Photo

Enhanced Economy Structure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SgtBarrett

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

After we get all the server moving ironed out, I'd love to see some discussion about advanced economics for the server.

For instance, why not allow cash crops like sunflowers, pumpkin seeds, etc, to be used for money making instead of helicopter hunting as the soul means of wealth gathering. If we increase the sell price of agriculture then building a farm base around an existing crop would bring a whole new dynamic to the game. On a PVP server this would be especially interesting. Protecting ones farm and the delivery of the crops to market would be quite interesting indeed. HEMP: In the real world this is used to create rope, clothing, medicines and other things besides just utensils for getting high. And it also looks like it will be legal across our country for medicinal purposes pretty soon. We should definitely include it.

And what about increasing the sell price of ground vehicles and reducing choppers a bit. Now the buy price should probably stay the same for choppers, but to drop the sell price would definitely change the dynamics of the economic framework of the game giving a needed boost to ground vehicles.

Also in the real world, prices are not the same at each vendor. One vendor has a higher demand for this product and less for that. Can we modify the prices a bit so that for instance, the Bash vendor has the highest price for Agriculture and the Stary vendor has the highest sell price for Vehicle parts and so on and so forth?

Anyone else have any ideas?

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I like the idea about the agriculture and I am really with you on the vehicle thing :)

#3 Irish_Trunks

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Different prices at different vendors is an excellent idea and actually makes sense. Could make selling a lot more interesting since bandit missions can often block the direct path to the proper vendor.

#4 Chronicly Gifted

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Sarge,
I like the idea of taking down the sale price for choppers and increasing the sale price for vehicles. I know when Sp33d and I play we pass up most vehicles and go straight for choppers. However, a Lada should not be worth a ton of gold or a hummer worth a lot less than now. It's going to be a fine line we dance around with this and will need some further discussion on what the prices will be set to. I like the general idea so you are not just chopper hunting but vehicle hunting.

I love the fact of having a farm, look at 7 Days to Die. They did a really good job with their crops. The biggest problem with a farm though is we would have to add in some new tools (like a hoe) and be able to actually til the land to plant crops. We should have to plant seeds add water to them and it should take a while for them to grow. An actual day until we can harvest crops would be awesome. Love the idea of growing hemp for sale, but i think we should be able to craft items out of the hemp we grow. The crafted hemp cloths, cording and the various other awesome items you can make out of hemp should sell for a good amount of gold. Also, i think hemp should take longer to grow. We should also add in about 6 different crops with various health benefits for each crop.

Just my 2 cents worth here.
Ill see ya on there later.

P.F.C. Chronicly Gifted

Yes i gave my self a promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com