Photo

I turned the dial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Renlist

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:29 AM

Almost zilch participation by me, now.  Wed and Sun are good for expacks.   The recent  server transfer from the mid USA region to the east coast didn't jazz me.  GameTracker server rankings getting reset 2 times in a year (I like to compete against myself sometimes).

75 minute sessions of maps. 45 minutes of the rest.  

I turned the dial.   

#2 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

You forgot to mention you get to have kills now; although they are bots.

• Highway Man likes this

#3 Renlist

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:43 AM

True. Other than that???   It was cool.

Baytown is a drag, circa 2018.  

Someone get rid of it off the  expak map rotation.

Server runs on auto pilot.    Seems only the chatty types hanging around here and on the server. 

Are donations even needed now?   

Oh, for Sunday and Wednesday expack play.  OK, I suppose.

It  was real okay while it's lasted.  

See my appreciation?

• Grassy likes this

#4 posi

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

Moongamers will always be the best Battlefield 1942 server in my opinion.  Last one standing?  Probably not, and with the age of the game and larger euro playerbase...   that's just fine.

Two days ago I picked up a game somewhere else.  I have to skip the bots though.  You can still rock a 160 ping , this was %100 Infantry , 2/3 Axis then auto switched to allied.  

https://s22.postimg....wkg81/omaha.png

I can't quite fathom playing with bots when there is another game to be had.  Especially if they are sitting in equipment sinking the team.  

• Rubulator and Highway Man like this

#5 Renlist

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Yes, bots, they act stupid and get in tanks and do nothing.  A bot laden server is mostly single player bot driven with  live players joining in.

It's better than 4 playing Market Garden for the umpteenth time.  Good luck and good wishes with that.

What's the average count on this server these days?   6

That translates into me turning the dial, except for expack play, which gets some action here. Weds and Sundays.

Other than that...Moongamers is dead.  Sorry admin, who extended Market Garden to an hour and a half when he/she felt like it.

You killed the server participation.  It was good while it lasted tho. This is true.  That was then, this is now.  2018

Any reason to donate now, except to keep the chatty site up and active?  Forums?  Ya, right.

Cyaz you all on Wednesdays and Sundays, maybe.  Get rid of Baytown. Take it off the expack rotation. 

NAh to that.  This server is on autopilot 90% of the time now.  When an admin does join, you can bet on MG going into overtime.

After that ridiculous overtime extension...who cares?  The admins don't.  The server goes to 0 afterwards. Not in that other US BF1942 server.

See why I turned the dial?  Your server participation is running on fumes now.  I still appreciate the effort keeping hackers and scum out.  Of course I do.

#6 posi

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

I had qualified my statement ; "when there is another game to be had." 

• Highway Man likes this

#7 Highway Man

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

A lot of times I find it more amusing when the server has a few players on it. So that way you aren't getting killed over and over and you have chance to take bases, and and do some shooting in between, and the occasional knife fight without someone else killing you.
  • posi likes this

#8 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

Any reason to donate now, except to keep the chatty site up and active?  Forums?  Ya, right.

We should let YOU have to donate to only rant in our forum and contribute nothing but repeating the same tape over and over.

• posi, Zap Rowsdower and Highway Man like this

#9 dodgem

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Yes, bots, they act stupid and get in tanks and do nothing.  A bot laden server is mostly single player bot driven with  live players joining in.
It's better than 4 playing Market Garden for the umpteenth time.  Good luck and good wishes with that.

That translates into me turning the dial, except for expack play, which gets some action here. Weds and Sundays.
Other than that...Moongamers is dead.  Sorry admin, who extended Market Garden to an hour and a half when he/she felt like it.
You killed the server participation.  It was good while it lasted tho. This is true.  That was then, this is now.  2018

Cyaz you all on Wednesdays and Sundays, maybe.  Get rid of Baytown. Take it off the expack rotation. 

NAh to that.  This server is on autopilot 90% of the time now.  When an admin does join, you can bet on MG going into overtime.
After that ridiculous overtime extension...who cares?  The admins don't.  The server goes to 0 afterwards. Not in that other US BF1942 server.

See why I turned the dial?  Your server participation is running on fumes now.  I still appreciate the effort keeping hackers and scum out.  Of course I do.

You seem to be comparing a low-pop server's map choices to a high-pop server's map choices, whilst simultaneously complaining that MoonGamers has low pop.

A full server can handle regular map changes, large maps and less popular maps with little to no effect on their population. A seeding server, however, will lose players quickly if they have to run a mile to get to the action or if the map choice is a less-played map (and less-played for a reason).

Admins aren't extending time for their own shits and giggles. They're doing it because the population is either increasing or stable. The same can be said if the admin runs MG, then Bocage, then Tobruk, then back to MG. In our experience, the population almost always declines after the staple maps finish and a less-played map starts. If the population doesn't recover, the admin will likely move back to MG, Battleaxe or Bocage to gain players again....BECAUSE THEY WORK.

We're trying our damned hardest and we'd appreciate it if players would be good seeders:
http://www.moongamer...showtopic=40223
  • Lin, Angerfist, Captain John H. Miller and 2 others like this

#10 Highway Man

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

You seem to be comparing a low-pop server's map choices to a high-pop server's map choices, whilst simultaneously complaining that MoonGamers has low pop.

A full server can handle regular map changes, large maps and less popular maps with little to no effect on their population. A seeding server, however, will lose players quickly if they have to run a mile to get to the action or if the map choice is a less-played map (and less-played for a reason).

Admins aren't extending time for their own shits and giggles. They're doing it because the population is either increasing or stable. The same can be said if the admin runs MG, then Bocage, then Tobruk, then back to MG. In our experience, the population almost always declines after the staple maps finish and a less-played map starts. If the population doesn't recover, the admin will likely move back to MG, Battleaxe or Bocage to gain players again....BECAUSE THEY WORK.

We're trying our damned hardest and we'd appreciate it if players would be good seeders:
http://www.moongamer...showtopic=40223

200w.gif

#11 Spare Parts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

Your goodbye is much too long.  

• Colonel Tavington and Highway Man like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com