Photo

Request increased default view range

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NavyRigger

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Greetings all!

You know me in TS and on the Dayz server as Dragunov.  I realize that there has been some frame rate issues because of everything being doubled, but this 800-900 view range is killing me, literally.  I realize that increasing the default view range would provide another FPS hit, but I for one am willing to trade a few frames in order to be able to see another 200-400 meters.  Essentially, you have to close within danger range of the mission just to be able to see the enemies, however, beyond our view range, the enemy can still see us.  I was taking fire from M2 mounts at a red mission when I was still 1100 meters away.  Its an eerie feeling watching tracers come at you from no where.  Secondly, the reduced view range renders long range weapons such as the AS50, M107, and the L115A2 Lapua pointless.  These weapons are designed to be used at long ranges, ranges that the AI has a hard time reacting to.  If we can only see up to 900 meters, we might as well stick to using DMR's and SVD's.  I realize that some people are piloting potatoes, and this view range increase might impact their game play performance, but im sure even they would appreciate the increased view range, despite the consequences.  I really hope the Admins will consider this issue and increase the view range.  

Your friendly neighborhood sniper,

Dragunov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com