Photo

Take a good look at this this topic. Picture says a thousand words.

Mismanagement big time

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 Harriet Tubman

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

Sorry but a big reason moon struggles deals with something completely out of their control. The NA player base can't even hold a candle to that of Europe any more. There are at least double the amount of European players... which is why the one or two servers over there are always populated. It has almost nothing to do with how anything is administrated. If you were to go complain like this to those Euro servers you would just get laughed at. Map rotation has absolutely nothing to do with why the server isn't as populated any more.

hey u stupid commie how about u dont talk down to me and try to make em look stupid and pathetic. u just dont get it cuz u dont know how a democracy works. moon has 2 choices to bring the playerbase back to 64/64 at all times. 1 put it on guadalcanal ctf and gazala no vehicles 24/7 or bee let the same 6 players who are on in morning just keep revoting for berlin/stalin. now listen up gregepp u dork that no one has even heard of, unlike u and the moon admins, i actually have my hand on the pulse of the community. i talks to all da players that have left and they all say its one of the 2 options i listed above as to y they dont play anymore. it has nothing to do with moving on in life or finding new games to play or trying to get away from cancerous players.

• Lin, posi, gregefc and 1 other like this

#22 Colonel Tavington

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

Attached File  hat.jpg   58.54KB   0 downloads

• LeftMouseShoot?, Grinch, The Muffin Man and 1 other like this

#23 posi

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

'A - ' on your thesis Col HT 

You missed this bit.

'I been playin da game for 9 , how many fingers are there..  wait 10  TEN years , and NO ONE is that good!  If you don't BAN D MAN , I'm Leaving THIS Stuuuupid server and taking ALL THREE of my frins wid me!"  

#24 Colonel Tavington

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Photo%252520Aug%25252011%25252C%25252020

• Lin, posi and Angerfist like this

#25 Grassy

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

I have logged in the server in the past couple of days and in late afternoon to early evening I have noticed 20 plus players.  Admin Spare Parts was tagged up and keeping things rolling...In addition I haven't noticed any camping issues that were out of hand that required the camping rule implemented.

Nicely done!

#26 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:04 PM

Map rotation has absolutely nothing to do with why the server isn't as populated any more.

Prove this. Its easy to say all this stuff but back it up and prove it. Change rotation to strictly small map CTF and TDM for one week and compare populations.

We're not putting CTF and TDM into rotation period 

Please just tryyyyyyyyyyy it you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't have to be permanent, you have the power to undo anything. Just try.

• mistamontiel, Grinch and VampireMoose like this

#27 gregefc

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

okay, I may accept that you have a point with the small map ctf/tdm... but it would only create another problem. if you are running berlin/stali tdm/ctf or any smaller infy style map quite often... its going to bring in the best infantry players and people will now only bitch about not being able to kill anyone. lol. funny how all of this works.

and honestly I would put money on my opinion that changing it to anything will cause an increase in population. its way, way beyond that not. the common 1942 player now just wants to log on and play whatever is running. gone are the days that you could cater to a large group of people that liked a specific map or specific mode. but then again ht is right. what do I know?

• LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#28 Grassy

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

played again today for a bit...and actually played a few maps mid afternoon to early evening...admins on duty,...about 25 to over 30  peeps at times...no problems at all.   Saw Sag..no Scope and Twilight...all were on point with handling things..

Fun map of the day was Midway...good scraps :)

• Captain John H. Miller likes this

#29 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

greg,

I agree that people will bitch about changes. There is no magical formula on which maps and modes to run at specific times to please everyone. I do not agree with your statement on the average player wanting to play whatever is being ran.

Now the thing about your post and what I just said..... still speculation.

The only way to find out if a major change will help population....

*drum roll please*

TRY.

Side note, last night when I logged in Moon was beaing beat out in population by a DC server (ie: people who know of its existance and went out of their way to get it) playing Al Nas (small map) CTF.

I'm not going to make any case for argument on this one instance, but will throw it out there.

