Photo

Eagle's nest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Grassy

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

Played this today and wanted to give an opinion on the tunnel spawn as an uncap for axis.   First and foremost, I appreciate all the the modding team an admins are doing, this is not to be taken as insult or degradation in anyway.

The idea here is to capture the eagles nest spawn  Well without the tunnel spawn  being capturable, it is basically a futile effort with 10 people a side,  We captured it twice today from allies only for it to be taken back with in a couple of minutes each time.  When I first read about this change recently I thought this was a great idea, after having played it today, it makes for a LONG game, and the map loses some of the dynamics, The Axis basically have no chance of being capped out, and with a modest population tends to be a bit "redundant"

Anyway thanks for all that you the admin team are doing, all your efforts are very much appreciated for keeping this title alive!

Much Respect!

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

Did you notice Allies also having an uncap?

#3 dodgem

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

I agree with Grassy. Was gonna post something similar based partly on my experience last night but also based on what others were saying in the server (3 or 4 people).

The idea is a great one - have lots of smaller battles to help at times of lower population. But I found it quite infuriating - your team finally takes the top but it's completely worthless and is lost within minutes. The essence of the map is lost.

My 0.02.
  • Hairy Russian Dude likes this

#4 Christine1

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

Eagle's Nest  :yourock: Thanks

• coffeeassassin likes this

#5 Hairy Russian Dude

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

I agree with Grassy. Was gonna post something similar based partly on my experience last night but also based on what others were saying in the server (3 or 4 people).

The idea is a great one - have lots of smaller battles to help at times of lower population. But I found it quite infuriating - your team finally takes the top but it's completely worthless and is lost within minutes. The essence of the map is lost.

My 0.02.

Thats what this map is about. Axis defend the nest, allies try to take it.
Its like how making the north flag an uncap on omaha wrecks the map "essence".

#6 Grassy

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Edited...

#7 Kranjis McBasketball

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Blue uncap = 4 tanks

Red uncap = no tanks

i'll say what the rest won't.

It's flat out stupid. One of the dumbest mods i've ever seen.

They just sit in tanks camping the useless red uncap.

With dogem sitting there not calling no attack uncap. Just let's it happen. But he added time of course. Stupidity.

#8 Lin

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

We'll review this at our next admin discussion, thank you.

#9 coffeeassassin

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Once again...map is on Eagles Nest.  Folks complaining about the uncaps.  In addition allies is ahead by almost 500 tickets and the timer keeps getting extended without asking the players.  <<WTF

Over modding the map and extended timers on a beat down ...ruins the sense of gameplay..

SMH

800 tickets and one time extended

• Highway Man likes this

#10 Christine1

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Most players like the Eagles Nest uncap map. We had 1 player that complained  today, and Grassy himself. And only one more time was added today. On Wednesday we play sometimes  twice the map with extra time and no complaining. I think the uncap map should stay as it is now.

• Twilight likes this

#11 Grassy

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Once again...map is on Eagles Nest.  Folks complaining about the uncaps.  In addition allies is ahead by almost 500 tickets and the timer keeps getting extended without asking the players.  <<WTF

Over modding the map and extended timers on a beat down ...ruins the sense of gameplay..

SMH

800 tickets and one time extended

I should have clarified, Timer gets extended on other maps as well without asking server players.  I did not mean to suggest it was extended more than once (my apologies).  

#12 Grassy

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

Most players like the Eagles Nest uncap map. We had 1 player that complained  today, and Grassy himself. And only one more time was added today. On Wednesday we play sometimes  twice the map with extra time and no complaining. I think the uncap map should stay as it is now.

Ding Ding you win 

#13 Grassy

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

I guess I can lock this...thanks for listening

#14 dodgem

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

It's being discussed in the admin forum and on Skype.

Thanks for your input! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com