Photo

Admins don't know the rules

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Detroit

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

That subject title will get attention.

Sunday night  4/16/2017  around 11:00pm  / 2300   I was kicked by the admin who apparently does not know the server rules.   He/she didn't like the name (Kim Jong un). 

The name did not violate server rules.

Moongamers Name Policy:
Moon server players must have a name. No-names and names with single symbols and/or single punctuation are not allowed. Also, no advertising names please i.e., political statements, web site urls, etc. Racist or offensive names will also not be tolerated. Namejacking (taking someone else's name) is not allowed.

The closest you can get to any rule violation and this is a great stretch is political. - That's stretching beyond reason.    The name is not racist, or offensive.   Someone named Hitler is used yet no kick.

The intent was for fun from a humorous comment made a few days ago, nothing more.

Sooooo the  admin has a hissy and kicks me.  Funny, earlier in the evening for at least an hour ( other admins were in the game )  I played under that name and for the past few days as well.   Suddenly it is not allowed. 

Why have and post  the rules if they are going to be applied by how the admin "feels" .     

< / end rant>

#2 Spare Parts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

Someone in the game came in with the name Nuke North Korea, not sure who, but an Admin kicked them.  Then I guess the Admin saw your new name and asked you to change it.  Now Pay attention please, right there, when they asked you to change your name and you didnt, thats why they kicked you.  You coming back with the same name asking "why" does not help your case at all after that.  I'm afraid this is a case of a player not knowing the rules.  When you are asked to do something by an Admin you do it.  If you think its unfair, by all means come here and air your gripes.  I did not kick you, but I watched the whole thing.  I'm sorry Dr. Detroit, this is not your server, it is not my server, we are allowed to play here.  If you think you should be allowed to use the name Kim Jong Un, perhaps you have a point.  If you think you can ignore an Admins request, you're wrong. 

• Lin likes this

#3 Dr. Detroit

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:58 PM

Oh, now I am banned.....................  Well done.

#4 Angerfist

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Once in a while, we make smaller mistakes on purpose so that people like you can hit the big drum as the reaction to a minor mistake. Looks like you enjoyed it.

• Joker (Aut), Captain John H. Miller and Grassy like this

#5 Dr. Detroit

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

Hi Spare Parts,

I never seen the request to change my name.   I don't always read the text messages but focus on not getting killed.     Had I seen the requested message, I would have changed the name.   It was not until the third time I was kicked did I  see his response - then without having a chance to go to the console and change my name - he kicks me and it appears I am banned too.    All he had to do once he seen I was in dialog, he could have given me the opportunity to change the name.      According to the rules , I did not violate anything.     

I'm not a known rule breaker so a little latitude should have been considered.    It is a public server - hence the rules should be applied evenly not whimsically .  I have to disagree with you that I did not know the rules. 

#6 Dr. Detroit

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

Once in a while, we make smaller mistakes on purpose so that people like you can hit the big drum as the reaction to a minor mistake. Looks like you enjoyed it.

Looks like everyone else is enjoying also !     Would you mind unbanning me so that an I put down the drum sticks and  get out the joystick ?  

Here come the joystick jokes.............................

#7 Grinch

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

The sheer oversensitivity and political correct hierarchy appear to be approaching a volcanic eruption like level.

I am told I am excitable, and this is true, it appears a good many of the admins are just as excitable and fiery which is just fine.

Telling people they are stupid and insulting their gameplay is also fine, we all do it to a point.

Tempers are fraying as they are out in the world I guess, too many rules.

#8 Lin

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

No. It is a private server, not a public one. I answered your question of "why was I kicked". You received the response and again, instead of complying you started to argue. You did not comply with the request, you argued.

Playing here is a privilege, not a right. When an admin requests something of you, we are not going to waste our time nor everyone else's game time being drawn into an argument. We simply require compliance.

#9 Dr. Detroit

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

No. It is a private server, not a public one. I answered your question of "why was I kicked". You received the response and again, instead of complying you started to argue. You did not comply with the request, you argued.

Playing here is a privilege, not a right. When an admin requests something of you, we are not going to waste our time nor everyone else's game time being drawn into an argument. We simply require compliance.

I did not argue,  not one iota.   After the first kick, I returned only to be immediately kicked again.  I returned again asking why, that's when I seen the " Your Name"   then <BAM> kicked without a chance to change my name.

Review the game log, you will see I offered no argument.    As spare Parts stated - it is foolish to argue with an admin - I agree with that.   I am not that hard headed. 

#10 Lin

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

The sheer oversensitivity and political correct hierarchy appear to be approaching a volcanic eruption like level.

I am told I am excitable, and this is true, it appears a good many of the admins are just as excitable and fiery which is just fine.

Telling people they are stupid and insulting their gameplay is also fine, we all do it to a point.

Tempers are fraying as they are out in the world I guess, too many rules.

I've read this three times and still have no clue what you're on about. There was no emotion or excitement, no political correctness involved, no temper. This is a game server, and for the same reason that we ban political names in a political climate, the name he decided to wear is of a man who is threatening to nuke our country. Yes, the player name of Nuke North Korea had something to do with the request as well. If we were running a debate venue then perhaps these choices of names would be more appropriate, but we're not. We run game servers.

#11 Lin

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

Rather than changing your name and complying, you argued.

4/16/2017 19:58:34 : # [Global] Kim Jong-Un:  Why ?
4/16/2017 19:58:43 : # [Global] Kim Jong-Un:  it is not offensive

As I said before, I was not going to be drawn into an argument then, and I'm not interested in carrying one on now.

