Photo

PC problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RangerT

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

was on my gaming pc the other day and all of a sudden the screen went black and the light in my usb track ball went out. the fans were running my first thought was i had lost power to my monitor. NOPE NOT IT. rebooted the pc and i didnt see the normal info it posts before the OS takes over.

Any ideas

#2 JohnAlan

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Power supply or motherboard.

#3 RangerT

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

how do i decide which one it is. the fans do come on and my ecig does work when plugged into the usb port

#4 Hornet

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Because the fans come on, your power supply is probably fine. My guess is that your motherboard is toast. Do you have a motherboard speaker? If not, they're pretty cheap. When there's a problem with the motherboard, you'll hear a error code beep out of the speaker. There may also be error indicator lights on the motherboard that you could check for. It could be a problem with your CPU or RAM as well, which the motherboard would indicate.

#5 RangerT

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

well, i figure the motherboard is toast because when i plugged it back in to check things I heard a pop as soon as i powered it on. I know both of my hard drives are fine had them hooked up to my back up pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com