Photo

Problems startin BF1942

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 naiche

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hello, dear friends!

After a long time  without any bf1942 I tried to play a round or two this late afternoon. But my Battlefield did NOT start. I am playing the original disc version (so without any Origin or stuff), I have Windows 7 (64bit) as OS. I came across any forum postings, that a security update of Win (dated yesterday) may cause those troubles.

My system asks like before, if BF is allowed to run (as administrator), I still answer "Yes".

This is, when the program shuts down. There are no further reported poblems under Win7 or something. So, well, last time I tried, it worked all well. I don't think that any Punkbuster Problems or something like that occured.

If anyone has a good idea, I would really appreciate that...

;-)

#2 Section8

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Right click 42 icon, (short cut) and click on properties. Click on "Run this program in campatibility mode for" and select service pack 3. Please understand my knowledge comes from Vista, service pack 2 and 32 bit but this may be the issue.

This was the go to info before game spy shut down. Now, having to patch your game (front page forums), its not as cut and dry.

#3 naiche

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

Hi there, thanks for your quick answer. I already run the game in compatibility to XP (Service Pack 3), also as Admin. This is the way, it worked before - so I really wondered about this "silent death" mode without any kind of given hints, where the problem could be founded in

#4 naiche

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

I solved the problem by now: it was a security update of win 7 (dated 09/09/2015) signed as: KB3086255. After I deinstalled it, bf1942 worked like it did before.

;-)

• Eliminator likes this

#5 Section8

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

Sweet! Good to hear. 

#6 dodgem

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hi Naiche, 

Sorry I didn't see this before.  

I believe if you install the Windows update and then run the server list patch (again), you should be able to play the game.  It may not be wise to go months on end without getting Windows' security updates.

Here's the patch:

http://team-simple.o...patch_v1.61.exe

#7 jerkymeat

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I would just like to thank naiche and others for posting their problems and solutions.  Just installed bf1942 on a win7 64bit.  I had it all patched and ready to rock and it wouldn't launch.  Deleting that security patch worked.  Also, thanks to Posi or whoever came up with the host redirect patch, because after a few games I couldn't add server via IP address and now things are working great!  Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com