Photo

Battlefield 1

gameplay!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 birney

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:24 AM

This week E3 started with EA taking part with there usual 'look how good we are' 3 hour presentation and live stream. This time however veteran gamers and celebtities played together in  bf1!!

I have not watched the full game they streamed yet but it looks good so far. I have taken the libertey of posting  some of the gameplay below. All i can say at the moment is "wow!" This is a cross between bf42, and bf4 alongside the run and gun gamplay of day of defeat source, me wants it.

Thoughts, comments and feedback very much sought after and welcomed.

• Joker (Aut), Captain John H. Miller, Pitcher and 2 others like this

#2 birney

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

1.47 min mark lol

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#3 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

It looks awsome! The only thing I don't like, but probably is in a lot of FPS' these days is the fast weapon switching, as seen in video 2 at 0:44. That bayonet charge though I <3 it!

The zeppelin destruction in vid 3 was awsome and I bet that was you flying in that tank Birney !tree

#4 D Day

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Looks good to me! I'll be grabbing this one.

#5 Harriet Tubman

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:53 PM

Infantry looks good. Some things I'm not a fan of but in general I'm pretty hyped. Flying looks terrible aside from the zeppelin, hopefully thats just because its pre alpha. The destruction is crazy, can't wait to play the beta when they release it.

#6 mexican eskimo

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

Looks amazing, unfortunately my computer would never run that.

I'm glad it looks like they killed flying.  Planes and tanks add stuff, but they can be too overdominating, especially when they sit on a ramp.

#7 King of the Squirrels

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:37 AM

Frigging awesome.!  Help me find modder or coder to help finish. I still have a maps in development. They will run in battlefield 1942 to give you battlefield 1 experience. So game 1942!

• Grassy likes this

#8 Harriet Tubman

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

&nbsp;
I'm glad it looks like they killed flying. &nbsp;Planes and tanks add stuff, but they can be too overdominating, especially when they sit on a ramp.

I don't mind what planes from ww1 can do and I agree that planes can be overdominating in 1942. A biplane is not going to go in there and win a battle on its own, but in 1942 the planes had physics that gave each plane a unique weight/feel. The planes in 1942 take a ton of time to master. From the gameplay I saw it looks like you don't gain or lose speed while turning/diving. I'm sure some things would be fixed like switching to rear gunner seat to shoot down plane behind u and ur plane just glides to the ground instead of crashing. And how your plane sometimes just doesn't interact with trees/the ground and you just bounce back into the air. Also you can fix your planes while in the air without getting out. What does seem really cool is the planes can take damage specific to a side of the vehicle and the plane will react based on that. The tanks also have infinite ammo and you can repair while in the tank itself. Although watching tank gameplay it seems to actually look pretty good from my perspective. Can be very strong but easily taken out even from ground troops.

#9 Harriet Tubman

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

Sucks there won't be dedicated airports/runways and instead you just spawn in the vehicle. Stealing planes gonna be very very tricky and no shooting planes while taking off.

#10 Renlist

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

Different war...similar Battlefield tactics as in BF42 probably.  Not a bad thing, just one more nail in the coffin for BF1942 server population, lol.

Better netcode.  The difference between a 59 ms and 20 ms ping is immediately apparent playing BF1942.

Anyways...will this place sponsor a server?  Get it up on GameTracker?  There will, no doubt, be lots of servers when the game is released.

Hey!...your bucks are my buck$.

#11 Grinch

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:03 PM

Definitely a good idea for Moon to have a server for this, ALOT of people who play this game will be buying it, and still playing 42 as well,

#12 Harriet Tubman

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:10 AM

yea i imagine since this isn't modern/future warfare it will attract lots o peeps from 1942 (if their comps can run it) anyone else sign up for beta?

#13 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:39 AM

Different war...similar Battlefield tactics as in BF42 probably.  Not a bad thing, just one more nail in the coffin for BF1942 server population, lol.

Better netcode.  The difference between a 59 ms and 20 ms ping is immediately apparent playing BF1942.

Anyways...will this place sponsor a server?  Get it up on GameTracker?  There will, no doubt, be lots of servers when the game is released.

