Photo

vehicle clean-up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stellarfirefly

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Just asking, but does the vehicle clean-up script on this server properly delete vehicles whose only existing keys lie inside of the vehicles' cargo itself?  In other words, the vehicle is forever inaccessible because you can't get the key to unlock it to get the key.  >_>

I'm asking because I know that most other servers have this issue.  The default SQL cleanup script does not check for this specific situation, at least not the last time I looked at it.  (It's still an issue in default Epoch 1.0.6.1.)  Most servers simply rely on vehicle decay to eventually delete them after 3 weeks, but that can add to clutter and negatively impact performance on very active servers, especially those whose players try to use that method to "donate" mission vehicles to newer players.

#2 CrDraggin

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

The default provided key script does run, but we also run a last used script. If a vehicle has not been accessed or moved for longer than 21 days, it will be deleted. 

#3 stellarfirefly

Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Roger that.  I tested it as well, and verified that an only-key locked within the vehicle will still not delete right away.  I'll just be careful to not actually climb into any mission vehicles intended to be new player donations.  That should ensure they are not perm'ed to the database if nobody ends up claiming them.

#4 stellarfirefly

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

I've verified through repeated, reproducible steps that it is safe to "donate" a mission vehicle provided that the donor ONLY place the key into the vehicle.  They must not climb in and drive it, not even one meter, or the vehicle will be "permed" to the database and then auto-locked on the next restart.  But if the only action taken is placing the key inside the vehicle's cargo, then it will be automatically removed at the next server restart if no other player comes to claim it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com