Photo

Well well well

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KrautKiller

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:56 PM

#2 Capn Cackler

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

Nice to meet ya on the forums Kraut! I'm newer here (2 yrs roughly) and I'm always curious about people. I love WWII history as well, you said European battlefields are yer thing, but which side of Europe? I'm more interested in the African theatre myself, but what is yer favourite battlefield in Europe? Also, what instrument you play? :D

#3 KrautKiller

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:54 PM

Nice to meet ya on the forums Kraut! I'm newer here (2 yrs roughly) and I'm always curious about people. I love WWII history as well, you said European battlefields are yer thing, but which side of Europe? I'm more interested in the African theatre myself, but what is yer favourite battlefield in Europe? Also, what instrument you play? :D

• Capn Cackler likes this

#4 Wasabi®

Posted 10 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

KK, check out my Normandy photos (went to Caen / Omaha Beach / Pointe du Hoc in 2011)

http://www.moongamer...topic=66902&hl=

• KrautKiller likes this

#5 Capn Cackler

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:56 PM

Old timers on here mostly refer to me as KK. Which is a name of a tank in the movie Patton. Back in the day, the name was not well received on some servers residing in germany and was kicked constantly before shortening it. 

I would of guessed by your pic you liked N. Africa haha It was on my places to go until the uprisings in 2011 and the raid on Benghazi in 2012 persuaded to go elsewhere...

Anyway, mostly Western Europe (including 1 trip to Crete and a couple of other greek isles where the Italians and Germans had bases) but have been to Hungary and Czech Repub. My family fought in France and Italy and that's where my interest started as a kid. Grandmother's brother was killed the night before the Battle of San Pietro started on Dec 8th. Sniper got him when he turned on a small penlight in his tent studying the attack routes. He was a company commander in the 143rd. I went there, visited most of the battle lines including Monte Cassino, and of course visited him at the American Cemetery in Nettuno. One other relative landed in Normandy and survived the war.

Cool, KK, I like the west front too, a very interesting and different battlefield both times it was traversed. Yes, my profile pic is my fav general, mostly for the insane luck he had and a complete miracle that he never got caught or killed with his "lead from the front" style!

#6 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:34 AM

Hey KK!

#7 KrautKiller

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

KK, check out my Normandy photos (went to Caen / Omaha Beach / Pointe du Hoc in 2011)

http://www.moongamer...topic=66902&hl=

#8 Wasabi®

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

I was there in October 2011, it was pleasant. I wanted to go back this year (75th anniversary of end of WW2) but obviously COVID. 

I don't know those names, I'm afraid I'm nowhere near a WW2 nerd that you are...:P

#9 KrautKiller

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

I was there in October 2011, it was pleasant. I wanted to go back this year (75th anniversary of end of WW2) but obviously COVID. 

I don't know those names, I'm afraid I'm nowhere near a WW2 nerd that you are... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com