Photo

Take a good look at this this topic. Picture says a thousand words.

Mismanagement big time

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Grassy

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

That comes with the territory of being a great player or superior at what you do.

#82 Angerfist

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

I understand that the original topic is different than this, but I wanted to address some of the recent posts in this thread.

There are situations that develop where the argument of "players need to get good" simply does not apply.  A combination of factors can make one team so vastly superior than the other that there is no way any sort of strategy will make a difference.  This sort of superiority of one team over another is what drives players away and makes games miserable.  No amount telling players they need to get better will change the fact that there is nothing a losing team can do in that situation.  

For example, yesterday in a round of Battleaxe, axis had an ace pilot.  This pilot was not actively baseraping or anything like that, but they were efficiently taking out any piece of armor that left allied main.  The other axis pilot was doing the work of base raping and runway strafing.  These two pilots essentially prevented allies from having effective planes or tanks for the duration of the round.  Axis also had a couple of players who were decent with a tank staying in defensible positions pinning down infantry leaving the allied main.  Finally, axis had one of those veteran snipers that was just picking off infantry left and right trying to get flags.  This sniper would periodically get into a wespe to lay down arty on flags under attack.  Being on allied in this example is downright miserable.  It sucks the fun right out of the game because it's simply a matter of futility where there's nothing you can do.  You have no air support because of that ace pilot, no armor support because of that pilot, enemy tanks being in good positions, and enemy infantry that infiltrate main bases to mine/steal equipment.  Your only choice is to go infantry, where you're constantly under attack from all directions.

This is the type of experience that drives players to hang around in main, or go off in jeeps to mess around and at least have a little bit of fun.  They are not the ones to blame for the situation they're in, it's the choices of the players of the other team that lead to it.  For players who are not as good to get better, they need competition, not constant death from opposing players in positions that are impossible to fight back against.  Unfortunately, it seems to be common for the more experienced players to get into unbeatable positions and to then destroy the other team.

Here's a list of questions for players to ask themselves:

1. Are you in a position in which it is nearly impossible for an opposing player to kill you?
  2. Is your team winning by a large margin?
  3. Would you consider yourself a reason why your team is winning by so much?

If you answered YES to all three of those, please consider switching teams to improve the competitiveness and enjoyment of the round for all players. 

Hornet, your description is absolutely correct.

But the problem is :

A lot of good players I know did often switch to the losing team to help out, including myself, and still do it today once in a while.

I personally though witnessed that the players who can't break out without help mostly simply try to reach the enemy main to camp. Normal flags don't matter to a lot of players, and that focus on maincamping is one reason for the lack of skills. I know I'm able to help to turn a map around, but my motivation to do so is pretty low because I don't want to fight my ass off everytime so that less skilled guys can get their easy kills in the enemy main, using half of the equipment for that  instead of supporting the team at the flags.

It's pretty bizarre when players whine about stacks, but have no problem with a stack on their own team camping the enemy main. But that's where we are today.

#83 Bot

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

GET GOOD, GREG

• Angerfist and gregefc like this

#84 gregefc

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

GET GOOD, GREG

shut ur mouth kid

• Angerfist likes this

#85 Steve2112

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

No one is asking for protection. I am sure of that.

It is a game, which in turn means it is meant to be played as fun. Correct?

Throwing out there "Get Good" kinda makes me chuckle. It is just a game, Correct?

I fail to understand anyone, who plays a game, has to get upset with the game.

If for one minute you feel wronged by this game or any others. Then I would venture to guess you are not matured enough to be playing .

Thanks for reading.

Isn't it great that we can agree to disagree....     :)

Oh and PS. Isn't it funny how after this thread has reached 4 pages, how far from the original post of this thread we all have

went way way away from the original topic.

We humans are such silly creatures.

I realize I am not helping the original topic.... :D   But....I think it's a logical progression in discussions...and not silly at all. I believe it has made great things. "one thing leads to another". It's a good thing...it's human expression and creativity. Now...there are certainly a lot of silly things about us....for example we are upset Erin Moran passed away but don't care 22 military service veterans commit suicide every day...BUT...spirited and diverse conversation...is one of our unique traits and more often an asset than  a curse. 

#86 Bot

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

ok

#87 Angerfist

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

[ INSERT RANDOM OFF TOPIC POST HERE ]

• Grassy and Bot like this

#88 Colonel Tavington

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

I wasn't upset about Erin Moran passing away.

#89 -=TheTroopeR=-

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

I play this weekend and had a bliss, great numbers and game, thank you moonies !!

• sagittarii, Steve2112 and Eliminator like this

#90 Steve2112

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Can't find delete button.  :(

• Angerfist likes this

#91 Steve2112

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

x

[ INSERT RANDOM OFF TOPIC POST HERE ]

I understand. You have trouble with creative diverse conversation without anger. It's okay. I understand.

• Angerfist likes this

#92 Steve2112

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

dele

• Angerfist likes this

#93 Moving Target

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

I look forward to a little bit of R2R and SW in a couple hours for a little bit. May my kills outnumber my deaths.

#94 Colonel Tavington

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

And may you be in heaven a half-an-hour before the devil knows you're dead.

• Steve2112 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com