Photo

Installing DayZ Epoch for Arma2: OA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lin

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:03 PM

This post is a work in progress, could somone please confirm there are no additional steps.

It's been a long time and some things have changed since I installed, so let's see how much I can remember...and assemble! It is simpler than it used to be, thank heavens!

Important! We play DayZ Epoch, which is different from DayZ Mod.

You will need:

Purchase and download through Steam:
1. Arma2
2. Arma2: Operation Arrowhead
Preferably, get the Arma2: Complete Collection for higher def graphics!

Free download at http://epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php
3. DayZ Epoch mod
This is a torrent link; you will need a torrent app in order to download the mod. We will see if we can provide a rar/zip/7z version at a later date.

Please follow these directions. Starting each game as you install is crucial, as shared components need to be installed as well.

Installation:
1. Install Arma2. Immediately after installation, start and enter the game until you get to the menu screen.
2. Install Arma2:OA. Immediately after installing OA, start and enter the game again until you get to the menu screen.
3. Follow the Manual Client install instructions on the DayZ Epoch site to install DayZ Epoch.
From a Youtube FYI:
Once you get the DayZ Epoch download, extract it into (copy the @DayZ_Epoch folder into) your Arma2:Operation Arrowhead folder. This will be found similar to the following path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
Launch Arma2:OA, and in the menu you will see Expansions. Make sure that DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 is enabled. Close, then follow the How To Launch tutorial in the link below.

Be sure to set your game name up in the Profile section before you enter any servers, or the game will take your computer name as your profile name.

Now, go to the post to set Launching parameters here.

Edited by Thirteen, 10 June 2016 - 08:07 PM.
Made clickable URL for epochmod.com/a2dayzepoch.php

#2 SgtBarrett

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:21 PM

DAYZLAUNCHER

• DayZLauncher has a new interface. 
  • Search for Moon and the servers will pop up.  Then click the down arrow icon on the right and it will notify you of missing mods and ask to download them.

• gen_stallonee likes this

#3 Skuttlefoot

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hey Lin! Hey Barrett!

Just wanted to confirm your guidance is still on point as of 1/27/2018. Also want to post a resolution just in case anyone runs into an issue in the future.

Initially I couldn't join the server. Kept kicking me with the message that I was using a modified data file.

I have all my Arma games running through steam so I went to each and verified their file integrity with no luck. Spent several hours deleting files, verifying, etc.

Finally, I uninstalled all Arma games and deleted any file I could find related to Arma 2.

I installed Arma 2, and Arma 2 AO on Steam.

I opened DZLauncher and downloaded Dayz_Epoch on the mods tab. (I did not re-install Dayz on Steam)

Once that was finished I logged into A2 and A2AO splash screens, exited, opened DZLauncher, found the server and loaded in without any further issue.

Look forward to seeing you in game and/or TS!

~Skuttle

• CrDraggin, SgtBarrett and Treleifin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com