays I often make decisions about the timer.
The main factors I consider are what the players want, how close the round is, and if it good for the server.
(not in that order)

Just last night the default round time was set at 30 min and I extended a round on gazala because the
blue team while being totally crushed during the early part of the round had managed a comeback
and thought it a nice idea to give them a chance to pull it off...blue closed the gap quite a bit but as
the 45 min mark approached I felt red had the round in hand and despite being asked to add even more time
I saw no point. The next round was battleaxe and again I extended the round by 15 min simply because the
ticket count was quite close, a few players had just joined, and it was a great back and forth kind of round.

My point is that this sort of decision is by and large made based upon what is good for the server and its players.
I will give or not give a losing team more time based on factors other than "they want it". I am also of the opinion
that my fellow admins operate from a similar viewpoint.

(EDIT) Just to be clear.... what billy said regarding the server pop is also true.

#7 Hornet

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi Hillbilly, I was not there so I cannot comment on the exact situation you described, however I will give a response in the more general sense.

The timer is on during the nighttime hours to keep the maps moving when there are fewer players in the server. It's on until an admin decides the server is in a state of surviving without the timer. I'm sure that the admins who turned the timer off during a round were doing so because the round was not dragging on, and would have been a good fight to the finish. I doubt that the admins chose to turn off the timer simply for their own gameplay reasons. It's a judgement call when the timer comes off in the morning/early hours.

That being said, your point of view that it should be decided at the start of a round, rather than in the middle is understood.

I will not comment on the players saying "FU" at this time, however.

#8 Lin

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

The timer should be decided on by the way the game is going, and changes should be made based on the overall status of the server. We have turned it on and off at the beginning, middle and end of the game depending upon how the players want the game to play out. You're right, it should not be decided on simply because of one person's game, but we really don't set any limits as to when a timer is changed, either off or on.

Lecter's mouth is one of my personal pet peeves. I have banned him several times and he alone has been the reason for many iterations of "FU" in the banned word list. It's probably time to ban him again, I'm home for a few weeks now and will be able to watch the logs.

#9 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think if a team is losing and wants more time they should not be givin it!There was after all a time limit when it started..everyone plays accordingly. If some 1 wants the timer off it should be right at the start of the map!And there also are some players=Lecter for 1 who gets by with saying FU to ppl and not getting the boot,alot of other players would get it!One more thing I hate forums :]

ADMINS GODS OF THE SERVER all fridays 11pm..... (remember spartacus)..... hehe ! :boff:

hate and love are one step away...... hope c you more often at forums Hillbillyninja ! :coo:

#10 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

ive posted some at other post similar subject

#11 DerRaucher

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

2/17/2012 11:42:31 : # [Global] [Admin]JohnnyKnüppel®: you want timer off, guys? (The admin asking the server)
2/17/2012 11:42:37 : # [Global] Hillbillyninja: ni (no)
2/17/2012 11:42:40 : # [Global] Hillbillyninja: no
2/17/2012 11:42:43 : # [Global] geronimo(fr): yes (yes)
2/17/2012 11:42:46 : # [Global] Pitcher: why not (not yes, but its ok for him)
2/17/2012 11:42:49 : # [Global] Pitcher: ;)
2/17/2012 11:42:49 : # [Global] Billy Biglips®: yea johnny (yes, he isnt tagged up and is a simply player)
2/17/2012 11:42:49 : # [Global] |W42| MENTAL MIKE: L8r
2/17/2012 11:42:52 : # [Global] Hillbillyninja: hell no
2/17/2012 11:42:55 : # [Global] [Admin]JohnnyKnüppel®: !timeoff

So, 2 1/2 yes and 1 no. And the admin has the right to turn it off if he thinks it is the best for the server.
  • STRYPER and Angerfist like this

#12 Angerfist

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Yo Hillbilly, I don't know how others think about it, but if you have problems with a player, it would be nice if you would use a personal message to an Admin instead of constructing a public gallows.

