Photo

Did you know.....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Steve2112

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

that when you kill someone in game that just passed me, i then have a good idea of your location?  

that when the bots are acting weird or staying in the base, it means someone on the other team is near?

that when you're in a tank, someone with a zook can kill you with one shot?  So a good tanker will be looking around constantly?

Okay...I'm curious and will play! 

1) How do you know WHO killed someone in game that just passed you by? Was it a sniper? Was there a couple other enemies near? From what direction was someone in game that just passed you by killed? I get it....experienced players have advantages.

2)  What does it mean "when bots are acting weird"? How does a player know bots are "acting weird". I get it...experienced players have advantages...

3) How does a tanker "look around constantly"? While still maintaining long range fire. I get it.....experienced players have advantages. 

Now...these days...we hardly have noobs...just about everyone has SOME experience. And...let me make an analogy...without getting politically specific? "So and so needs impeached for breaking the law"...Well WHAT law? And no one says what law. So when "bots are acting weird"..some people may not know what that means. 

Sorry if I am way too serious for your funny thread! All points well made and should be well taken. And we should never accept trolling or trouble makers. But...I have said it before and saying it again...we should also accept noobs as well as people that just aren't very good....and be very patient with them. MOST the time...we are! It's a great group. Sometimes...not. 

One of the things that took me a long time to learn....the game....is probably NOT "fair". Often..it *is* your skill. And just as often it's your hardware, your server, your neighborhood internet traffic...and people that know the ins and outs of how the guts of the game (and internet gaming in general) work. I believe that sometimes we forget that pain in the arse people aren't doing it just for the sake of being in a pain in your arse. They probably ARE a little.... dense. Maybe from THEIR viewpoint...and what THEY see on their screen is different than what YOU see. 

In the end...thanks for putting up with us, as best you can.  :bow:

#22 posi

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:17 PM

Another factor is momentum.  I did read the entire thread before commenting.

Just saying,  I am known to be a mild challenge even on high ping.  When the other team has the momentum I am under the pin just like the rest of the team getting hammered.

Don't worry so much about it.  Top Tier players are looking at each other with hateful eyes anyway.  High KDR, is followed by looking at the Flag points, no flag points to match.  The thought is he's hanging back or flying high avoiding the pain you are feeling by being on front lines.  

Tankers/Def Gun - can use multiple camera views to pan around them.   When you approach a Def Gun and dude steps right out firing out you. This is why, he was changing his view to catch you.  You still have element of surprise and should win that battle.  Same with getting out of a jeep to stepping into a battle, not a winning plan for you.

Experienced players are often on vintage credentials and have been graded many times just for being on the server.   It is something to remember.  We have watched these players humorously noting what or who they didn't see.

Weird Bots :  There are only 4 of them.  They are made to be relatively stupid. I don't think anyone is noticing any helpful bot patterns.  That's gibberish in my opinion.  They act.. relatively the same, always.  

#23 Spare Parts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:18 PM

Weird Bots :  There are only 4 of them.  They are made to be relatively stupid. I don't think anyone is noticing any helpful bot patterns.  That's gibberish in my opinion.  They act.. relatively the same, always.  

The bots are actually set smart.  If someone is camping the bots won't leave the base.  They are set to take flags but I have noticed that they will not move on if enemy is near.  If you know where they spawned from and notice the line in which they run, you can get a good idea where to look for the enemy.  If you are in the windmill, they will look up.  The Spare Part bot is clever and self aware too.

#24 posi

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:43 AM

I'd retract my statement somewhat , mista noted how to eject them from honomag and obviously you've watched their behaviors.  

Need to rename them, spoke to one of the four briefly and..  well,  He wasn't happy about being a bot. 

#25 Lonestar

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

The bots are actually set smart.  If someone is camping the bots won't leave the base.  They are set to take flags but I have noticed that they will not move on if enemy is near.  If you know where they spawned from and notice the line in which they run, you can get a good idea where to look for the enemy.  If you are in the windmill, they will look up.  The Spare Part bot is clever and self aware too.

sometimes on market the bots will lead me to where max is lurking... i use them as bait and wait for max to reload before attacking LOL. they also know which roof bailers land on so i can throw some knice nades up there

• posi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com