Photo

Omaha TDM ssm

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mistamontiel

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

So last time we got to do Omaha TDM it was altered for the worst

Chutes forced .. so every spawn is a half min of dicking around in the air :confused-smiley-013:

Also .. explosives removed .. that's not necessary even if I'd use explosive I only lob one @ a time

Please restore =}

#2 posi

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

The chutes were forced before,  the planes were lowered so it isn't a long drop.  Explosions, I recall the original version not having nades but my memory could be failing me.   I'm down with no nades though.

I was pleased with other additions, the hanomag was my suggestion over having arty in that position.   The surprise of having a portal to shank beach was a clever trick that I have never seen done server side.  

My thoughts are we should give this version some more play time and a fair chance.   

#3 Renlist

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:50 AM

Omaha TDM is a nice change of pace,  but only very occasionally.     

I prefer Conquest over TDM most of the time.  However, I like how on Stalingrad TDM, you can jump out third floor building windows and not get fall damage, lol.

Then again...it's simple death match. TDM doesn't have the appeal it had back in the day.

BTW, when was the last time Berlin CTF was offered up?   It's a fave CTF map of mine, especially when not so many are playing.  It's more zany fun than bigger CTF maps. I guess an admin has to be present during off peak hours in order to insert it.

I  prefer Berlin CTF over Berlin TDM.   Battleaxe CTF and most other CTF maps kinda suck nowadays, IMO.   Too large.  Berlin's CTF map is smaller, allowing for more action.  The other CTF maps often end up with a final score of 2 to 0, after 45 minutes!  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#4 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

Omaha TDM has less explosives than stock.

#5 Renlist

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

Can't the server be programmed to insert a "map rotaion" during non peak hours? 

Berlin CTF is a blast fest with just 14.   

Drive the APC (as Allied) up to the ruins near the Axis flag and park it there, for the team to ammo and health up. They never bother destroying it, lol.

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:04 AM

An admin can set a map like Berlin CTF, ask when an admin is around.

#7 mistamontiel

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

Ya thanks for thread jack Renny loool

Omaha TDM was changed , dogslow

#8 Grinch

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

The chutes were forced before,  the planes were lowered so it isn't a long drop.  Explosions, I recall the original version not having nades but my memory could be failing me.   I'm down with no nades though.

I was pleased with other additions, the hanomag was my suggestion over having arty in that position.   The surprise of having a portal to shank beach was a clever trick that I have never seen done server side.  

My thoughts are we should give this version some more play time and a fair chance.   

No the chutes were NOT forced before, the meatgrind version that was intense as hell, with the 2 planes facing each other much higher up, you could leap to almost anywhere on the map.

#9 Renlist

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

An admin can set a map like Berlin CTF, ask when an admin is around.

That pretty much sums it up and shuts my mouth. That last part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com