Photo

Need help on video/graphics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 That's SIR to You

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hi. I am finally back on the server, thanks to help from everyone and the patch suggested by Posi. I notice that my graphics are really soft and fuzzy. I understand I can go to OPTIONS and VIDEO in the menu. Mine shows 800 by something. I use a Microsoft Windows 7 and believe I should move it to 1024 (?) or the like. Sorry, I can't check that while typing here. Any advice?

#2 Rivet

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

It would be best if you made your resolution the same as your desktop settings.

#3 dodgem

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hey That's Sir to You,

Welcome to the forums! :)

I use this guide for sorting my game resolution settings. It's fairly comprehensive:

http://www.widescree...attlefield_1942

My desktop runs at 1920*1080 however I set my game to lower than this due to performance issues. So you may find you need to play with the numbers you enter into those .con files to find the sweet spot (or maybe my laptop is just sh*t ;) )

I also found that you may need to move the files to the desktop in order to edit them and then move them back to the same folder they were in originally. Also remember to make them "Read-Only" after altering them.

However, the soft/fuzzyness actually sounds like your graphics options aren't set to High/Maximum in the In-game Video Options menu so check that out first.

#4 posi

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Set by FPS and not by what looks good if performance is a factor.

Use the tilde key ( top left on keyboard - looks like this ~ )

Now type this command in console exactly:    Console.Showfps 1

Close the console with the tilde and follow your FPS in gameplay. 

I recommend never letting it drop below 60,  turn up effects and get into some heavy action and watch how low it drops during that action.

If it's comfortably maxed at 99 +   ,  Start cranking up your resolution step by step.

For going above ( or outside ) stock resolutions, the gamespy patch includes HD settings.  If you remain unpatched you need to edit your video.con file in notepad.  

This thread is the most common resource for that method.  If you choose that route you MUST save the video.con fine as READ ONLY otherwise the game will revert.  

Most likely, you will be using a stock resolution of 1024 * 968  as you mentioned performance issue,  I highly recommend 1440 * 900 with a 1.333 FOV if you can get there and maintain 60 fps.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com