Photo

Hello again everyone - OhTheHumanity!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OhTheHumanity!

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Hi everyone, most of you probably don't know me, but some of you may remember me from way back in the day. I was a BF1942 regular here back in the mid 2000s until 2006 when I got stupid and said things I shouldn't have.

Last night I apologized to Lin and today I'd like to apologize to everyone else, I was wrong and I offer a full Mea Culpa. In particular I'd like to apologize to Comet and Enforcer if they're still here. Enforcer I don't know if you were then or are now a police officer, but over the past 11 years I've come to learn more about the profession that my youthful idiocy allowed me to know and I've come to respect it greatly. Regardless, my words to you and to everyone here were inappropriate and unwarranted, and I would like to offer my most sincere and humble apologies for them. I was young and stupid, and now i'm old and (hopefully) less stupid.  :D

Comet called me out on my BS and I lashed out because of it, for that I'm sorry. I've carried this with me for 11 years, and I like to believe in never too late. Thank you to Lin for graciously accepting my apology and for allowing me to be removed from the disinvited status. Also, I have to say I'm amazed that Lin et al have kept this community going for so long, it's a credit to their leadership.

If there's anyone who I was a moron to 11 years ago and I haven't mentioned you I apologize and hope you can forgive me.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that people are still playing Battlefield 1942. In my mind EA has yet to make one as good, let alone better. BF2 was good, but it all went downhill from there IMO. If I can get it to run on my computer now I'd love to fire it up and play with the community once again. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer in that regard.

The memories I have of this place, before I became a moron, are wonderful and I'm happy to be back once again. I hope to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks for your time,
Murray (OhTheHumanity!)

• posi and Grassy like this

#2 Angerfist

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

Don't know if we met in the past and if we had trouble or not, anyway, welcome back.

If you have issues with getting the game running, let us know, we'll help.

• Rubulator likes this

#3 bondmaster

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

I remember you and I think it takes alot for a person to look back at the things they did and feel remorse. As we get older we also mature and with maturity comes wisdom.

Welcome back and I look forward to seeing you again on the battlefield!

Matt

#4 Grassy

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

I don’t remember you however, welcome back dude!!

#5 Enforcer

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

I was then, and I still am, and I am also still around.  I don't recall exactly what the issue was back then, but, to hear that you have matured some and experienced different things in life, that have led to a change in opinion about the profession.  Without getting too much on a tangent, I acknowledge there are bad apples out there, just like there are in every profession.  You know what they call the person who graduated dead last in medical school?   Doctor.  So, there are some people out there that should not be police.  But, I would say the large majority go to work, just like all of you, and so the job as best as they can.

Humanity, with age comes experience and wisdom from those experiences.  Being young and idealistic is the way of things and sometimes causes some friction with those that are less than idealistic.  So, apology accepted and welcome back into the fold.  Yes, we are still here and doing what we can to hang on to our little slice of the internet.  If you happen to see me in teamspeak, feel free to grab me and we can talk in person should you want to.

• Grassy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com