#13 Johnny Knüppel

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Dear Hillbilly,

as you can see in above posted logs i asked people if timer should be turned off. With me there were 4 yes and 1 no. So i put the timer off. You think just because you say no, i will let it on? And your opinion, I would put it off, just because the admins can win the map, is just hilarious. Not the admins win the map, the TEAM does.

Btw, i warned Lecter for his FU. But when you type a full "F**k you" in chat, it´s an autokick. Maybe you should remember this next time you want to insult other players again like you usually do.

Welcome to our forum!

Game on and have fun!

#14 Slim John (FIN)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Just because 2 admins are losing a round on a team should'nt mean they should be able to make the decission to turn the timer off ...that should be decided at the beginning of the round..timer on..or off!

Dear HillBilly. I hate You with bottom of my heart. :whippingsmiley: You killed me several times last night. I didnt like that. Anywayz welcome to da forums. Hope you enjoy it! :pinkele:

#15 billyboy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

the timer seems to me to end more good games prematurely
than terminate poor ones mecifully ...

k!ban timer

(as for insult spamming : it is a bore .

respect /spam rules cover it

most guilty parties should know better
but its maybe a part of their game

jus kik em for a minit to wash mouth out ? )

#16 billyboy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:37 AM

the timer seems to me to end more good games prematurely
than terminate poor ones mecifully ...

k!ban timer

(as for insult spamming : it is a bore .

respect /spam rules cover it

most guilty parties should know better
but its maybe a part of their game

jus kik em for a minit to wash mouth out ? )

#17 Kerfuffle

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

I can see how it can be frustrating to have a round pretty much sewn up and suddenly more time gets added.

As an Admin who usually plays late night weekdays I often make decisions about the timer.
The main factors I consider are what the players want, how close the round is, and if it good for the server.
(not in that order)

Just last night the default round time was set at 30 min and I extended a round on gazala because the
blue team while being totally crushed during the early part of the round had managed a comeback
and thought it a nice idea to give them a chance to pull it off...blue closed the gap quite a bit but as
the 45 min mark approached I felt red had the round in hand and despite being asked to add even more time
I saw no point. The next round was battleaxe and again I extended the round by 15 min simply because the
ticket count was quite close, a few players had just joined, and it was a great back and forth kind of round.

My point is that this sort of decision is by and large made based upon what is good for the server and its players.
I will give or not give a losing team more time based on factors other than "they want it". I am also of the opinion
that my fellow admins operate from a similar viewpoint.

(EDIT) Just to be clear.... what billy said regarding the server pop is also true.

Don't forget that you also liberally dispense MattyMeds! They are the best money can't buy. Now in a delicious cherry flavor too!

#18 Nateos Lecter

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Also I think some people can say FU anytime they want and never get kicked=Lecter..most would be booted!

wow, it takes a "real" man to go on public and diss another player. If you have any problem with my mouth plz let me know in private. Admins already know this is a issue for me in-game and i´ve been trying to control it. And I was banned before because of it and if a ban comes again it´s all my fault. I can handle it, "i´ve made the bed where I sleep" it a portuguese saying...

Nontheless, im glad , besides my rants which is a more of a personality trait (ingame), im proud i´m a man of character, hope you will be too one day....

I had "fights" with players in game, during the heat of the moment, but i´ve been man enough to acknowledge the prick I was is some comments and I apologize later, and i´ve done it several times. This is not to excuse myself of course because im aware that my later apologizes or rants sometimes dont go along with the feel good environment MoonGamers wants and requires.

And the FU rarely is personall, is more of a outburst, a shout out loud...its hard to kick this bad habit since ive played 5 years in a server where cussing was completely allowed...sry for that and i mean it.

Ah, almost forgot to tell you this...I still own you though
  • Angerfist likes this

#19 Nateos Lecter

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

You had me at hello

#20 Johnny Knüppel

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Could someone close this topic? Just to beware of more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com