Hey!...your bucks are my buck$.

Definitely a good idea for Moon to have a server for this, ALOT of people who play this game will be buying it, and still playing 42 as well,

If we get enough donations coming in, we could. One reason we stopped having a BF3 and BF4 server was a lack of donations coming in. But until more info comes out to what the costs will be to run a server, we don't know how much in donations we need to run a BF1 server.

#14 Slash

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

I'm torn on this one. I mean the game looks amazing and I want to play it but my computer will not be able to run it. I play 1942 currently on a shitty laptop that I got about 5 years ago. I don't know whether or not I should invest in a new desktop computer that will run it or buy an XBox One or PS4. (I'm in need of a console upgrade as well. I currently just have an Xbox 360.)

I really want to play the game but I just don't know if I want to go through the hassle of getting a whole new computer or console to play it. I know the best system to play the game on will probably be the PC but it seems like such a headache to upgrade PCs, considering how computer illiterate I am.

I have some thinking to do over the next couple months. That being said, if I do decide to get the game, I would love to play with fellow moonies.

#15 mexican eskimo

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

&nbsp;
I'm glad it looks like they killed flying. &nbsp;Planes and tanks add stuff, but they can be too overdominating, especially when they sit on a ramp.

I don't mind what planes from ww1 can do and I agree that planes can be overdominating in 1942. A biplane is not going to go in there and win a battle on its own, but in 1942 the planes had physics that gave each plane a unique weight/feel. The planes in 1942 take a ton of time to master. From the gameplay I saw it looks like you don't gain or lose speed while turning/diving. I'm sure some things would be fixed like switching to rear gunner seat to shoot down plane behind u and ur plane just glides to the ground instead of crashing. And how your plane sometimes just doesn't interact with trees/the ground and you just bounce back into the air. Also you can fix your planes while in the air without getting out. What does seem really cool is the planes can take damage specific to a side of the vehicle and the plane will react based on that. The tanks also have infinite ammo and you can repair while in the tank itself. Although watching tank gameplay it seems to actually look pretty good from my perspective. Can be very strong but easily taken out even from ground troops.

I probably worded that wrong.

In newer eras the planes can be very dominating.  SW has the same problem, if a pilot really knows how to handle that equipment it can just destroys the game.  I like the idea of going back to WWI era.  The plans can have value, but I'm hoping they aren't overdominating.

• Grinch likes this

#16 Renlist

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:42 AM

Battlefield 1 will probably play fine for those with less gpu/cpu power.  It'll be good if this series gets back to less emphasis on eye candy, more on classic gameplay.  Dice probably won't try and push the envelope like they did with Battlefield 4, graphics wise. I'm looking forward to an improved net code, and keeping the game not too flashy looking,  just for graphics sake.

#17 Harriet Tubman

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:43 PM

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&amp;nbsp;
I'm glad it looks like they killed flying. &amp;nbsp;Planes and tanks add stuff, but they can be too overdominating, especially when they sit on a ramp.

&nbsp;
I probably worded that wrong.
&nbsp;
In newer eras the planes can be very dominating. &nbsp;SW has the same problem, if a pilot really knows how to handle that equipment it can just destroys the game. &nbsp;I like the idea of going back to WWI era. &nbsp;The plans can have value, but I'm hoping they aren't overdominating.

ahh. i do have faith in bf1 getting flying more towards the 1942 style and less arcadey. they have this written on the site "Airplane aerodynamics feel more physical than in previous games; you really feel gravity and you can even perform controlled stalls."
and "Once your plane, tank, or boat has taken enough damage, you'll start to see an impact not just on how it looks, but how it feels. Shooting at airplane wings, for example, can cause them to break and splinter, altering the aerodynamics of the plane."
  • Grinch likes this

#18 Captain John H. Miller

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

New video 

• Rubulator and Eliminator like this

#19 birney

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

EA have now opened a second map for beta testing that will/has been showcased at a live event. The video below is the first I have come across, it starts in spanish/mexican but please bear with it as the English language part kicks in at around 3.13

• Rubulator likes this

#20 Moving Target

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

May that train be used in multiplayer maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com