Photo

Cant Open BF 1942 - Please log in with administrator privileges and try again

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Par Shooter

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hello, 

I have always played battlefield 1942 for about 8 years, but today i tried to open it but it won't it keeps on popping up with a box saying "Please log in with administrator privileges and try again." Does anyone know what this means?  And can help me out to fix it please?

Thanks

#2 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hey !!!  is good to have you back !!

please note that are posts at IT area about related issue, all happeend after game spy ended etc.  please take time to read and one of moonies IT gurus will help you shortly.

:)

• Par Shooter likes this

#3 posi

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

If you are clicking on a desktop shortcut , simply right click on that shortcut , select properties and choose 'open file location'.   

This leaves you in a New Windows explorer window sitting on Battlefield.exe  ,   right click on the .exe itself and you should be able to 'run as administrator' to test things out.  

You can also right click directly on the .exe , choose 'properties'  , choose the 'compatibility' tab and set 'launch as administrator' , if you are on a win 7 or win 10 it may be necessary to also check 'run this program in compatibility mode for.."    

I run in compatibility mode for XP service pack 3.

I hope this help, if not, please include additional information in your reply.   OS version, latest patches you have applied ect.

• -=TheTroopeR=- and Par Shooter like this

#4 Par Shooter

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your help, i have gone onto properties and followed your instructions and all, but now when i press on battlefield it says 'Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?' so i press 'Yes' and nothing happens still! But it isn't displaying the 'Please log in with administrator privileges' anymore, Any ideas?

Thanks

#5 posi

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

My system will do that to me when I modify just one file.   

I'd again ask for OS and your latest patch..   others feel free to help this chap.

#6 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your help, i have gone onto properties and followed your instructions and all, but now when i press on battlefield it says 'Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?' so i press 'Yes' and nothing happens still! But it isn't displaying the 'Please log in with administrator privileges' anymore, Any ideas?

Thanks

Well is a step in good direction, the message you got was related more to the device use more than the game, BF needs to be let send and receive information and need all doors open to do it.

What harware you have ? And operating system ?

#7 posi

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:25 AM

An old friend seems to be making the rounds about this this microsoft patch that breaks many old games.

http://myonlinesecur...aks-many-games/

There is a thread on ax and simple..

http://forum.bf1942.....php?f=6&t=2526

I noticed moongamers is down , ax is down , the master server is down..  there are a few servers up.  The in game browser is broken.  I repatched with 1.61 as suggested in forum post..  still broken.

I reckon Par Shooter broke the internet.    Duct Tape?

#8 Par Shooter

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:13 AM

Hahaha!!

I have no idea what i should do it keeps coming up with 'User Account Control' the same box as before, any other suggestions??

Thanks

#9 Par Shooter

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:18 AM

Im not exactly too good with computers thats why i have come to you for help, how do i know my OS and latest Patch? If this would help you out

#10 posi

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:37 AM

Operating System ,  Windows 7 , Win XP  , Windows 10  ...

Have you installed the gamespy fix patch yes / no.

---  

Perhaps not related to you specifically...

I have been looking more into this issue and possible ramifications --> https://support.micr...n-us/kb/3086255

secdrv , It is not a service I have available on my windows 7 system.

Hmm  , Not Good!

Start / Computer( right - click )  choose properties.

That will tell you your OS  

#11 posi

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

The world looks less bleak with the Master Server back online.

Still haven;t got it?   Try patching...     http://team-simple.o...patch_v1.61.exe

#12 Par Shooter

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

Hi, 

I opened that tab above and downloaded and ran the update, the battlefield opened!! But none of my things are there? Like my name or favourites, how can i get these back?

Thanks

#13 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hi, 

I opened that tab above and downloaded and ran the update, the battlefield opened!! But none of my things are there? Like my name or favourites, how can i get these back?

Thanks

Yes !!! you can play now.

For user preferences you need to go to game menu and at options set all again,  sorry.

Remember..... if you see a plane shadow, hear engine dive noise...  and I am pilot at other team.....be ready to re spawn :)

#14 Par Shooter

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Right, is there anyway i can get my ParShooter account back at all? Have lots of friends on there from around the globe :))

Thanks!

#15 posi

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:03 PM

: (  , I actually have to back up these things due to custom bindings.  Seems like they should be there as they are data files. It just opens with a different default profile.  I'd note I use custom bindings and have patched many times and never lost profiles. 

You can examine and back up your profiles individually at this address ( Win 7 ) 

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles

Anyone who uses custom bindings or wishes to preserve a buddy list as you do might want to keep a copy of 'Profiles'   , It can be pasted into place in the event of re-install , repair.  

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#16 Eliminator

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

I reinstalled the game, right clicked on the battlefield shortcut clicked run as administrator then changed compatibility mode to XP service pack 3. Then I patched up and it worked. Thanks Posi! After a few days of not playing I was starting to get serious battlefield withdrawal.

#17 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

I reinstalled the game, right clicked on the battlefield shortcut clicked run as administrator then changed compatibility mode to XP service pack 3. Then I patched up and it worked. Thanks Posi! After a few days of not playing I was starting to get serious battlefield withdrawal.

And with your reg status unable to play ! Good you are back!
  • Eliminator likes this

#18 King of the Squirrels

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for posting how you fixed your problem. :yourock:  As you can see your not alone in windows battle. :grphug:

#19 ATF_CA1

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

I have two computers in my office that I play BF42 on. My desktop and my laptop. In the past week my desktop stopped working in other words it would never get to the EA games screen even while I was loading (as usual) as an administrator. Now keep in mind that I do not have a IT department at my work that might be blocking me somehow. 

So I finally deleted the game and tried to reload the game with zero success. It seemed to lock up and not do a dang thing towards installation. I thought maybe it was my cd's or my cd drive, but they worked fine in other applications. So being frustrated and wanting to play I determined that I could still play on my laptop. After playing for two days on my laptop, I came into my office today and the laptop is acting the same way. It will not go to the introduction screen anymore. 

Now I don't know what the odds are that the same exact thing happened to two separate computers, but I think that the odds of this being by chance is very far indeed. I fear that someone out on the internet has created something that would make it so gamers in this great game can't get into the game anymore. I know I sound crazy, but this is so weird that it happened the same way to two separate machines. If you have any ideas on what I can do at this point it would be greatly appreciated. 

#20 ATF_CA1

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

I just did the change to compatibility xp service pack 3 and did the patch...hope it works.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com