#30 gregefc

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

I'll give you the DC argument. There are still people who even play FH. 90 percent of these people have always played these mods though and don't often touch the vanilla side of the game. They will die out before the vanilla servers so. In the same way the GC, Pirates, and IS82 servers did. I can remember a time when cutthroats and scurvydogs had 32 man servers full at all times for pirates.

I just don't believe the subtle tweaks and smaller maps will chage anything at all over an extended period of time. Whether they try or not is up to them. I strongly believe most people are jpining servers based off of two things... their ping to the server and the population of said options.
  • LeftMouseShoot? likes this

#31 LeftMouseShoot?

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Scurvy dogs..... Oh I once knew a few members of them. Still owe one of them a backhand if I ever find them.

#32 Catman

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Sorry but a big reason moon struggles deals with something completely out of their control. The NA player base can't even hold a candle to that of Europe any more. There are at least double the amount of European players... which is why the one or two servers over there are always populated. It has almost nothing to do with how anything is administrated. If you were to go complain like this to those Euro servers you would just get laughed at. Map rotation has absolutely nothing to do with why the server isn't as populated any more.

Could not agree more.  I actually think the Euro player base is at least 3x the amount of NA & SA combined. 

While I do think the map rotation helps (like Market Garden and Bocage); I detest some of the mods.  For examples, I think there is an imbalance on Market Garden.  You added planes for axis, but added what for allied?  Nothing, but swapped out the mustangs for spitfires.  I think you should add M10 and Sherman to the allied main base.  It isn't fun when axis has all flags capped. 

A week ago, we played Berlin CTF, which was a lot of fun but there were tanks... A heavy tank and light tank for both sides.  After 45 minutes, I don't think any flags were captured.  Berlin CTF should be nothing but jeeps and APCs.

I do agree with Grassy regarding camping the main bases.  I find that admins who are part of the base-camping team do not tell the team to back off but if the admins are part of the team being camped, they tell other team to back off. 

I recently came back to BF1942 after 4-5 years, and I do miss playing BF1942. 

• Grassy and Grinch like this

#33 Renlist

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

The only problem I see is not having someone around to advance to the next map after the server crashes.

#34 pinchythelobster

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Can you consider disabling or lower timer for the free map or whatever it is? When you die, people can move the camera around and find you.
  • Grinch likes this

#35 Grassy

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Can you consider disabling or lower timer for the free map or whatever it is? When you die, people can move the camera around and find you.

it would help smooth the game out as well  as far as lag

• Grinch likes this

#36 posi

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

I disagree with Mod Scene opinions.  

FHSW - Will outlast Vanilla, not the other way around.

More roaming players between mods than you think.

IS82 , Not dead.. sends its players out to mod events generating goodwill.

G.C.  Not dead , Events on Saturdays , 40th anniversary of Star Wars coming up this week.  

The team-simple Expansions server and Custom Map server haven't been on the scene that long.  They are doing well.

and Hairy , El Nas CTF always draws them in.   I was in that game.

#37 gregefc

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:43 PM

I understand the mods aren't dead, but they are absolutely nothing compared to what they used to be and there is no denying that fact.

I standby my opinion that vanilla will outlast every one of them. It's 100x easier to play. It's even harder to get newer people to download and commit to a full mod.
  • Grassy likes this

#38 Grassy

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

I understand the mods aren't dead, but they are absolutely nothing compared to what they used to be and there is no denying that fact.

I standby my opinion that vanilla will outlast every one of them. It's 100x easier to play. It's even harder to get newer people to download and commit to a full mod.

More peeps will get vanilla first..some may bite and some won't..however it will keep the stats up for vanilla as opposed to those who like it and search for mods...on the other side of the coin though...FH is an awesome mod...no questions about it!

#39 gregefc

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

The full conversion mods that have succeeded due to the open source of the game has a lot to do with the longevity of this game.

#40 Twilight

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

it would help smooth the game out as well  as far as lag

This is absolute conjecture, and wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com