Photo

Admins don't know the rules

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Renlist

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:23 AM

The reason why I applied for adminship were bad map choices these days. Think about it =)

WELL THEN...hang around on a Saturday afternoon and if you have to,  use your powers to insert a map other than Midway or The Phillipines map on a 10 vs.10 map, when the weekend crowd is joining in.

I'm sorry.  I guess The Philippines or Midway map is a good one to insert when the server is 10 vs. 10 and trying to get more players on a Saturday afternoon (USA time).

It only takes 4 minutes after each dead spawn to encounter the enemy again (10 vs.10).  Action packed!!!

Everyone had an average of 0.1 kills per minute.  Did I mention that already?

:party1:

#22 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:33 AM

The reason why I applied for adminship were bad map choices these days. Think about it =)

WELL THEN...hang around on a Saturday afternoon and if you have to,  use your powers to insert a map other than Midway or The Phillipines map on a 10 vs.10 map, when the weekend crowd is joining in.

I'm sorry.  I guess The Philippines or Midway map is a good one to insert when the server is 10 vs. 10 and trying to get more players on a Saturday afternoon (USA time).

It only takes 4 minutes after each dead spawn to encounter the enemy again (10 vs.10).  Action packed!!!

Everyone had an average of 0.1 kills per minute.  Did I mention that already?

:party1:

Can't you keep that midway thing in one topic?

#23 Grassy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

Ren this may change your mind

#24 Steve2112

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Subject line is ludicrous :  'Admin(s) do not know the rules'  

Each Admin signs off on each rule individually , then goes through a training period.  Then they are watched for an extended time while being trained.  If they miss a cue, restart the process by signing off on the rules and repeating training.   

Players will often read the rules and attempt to stand in a Grey Area they think they have found and say :   Well 'technically' the rules say .. "........."    !! 

The game of 'Look at me' while attempting to strike a nerve in staff or the playerbase,   All of this has been done, it's a bore and we just don't care,  even if there are only 4 people on the server we will still kick one player who is trolling without hesitation and let the server just die.  It doesn't mean we are 'overly' anything.  

Did the player come to play the game of Battlefield 1942 or to play other 'games' with us or the players?  It's that simple.

Admins or well known players will often use an incognito so that they can relax and play without being hassled.  If your not subject to that, the greatest thing you can do is stick to ONE name and help form the Moongamers and Battlefield 1942 communities..  and then just...   PLAY.

Let me add that, Staff does not bully or target players.  We have peers here and quite a few of them.  We wouldn't tolerate that of each other. 

Although I can understand the weariness of it....I'm sad that you (admin) feel this way about attending to questions and objections. In some regard, admin are like lawyers; a bridge between a citizen and the law, you are the bridge between the gamers and the owners/execs (the law) of the servers. Can you imagine what it's like to be a lawyer that does...say manslaughter DUI, murders and rapes (to just go right to extreme for effect) CONSTANTLY? Must not only be repetitive but so heartbreaking. 

But anyway....you'd surely know more than I about what type of people and questions you deal with. And that certain gamers are more...problematic...than others.  I imagine you have to muster up some real patience and tolerance for them. But, if they aren't breaking any rules, the still do deserve it. In my very humble opinion of course. The Law might disagree  :unsure:

#25 posi

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

Your law reference is obscure. For the correct analogy it would be the guy who shows up in court wearing flip flops and no shirt.

Ok,  I brought my shoes... laced them together and they are around my neck.  So technically I have shoes!

....at some point the dress would be addressed so the business of the court can continue and the attention is not on one person.

In our game, you can wear flip flops, no shirt no problem, no underwear.. we won't tell.  It's a more relaxed environment than any Court sir.  Just don't wear or say something so racist, sexually explicit or offensive it makes someone else want to leave.

#26 Steve2112

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Your law reference is obscure. For the correct analogy it would be the guy who shows up in court wearing flip flops and no shirt.

Ok,  I brought my shoes... laced them together and they are around my neck.  So technically I have shoes!

....at some point the dress would be addressed so the business of the court can continue and the attention is not on one person.

In our game, you can wear flip flops, no shirt no problem, no underwear.. we won't tell.  It's a more relaxed environment than any Court sir.  Just don't wear or say something so racist, sexually explicit or offensive it makes someone else want to leave.

Alright...fair enough. I deserved that! I was trying to be sympathetic, while at the same time being a bit critical...and failing miserably at both. I have commitment problems. Problem is I haven't been committed. But not my fault...I don't think they have loonie bins any more.  :hap2:

#27 Spare Parts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

Alright...fair enough. I deserved that! I was trying to be sympathetic, while at the same time being a bit critical...and failing miserably at both. I have commitment problems. Problem is I haven't been committed. But not my fault...I don't think they have loonie bins any more.  :hap2:

Or???... Are you already here,.... with us...., inside the looney bin?

#28 Steve2112

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

:yikes:  :yikes:  :yikes:

#29 posi

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

• Spare Parts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com