Photo

Cannot Sign onto Yahoo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 PerfectSilence

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hey Guys,

I am having a bit of an issue where I cannot sign onto yahoo on my laptop. It's not my password or anything, but rather when I enter in all my Information and click "Sign In" I get the error page of "This Page cannot be found". It's not my network because I can sign on using my other computer and pocket PC. It's not my firewall because I have it disabled and I still can't login. It must have something to do with Internet Explorer settings. Also, Mozzila Firefox won't sign in either. I have absolutly no Idea why it's not working other than it being some minute setting in Internet Explorer.

Thanks,
Marc (PerfectSilence)

EDIT: It seems to be that whenever I try and view a page that has HTTPS:// I cannot view it

#2 The Xevious

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

That sounds like either a security setting, or your windows hosts files are messed up. Also make sure you don't have a proxy setting for https connections. I believe there is a way to make Yahoo! not have to use https, by selecting that is is a normal computer and not like "shared" or "secure" mode, etc.

#3 paper_gh0st

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:19 PM

im not here to help because im dont know, but i can tell you try trillian. It runs ICQ, MSN, YAhoo, and AIM without having the actual progs.

look it up and see if you like it

#4 The Xevious

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

im not here to help because im dont know, but i can tell you try trillian. It runs ICQ, MSN, YAhoo, and AIM without having the actual progs.

look it up and see if you like it

How on Earth does this relate? :blink:

Ohhh, I think he means the website though, not the instant messenger.

#5 pest control

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

its possible you have it saved as offline page in ur computer, and the yahoo might have changed the redirection, try deleting temp files and check that "delete offline pages" when u do it through internet options
(u will loose all offline pages when u do it, if that matters)

#6 matrix

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

check and see first of all that u are actualy obtaining an internet connection to the laptop! ((((((side notes drivers for laptop haveing problems then give me make and model of it! i WILL FIND THEM! ALL WORK HERE IS DESCRIBED IN WINDOWS XP!!!!! on a laptop)))))((((i am not mentioning brand cuase the format to wich i said all this is universal)))

start
run
type cmd
hit enter
a balck box will come up! then type
ping www.yahoo.com
hit enter
after going this look at botum of black box you should see this if
u are getting an internet connection to the laptop!!!
this is what u SHOULD see
(ignore the time)

Pinging www.yahoo.akadns.net [68.142.226.34] with 32 bytes of data:

reply from 68.142.226.34: bytes=32 time=3ms ttl=51
reply from 68.142.226.34: bytes=32 time=2ms ttl=51

Ping statistics for 68.142.226.34=
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <o% loss>, (((THIS IS THE IMPORTANT LINE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING HERE I CORRECT)))
if everything in line above is correct! then you are good for an internet connection! nw if it say this instead!!!
Packets: Sent = 0, Receeived = 0, Lost = 4 <100% loss>,
then we have a connection problem

what then i would like for you to!!! (not knowing the kind of laptop) is change the internet cord some call it (cat5,ec,or ethernet cable) after changing this cable see if you get a 0% loss this time
if not then do this NEXT STEPS ARE TO VERIFY NETWORK IS SET UP CORRECTLY AND THAT DRIVER IS INSTALLED AND CLEAN IP!

start
control panel
click network connections
right click on your local are connection NOT ANY WITH AN X ON THEM
then click repair
see if that will complete succesfully
k so it did no you are on the internet and ready to go i hope
but in sake cuase you didn't find you local are connection we will have to go this route now we are going to make sure your driver is installed

start
control pannel
system
hardware
device manager
ounce clicking on device manger this is showing you all of the hardware installed in your machine even if it not have drivers
now look for a tab that say netwrok adapters
if the network adapter is not expanded and does not have a yellow question mark then the driver shoould be installed! while you are here go ahead and click on the + symbol beside the network adapters to verify and make sure the driver is installed! k it is!!! good!!! or its not! well the next step is to go onto a machine with a working internet connection! look up the model number and company for your laptop and then find the driver for your network adapter! burn it to cd and install the driver into the laptop! then you are fixed again!!! now you say you firewall is down!!! k
we willl also try this just for the fun of it! this is not the most common problem but i have seen it before!!!

start
control pannel
netwrok connections
ounce here! look to the left!!! you will see
set up a home or small office network click that
now a new box came up!!! (holy S4IT more choices)lol
click next
click next again
(if a box show up for disconnected netwrok hardware at buttom click ignore and then click next)

i am assumeing you are broad band and you have a router or hub or switch
so i want you to click the the third option (OTHER) and then click next
now i want you to chose the first option on the next page and click next
then click nexst again then its going to warn you!!!! IGNORE IT hit next
on next page you will 2 choices chose the first one and then hit next
then hit next again now on this page if you plane on sharing any of the files! with any of your pc's you better make sure that your WORKGROUP NAME IS THE SAME AS THE OTHERS if not jsut hit next
then hit next again
then it will be working wait to it is finished after it is finished it will prompt you with more choices! select the last choice and then hit finish you computer will be prompted to restart! DO SO!
now after all of this! you are DEFENITLEY CONNECTED to the net!!! If not then bad news! you have to go and buy! a pcimcia netwrok card!

well!!!! have fun a good luck please let me know how it turns out and i hope to god you are not trying wifi! cuase i laid this all out for hard wire!

""KEYBOARD :ph34r: ""

#7 The Xevious

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:23 PM

I would say he is connected, but try and ping a https domain for yahoo, if that is possible. I think it was secure.yahoo.com.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com