Photo

Running BF1942 in the absolute best way! ^_^

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sir George

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Alright, so we all know BF91942 is a tad bit an old game right? Well worry not! That is good news, meaning I assume everyone has an nVidia card (seeing as how ATi is declaring bankruptcy) and most people have widescreen monitors. So let us begin, to make your game look astonishingly amazing. Oh and please read through, even if you think you already know.

1. To all those whom have extremely outdated cards, please conider this. It's in the latest GeForce series (9000) and has optimum modern capabilities, and is only around $50 - $60! It's nVidia's first high-quality low price first release card! http://www.nvidia.co..._9400gt_us.html

2. If you have any good card, be sure now update you nVidia driver. http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us -Simply select your product, the OS, and begin the download.

3. After the driver is completely installed, right click on your desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel and click on 'Manage 3D Settings'. Now then follow closely.

*These settings will be maxed out so be sure to customize them for the needed program by clicking the Program Settings tab up top and setting it specifially for BF1942, the settings I will go over will be the same.

- Antistrophic Filtering - Application Controlled
- Antialiasing Gamme correction - Off
- Antialiasing Mode - Application Controlled
- Antialiasing Setting - Application Controlled
- Antialiasing Transperancy - Off
- Conformant texture clamp - Use hardware
- Error Reporting - Off
- Extension Limit - Off
- Force mipmaps - None
- Maximum pre-rendered frames - 8 (or maximum allowed)
- Multidisplay/mixed-GPU Acceleration - Aingle Display Performance Mode (if applicable)
- Texture filtering-Negative LOD bias - Allow
- Texture filtering Quality - HIGH QUALITY
- Threaded Optimization - On
- Triple Buffering - On
- Vertical sync - Use the 3D application setting

4. Alright time for step four, now run the game and set everything to highest quality with highest resolution and bit rate. Be sure the guage up all the the settings, clicking on the High preset does not do this, so make sure to max out each guage yourself! Now save, and quit.

5. Go and right click the game start icon that you use, be sure that under the compability tab it isn't running in any compability mode - this will limir the graphic card and it's drivers potential (especially for Vista users!)

6. Your done, unless you have a widescreen monitor, then go here and follow directions promptly! http://www.widescree...attlefield_1942
NOTE: For every file you edit, be sure to later go to the properties AFTER saving it and checking the "Read-Only" box so that the game doesn't automatically change anything. After this has been done, DO NOT touch the game settings or switch game user profiles to avoid corrupting your edits!

7. That is all, be sure that if you have multiple speakers to go to the sound settings of BOTH Windows and your sound driver and setting it to proper sound proprtioning. For example 5 speakers should be set to 5.1, 7 speakers to 7.1. Also be sure that your sound is running at a good quality and frequency through all your sound settings!

8. Unless it's necessary, adjust your monitor. Select a pre-set toning that is best for gaming or viewing high graphic images, also it's best to max out the brightness which helps better define colors (especially if you have and HD monitor)!

That is all! You are now ready for a more rich, epic, and enchanced BF1942 experience!

#2 charliedon'tsurf

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Where's the any key?!!!!!

j/k. Thanks for the good info. I'm running a AGP ATI X800 GTO 256 MB Card and have pretty much what you said. Looks great on the 22" Samsung LCD (2 ms response rate).

#3 Sir George

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

I've gotten a few PM's and emails about game crashed when Video Card settings were tempered. It's because you tempered with the antistrophic and antialiasing features. Those MUST be left at "Application-Controlled" - back when this game was programmed, the programmers never made exceptions for those high settings and they are forced upon the game causing carious crashes. Also make sure the game is run as an administrator when your running it on Vista.

#4 UNCLE SAM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

I've gotten a few PM's and emails about game crashed when Video Card settings were tempered. It's because you tempered with the antistrophic and antialiasing features. Those MUST be left at "Application-Controlled" - back when this game was programmed, the programmers never made exceptions for those high settings and they are forced upon the game causing carious crashes. Also make sure the game is run as an administrator when your running it on Vista.

Well I run BF 1942 with a resolution of 1680*1050 on my widescreen monitor and in the Nvidia Control panel I have set
Anisotropic Filterinag and Anti Aliasing to 4x. :D

Until now everything works fine and the image quality is much better. If u want I can make compare screenshots as soon as I find some time...

btw. BF 1942 rocks with my 5.1 speakers :applaud: . They are the only reason why I am not in TS that much. The sound of my headset is horrible compared to the 5.1 speakers.

edit: forgot to say. Pretty nice guide. I had to find out all these settings alone but it is very useful to have them all collected here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com