Good night.

#12 Angerfist

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:42 AM

Looks like everyone else is enjoying also !     Would you mind unbanning me so that an I put down the drum sticks and  get out the joystick ?  

Here come the joystick jokes.............................

I guess you didn't get my point.

My point was :

It's absolutely legit to come to the forums if you think that a mistake was made / that you were treated in an unfair way. I wasn't there when it happened, but Spare's explanation shows that it could be a justified Admin move regarding the context. Or maybe the Admin made a mistake. If he did, so what ? Who doesn't make mistakes ? No reason to exaggerate like this.

But even if you were correct with your judgement of this situation, I can't really see why two kicks are reason enough to escalate like that.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but you aren't presenting yourself in the best way when you turn this single incident (which can be easily clarified in the forums without drama) into "Admins don't know the rules" and "I was kicked by the admin who apparently does not know the server rules" (he might have misinterpreted one rule, that's it).

I have no clue if or why you are banned, but I'll follow the Admin manual here like a bozz now and leave it to the banning Admin to explain / react on your request for unban. According to the protocols, it probably will make things quicker if you post an unban request in the unban area.

#13 gregefc

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

Grinch, literally nobody likes you. Never have, never will. Get good.

But on a more serious note, I see you (detroit) asking for a little bit of understanding because you are not known for breaking the rules... why can't you do the same for the admins? Instead you immediately come on here and try to pick a fight. If you want some leeway, shouldnt you give the administration team a little bit as well?

This place has become infested with crybabies and it is actually quite depressing. Everyone always has to bitch about something, complain about someone ruining their gameplay, talk about so and so being too good or hacking. You guys blame the server population drop on administration map choices... I think it's because nobody wants to play with a bunch of whine bags. There are plenty of NA players that choose to play Euro servers. Probably because of you players that throw fits.

Grinch talks about the sensitivity of the admin team... I'm pretty sure it's the player base that has become oversensitive to every little thing. God forbid a good pilot rack up a score and camp them. God forbid an admin run Philippines. God forbid an admin not be on at every single moment in time. God forbid anything happen that they dont like.

Get good and quit crying.

Happy Easter.

#14 Grassy

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

I am one of the most guilty of banging the big drum, when there is a different approach of resolve, given the climate of possible nuclear conflict in Korea, the admin made a call, I have been asked a couple of times to stand down in the server and complied. Did I like it? Nope. However after going outside and getting some air, I realized that the server isn't the place to do it.

Dr. D. You are an asset to whichever team you are on. That's a fact. I have actually been kicked from servers because my name has the word ass in it..lol

Don't sweat the small stuff bro, you're better than that. I can assure you this is nothing personal from the admin team, sometimes we have to bend with the wind.
  • King of the Squirrels likes this

#15 Colonel Tavington

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

#16 Renlist

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

This place has become infested with crybabies and it is actually quite depressing. Everyone always has to bitch about something, complain about someone ruining their gameplay, talk about so and so being too good or hacking. You guys blame the server population drop on administration map choices... I think it's because nobody wants to play with a bunch of whine bags. There are plenty of NA players that choose to play Euro servers. Probably because of you players that throw fits.

Grinch talks about the sensitivity of the admin team... I'm pretty sure it's the player base that has become oversensitive to every little thing. God forbid a good pilot rack up a score and camp them. God forbid an admin run Philippines. God forbid an admin not be on at every single moment in time. God forbid anything happen that they dont like.

Happy Easter.

What a trooper Pollyanna you are.  Every and any complaint is a whine. 

#17 gregefc

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Happy Easter.

What a trooper Pollyanna you are. Every and any complaint is a whine.
Is that all you got, tough guy?

#18 posi

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Subject line is ludicrous :  'Admin(s) do not know the rules'  

Each Admin signs off on each rule individually , then goes through a training period.  Then they are watched for an extended time while being trained.  If they miss a cue, restart the process by signing off on the rules and repeating training.   

Players will often read the rules and attempt to stand in a Grey Area they think they have found and say :   Well 'technically' the rules say .. "........."    !! 

The game of 'Look at me' while attempting to strike a nerve in staff or the playerbase,   All of this has been done, it's a bore and we just don't care,  even if there are only 4 people on the server we will still kick one player who is trolling without hesitation and let the server just die.  It doesn't mean we are 'overly' anything.  

Did the player come to play the game of Battlefield 1942 or to play other 'games' with us or the players?  It's that simple.

Admins or well known players will often use an incognito so that they can relax and play without being hassled.  If your not subject to that, the greatest thing you can do is stick to ONE name and help form the Moongamers and Battlefield 1942 communities..  and then just...   PLAY.

Let me add that, Staff does not bully or target players.  We have peers here and quite a few of them.  We wouldn't tolerate that of each other. 

#19 Renlist

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

Happy Easter.

What a trooper Pollyanna you are. Every and any complaint is a whine.
Is that all you got, tough guy?

An admin present should try and populate the server, especially on a Saturday afternoon USA time. 17 players present, hoping for more.  Midway map was inserted by an admin and the Iwo Jima map was next. It didn't exactly stimulate server interest.  In fact, it did just the opposite. 

Midway isn't the map to insert when building server interest on a Saturday afternoon.   I already explained the reasons above if you read back. Midway totally put everyone to sleep.  Then Iwo Jima being the next map (on rotation) just about did it for me last Saturday.

Can better choices be made?  I believe so. 

#20 sagittarii

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

The reason why I applied for adminship were bad map choices these days. Think about it =)

• Angerfist likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com