Photo

Battlefield 1

gameplay!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Rubulator

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

All you need is love.... love.... love is all you need...

#82 Grassy

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

I really like the light tanks....if you play smart...you can do well.  The rapid fire shells and buckshot in the distance from advancing infantry can do some serious damage.

https://youtu.be/zfzsLXvMBy8

#83 Grassy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:41 AM

All classes are at level 10 and for now you can't advance any further until the update.  (hopefully)  See you in the 42 server soon!  :)

#84 K9

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...153705288331264

Kick/ban options coming in future update. Any recent talk from the Moon community on a server? Doesn't look like any external clients will be available for admins. POSSIBLE integration into the Battlefield Companion app per @Striterax.

If there's enough interest and all the new options satisfy admin responsibilities... I'd love to help out where/when I can. Including finances. 

w00f!!!

Origin:

MG_Tactical_K9

#85 Grassy

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

Kick/ban options coming in future update. Any recent talk from the Moon community on a server? Doesn't look like any external clients will be available for admins. POSSIBLE integration into the Battlefield Companion app per @Striterax.

If there's enough interest and all the new options satisfy admin responsibilities... I'd love to help out where/when I can. Including finances. 

w00f!!!

Origin:

MG_Tactical_K9

You play on PC or console?  I know a few others that are interested in this as well for PC.  I am going to do the PC thing soon over the next couple of weeks, time permitting.

#86 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

w00f!!!

Origin:

MG_Tactical_K9

Finances is the thing, a server costs $150 per half a year, I guess if we would get that together we could try running a server for 6months. Before we get the money, I think it is a good idea of what we would like to run as a server. Which settings do and don't we like to have in a server. 

What worries me is this: ''the new RSP servers will not support 3rd party tools like RCON or ProCON'', my question is how will we unban players, grant players admin rights etc.

#87 Grassy

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

Server control is the key, I do not think we will be able to put it on a box and run it, we would have to do it from a host company. If they can get the kinks worked out in the next couple of patches for server control, I would be happy to assist in sponsoring a server.
  • sagittarii likes this

#88 sagittarii

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

I played it in my time in down under on my buddies PC. When I came back I had to realize that my stupid "business" notebook can't run this wonderful game.

Why do they call it business, when you cant do serious business with it? Pfff!!!

*NeedsANewGamingTower*

• Rubulator likes this

#89 HARRY TRIGGER

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

Not being a computer guy. Can someone who is please let us know what specs a computer needs to run this game?

BF42 is the last PC game I have purchased that I enjoy.

Now if it is thru Steam, I personally find Steam to be very NON user friendly. I do par-take in another gaming venue. The new version of that is thru Steam. It makes me want to pull my hair out. :comp26:

#90 K9

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

I would suggest at least a GTX760. I ran a single 760 when BF1 had the SLI glitch. It worked out OK. However, if you're going to upgrade, might as well go for a 970 or something. If money is no object, go for the GTX 1070/1080 ($400-600). With a 760, you can't turn the graphics up very high, but it is playable. Ensure that your CPU doesn't bottleneck the new GPU.

The minimum requirements per EA:
Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

Recommended: 
Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Available Disk Space: 50GB

My specs:
http://www.microcent...esktop_computer
I made an upgrade to the GPU a few years back... SLI GTX 760 (definitely looking to upgrade to a new computer in general though). If you're in the market, I'd suggest: http://www.microcent...esktop_Computer

Grassy: Yes, I'm on PC. Origin name is MG_Tactical_K9
No box capabilities and the developers seem to be very against that for whatever reason. Here's to hoping for some remote management via the Battlefield Companion app...  :confused-smiley-013:

CJHM: From what I've seen, there will be in-game menus for admins to ban/unban people, as well as the ability for server owner to assign out other admin roles. I assume the ban list will just be a master list with everyone's names on it. I'm interested to see what other options they put in the game. Such as welcome messages, banners, server rules list, etc. Apparently the ability to view server chat logs will be integrated somehow... I've also heard rumors that privately owned servers will be at or near the top of the server browser (pending an update or change) for more exposure to the public. My main concern is seeding a server. I'm not sure if it's fixed, but a lot of complaints on forum boards regarding not being able to play (game won't start) without 10 people on the map. The cost is definitely expensive... Guess we should figure out exactly how much initial interest and $upport we'd receive from the community for this effort. 

Harry: I believe BF1 is only ran through Origin, which in my honest opinion, I'd rather use Steam. :(

#91 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I would suggest at least a GTX760. I ran a single 760 when BF1 had the SLI glitch. It worked out OK. However, if you're going to upgrade, might as well go for a 970 or something. If money is no object, go for the GTX 1070/1080 ($400-600). With a 760, you can't turn the graphics up very high, but it is playable. Ensure that your CPU doesn't bottleneck the new GPU.

Harry: I believe BF1 is only ran through Origin, which in my honest opinion, I'd rather use Steam. :(

*cough* AMD is good and cheaper *cough*

Origin < Steam < Hardcopy < Steam sale

#92 K9

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:36 PM

AyyyyyMD.

I'm interested in how their Ryzen CPUs stack up. They're also hyping their Vega GPUs... release date TBA. 

Meme GPUs, meme company, meme stock. But to each his/her own opinion :)

#93 Grassy

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Would someone please merge this with birney's post on BF1 gameplay?

• -=TheTroopeR=- likes this

#94 birney

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Having a little expieriance at editing that must of taken him hours and hours, if not days to put all that together in sync with the music. An absolutly brilliant piece of editing with the results being a great video! Good find grassy!

#95 K9

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

With the Winter Update, admins (singular) now are able to kick/ban players from the server. A map vote feature has also been added. 

Disappointing progress, considering they're still holding off on the following:

6 player start instead of 20

Password Protection

RSP priority over other servers in Quick Match selection

Authorizing additional admins

Not to mention there's so many more things we'd need. At this rate, a new half-assed broken Battlefield game will be released before Battlefield 1 is updated with comparable controls to BF1942.

:(

#96 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:30 AM

With the Winter Update, admins (singular) now are able to kick/ban players from the server. A map vote feature has also been added. 

Disappointing progress, considering they're still holding off on the following:

6 player start instead of 20

Password Protection

RSP priority over other servers in Quick Match selection

Authorizing additional admins

Not to mention there's so many more things we'd need. At this rate, a new half-assed broken Battlefield game will be released before Battlefield 1 is updated with comparable controls to BF1942.

:(

Maybe we'll have to wait for Battlefield 1942: 2

• Grinch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com